Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: TTS Causes Computer to Crash  (Read 2155 times)

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
Re: TTS Causes Computer to Crash
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 09:30:51 PM »

Was this with the engine running or not?  Give as specific details as possible.

Does it crash right when you start a Data Recording, or during a Recording in progress?  Do you have the AC adapter plugged up to the laptop; or running on battery power?  Once a Data Recording starts, it's a big load on the computer's buss/resources.

First thing that comes to mind is the USB adapter failing.  Even though you have the drivers installed, are they the latest from the manufacturer's website?  Does your adapter offer a high enough baud rate to support the TTS requirements?

Also check the Com Port settings per the TTS Tuning Guide.  Any conflicts there will crash the system.

Are you running Window's Defender Program?

Just throwing out some food for thought..........

:confused5:

Yes it was with the engine running.  I had started the engine and was checking to make sure everything was being displayed on the screen properly and then packed the laptop in the tour pack and took off riding.  It crashed sometime during that.  Also it had crashed earlier when in data mode and I think maybe once when just reading the ECM, but I made sure I had up to date drivers and I thought everything was working correctly the last time.
   After talking to Doc who I bought the TTS from he said that the Harley SERT cables can go bad and cause problems and also the serial to USB adapter I had might be causing the problem so I ordered a complete new set of cables from him that are known to work. As soon as I get them I'll try it out and report back what happens.
  I'll check the COM port settings too.   
No, I'm not running Windows Defender----actually I don't even know what it is, and I don't have any anti virus installed on the laptop either.   The time it crashed while recording it was on battery power but the previous time it crashed was on  the AC adapter.
Thanks for the suggestions-----if  you think of anything else let me know and I'll check it out too.
Steve

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
Re: TTS Causes Computer to Crash--Update
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 03:22:31 PM »

I got my new cables from Doc and tried them out today.  So far everything has worked perfectly so I'm assuming my problems were all with the cables.  Hopefully that problem is solved now.  Thanks for all the suggestions.
Steve
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.713 seconds with 22 queries.