Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: King TourPak for '07 SERK  (Read 15118 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: King TourPak for '07 SERK
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »

Howie,
I believe this is the system from 2WheelTunes.  JP Cycles carries them among others.  The best part of this system is that you could utilize the wires that used to run to your directionals before relocating to the nacelle. that were inside the bars.  That should make you go DOH!  I thought of it as I was cutting off the wires flush to the switch housings.  I heard them at Sturgis, but not while on the road.

By the way, with a tour pak you can be a half-fast FD.

Link to JP Cycles
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=985EB816-B9AC-471D-BEBB-BDBFD2B6F322&brand=2wheeltunes
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 07:36:26 PM »

Howie,
I believe this is the system from 2WheelTunes.  JP Cycles carries them among others.  The best part of this system is that you could utilize the wires that used to run to your directionals before relocating to the nacelle. that were inside the bars.  That should make you go DOH!  I thought of it as I was cutting off the wires flush to the switch housings.  I heard them at Sturgis, but not while on the road.

By the way, with a tour pak you can be a half-fast FD.

Link to JP Cycles
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=985EB816-B9AC-471D-BEBB-BDBFD2B6F322&brand=2wheeltunes

Thanks Phil. If I'm not mistaken, that's the system I'm using to connect to the Garmin Zumo/XM system, instead of using a portable device. The XM interfaces nicely with the Zumo screen for control. Overall, it made for a nice system, not much bulkier than just adding GPS alone. Appreciate the link.

On another note, I spoke with Gene (painter) today. He agrees with my paint scheme for the KTP. Leaf flames on the sides, marbling on both sides of the lid, raised flame in the recessed center of the lid, and Screamin' Eagle logo on the rear panel. It should match up really well with the paint scheme he used for my hard bags.

When all this is done, Binx should really be happy back there on longer trips, we'll both have tunes, I'll still be on a normal bike from my seating position, and I can strip it all down quickly anytime I want. All-in-all, this will add another dimension to Cybil, my girl with many personalities! And with the new engine, hopefully without breaking or leaking anymore either! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 08:07:30 PM »

Howie...Zumos..Devices...interfaces..Roadking..GPS..TP's

Howie, I don't know you any more. I'm really let down. no....It's depressing.... sigh... :D
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »

Howie...Zumos..Devices...interfaces..Roadking..GPS..TP's

Howie, I don't know you any more. I'm really let down. no....It's depressing.... sigh... :D

Don't worry Ken, I'll be sure to be playin' that redneck music on it when I come see you again! :P ;D

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 11:18:40 PM »

Thanks Phil. If I'm not mistaken, that's the system I'm using to connect to the Garmin Zumo/XM system, instead of using a portable device. The XM interfaces nicely with the Zumo screen for control. Overall, it made for a nice system, not much bulkier than just adding GPS alone. Appreciate the link.

On another note, I spoke with Gene (painter) today. He agrees with my paint scheme for the KTP. Leaf flames on the sides, marbling on both sides of the lid, raised flame in the recessed center of the lid, and Screamin' Eagle logo on the rear panel. It should match up really well with the paint scheme he used for my hard bags.

When all this is done, Binx should really be happy back there on longer trips, we'll both have tunes, I'll still be on a normal bike from my seating position, and I can strip it all down quickly anytime I want. All-in-all, this will add another dimension to Cybil, my girl with many personalities! And with the new engine, hopefully without breaking or leaking anymore either! ;)

Hoist! 8)
Hoist. Are those the speakers that your friend mounted on his serk? Any problems with them hitting the tank when handlebars turned all the way to one side? I have been thinking about getting a set of external speakers for my zumo. Was waiting to see these when they came out, were supposed to have been out this fall but looks like it is not going to happen. http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3889 Also as to the kuryakyn adjustable pegs, I have them mounted on my bike. You will have to enlarge (drill) the small hole where the peg goes to allow your peg to attach.  jj

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 11:34:19 PM »

Hoist. Are those the speakers that your friend mounted on his serk? Any problems with them hitting the tank when handlebars turned all the way to one side? I have been thinking about getting a set of external speakers for my zumo. Was waiting to see these when they came out, were supposed to have been out this fall but looks like it is not going to happen. http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3889 Also as to the kuryakyn adjustable pegs, I have them mounted on my bike. You will have to enlarge (drill) the small hole where the peg goes to allow your peg to attach.  jj

The speakers I'm using are the ones referred to by Phil in the J&P Cycles link below. They're actually bullet turn signal housings that mount where the original SERK turn signals were mounted, before I relocated the to the spot lights. So they clear everything without a problem.

Actually, I'm taking it a step further now. Since I'm adding the KTP, I figured why not add speakers to the TP, Ultra style! :o I ordered the 6.5" Speaker Pod Housings from eGlideGoodies (yeah I know) as recommended by Jim. Jim is sending me a 150W Hawg Wired amp to mount in the KTP for the rear speakers, which I'll make detachable with the rest of the KTP.

This way, I'll have some really decent sound when the KTP is mounted. Yet, I'll still have something, with the 100W front amp and Bullet Speakers, when the KTP is detached. I hadn't seen this done yet with the Zumo on a RK, but I didn't see why it couldn't be done. Jim thought it was a great idea, and sees no reason why it won't work!

So, my next question.....Has anyone ever heard of companies called Dragonfly or Hoppe?

NOT!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:27:06 AM by Hoist »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 01:58:04 AM »

The speakers I'm using are the ones referred to by Phil in the J&P Cycles link below. They're actually bullet turn signal housings that mount where the original SERK turn signals were mounted, before I relocated the to the spot lights. So they clear everything without a problem.

Actually, I'm taking it a step further now. Since I'm adding the KTP, I figured why not add speakers to the TP, Ultra style! :o I ordered the 6.5" Speaker Pod Housings from eGlideGoodies (yeah I know) as recommended by Jim. Jim is sending me a 150W/Ch Hawg Wired amp to mount in the KTP for the rear speakers, which I'll make detachable with the rest of the KTP.

This way, I'll have some really decent sound when the KTP is mounted. Yet, I'll still have something, with the 50W/Ch front amp and Bullet Speakers, when the KTP is detached. I hadn't seen this done yet with the Zumo on a RK, but I didn't see why it couldn't be done. Jim thought it was a great idea, and sees no reason why it won't work!

So, my next question.....Has anyone ever heard of companies called Dragonfly or Hoppe?

NOT!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

:zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 02:11:11 AM »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 08:51:44 AM »

Actually, I'm taking it a step further now. Since I'm adding the KTP, I figured why not add speakers to the TP, Ultra style! :o I ordered the 6.5" Speaker Pod Housings from eGlideGoodies (yeah I know) as recommended by Jim. Jim is sending me a 150W/Ch Hawg Wired amp to mount in the KTP for the rear speakers, which I'll make detachable with the rest of the KTP.

This way, I'll have some really decent sound when the KTP is mounted. Yet, I'll still have something, with the 50W/Ch front amp and Bullet Speakers, when the KTP is detached. I hadn't seen this done yet with the Zumo on a RK, but I didn't see why it couldn't be done. Jim thought it was a great idea, and sees no reason why it won't work!

NOT!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Then there is Deadcenter Fairing  Howie  (80 watt, ipod compatible, polk audio drivers, ciggy lighter and the biggie, it is removable)....

I picked up a KTP myself...Big a$$ rack on top with a spoiler and speakers.  Now to gut the harness and find a source for those little black 3 pin wiring connectors to light it (any ideas)....I like the idea of your paint scheme, I'll do something similar too...Leafed side flame, marbleized top insert and if you don't mind a SE logo on the back too!

Good luck with your projects this winter

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 09:35:10 AM »

Then there is Deadcenter Fairing  Howie  (80 watt, ipod compatible, polk audio drivers, ciggy lighter and the biggie, it is removable)....

I picked up a KTP myself...Big a$$ rack on top with a spoiler and speakers.  Now to gut the harness and find a source for those little black 3 pin wiring connectors to light it (any ideas)....I like the idea of your paint scheme, I'll do something similar too...Leafed side flame, marbleized top insert and if you don't mind a SE logo on the back too!

Good luck with your projects this winter

Miker

You're SERK is awesome miker, but you took it 1 step further than I'd like to. NO FAIRING! ;D

Have fun with your winter work. Oh yeah, you don't get winter down there! ::)

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 10:19:42 AM »

You're SERK is awesome miker, but you took it 1 step further than I'd like to. NO FAIRING! ;D

Have fun with your winter work. Oh yeah, you don't get winter down there! ::)

Hoist! 8)

Thats right Howie, riding season is here! Don't worry pal, I still go topless now and then big fella!  No windshield, no fairing.  I do like the fairing for bug season during the summer and to hide behind during toad stranglin downpours...You know where to go when winter is getting old, come on down and ride the hand shifter or the dyna or the monkey!

We are off to somewhere (no gps, no plan, no clue) in soflo next week slurp a few beverages...

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »

Thats right Howie, riding season is here! Don't worry pal, I still go topless now and then big fella!  No windshield, no fairing.  I do like the fairing for bug season during the summer and to hide behind during toad stranglin downpours...You know where to go when winter is getting old, come on down and ride the hand shifter or the dyna or the monkey!

We are off to somewhere (no gps, no plan, no clue) in soflo next week slurp a few beverages...

Miker

Thanks miker! Man, after the Cali trip, and with my bike in the shop now, that sure sounds tempting! :2vrolijk_21:

Too bad it can't happen. We're off to Puerto Vallarta in a few weeks, and then no vaca this year left. Next year, 2 weeks for Sturgis. So little time, so much to do. Man, why can't I just retire now! :(

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2007, 10:59:54 AM »

Yeah, retire....ahhhh, thats it, I am gonna.  In a few years unless lotto helps, that is. 

Gonna move back to cali, buy a vineyard, pan for gold and go riding...but keep a condo in Miami Beach for the cold rainy cali winters, if I don't start sking again, because there ain't no place like that place anywhere I've ever been...

Enjoy the porto bucko!  Happy Holidays.

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2007, 11:10:52 AM »

Just spoke to Jenny. All the parts but the TP itself are in. Everything should ship this week. Once I get everything, off it goes to Paint By Gene in WA. The engine should be done and I should have the bike back, before the TP comes back from Gene. We can mount & wire the Zumo and front amp/speakers, and get all the wiring run for the rear TP amp/speakers and TP spoiler light. Then just mount the amp and speakers and plug it all in, when it arrives back from Gene. This should be cool! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2007, 12:53:44 PM »

Just spoke to Jenny. All the parts but the TP itself are in. Everything should ship this week. Once I get everything, off it goes to Paint By Gene in WA. The engine should be done and I should have the bike back, before the TP comes back from Gene. We can mount & wire the Zumo and front amp/speakers, and get all the wiring run for the rear TP amp/speakers and TP spoiler light. Then just mount the amp and speakers and plug it all in, when it arrives back from Gene. This should be cool! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Is the order from the dealer all TP parts?  If so why not have her send it to the painter and save an extra round of shipping $$$?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 21 queries.