Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: For Matt's New Trailer  (Read 5437 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: For Matt's New Trailer
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »

again.....
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2009, 01:01:51 AM »

Can't wait to see it in person. Looks great. :2vrolijk_21:   Doc

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2009, 11:37:36 AM »

So what's the verdict????  Keg cooler or Big screen TV????  I think I may need to put a bigger alternator in my bike now.....
I vote for keg cooler and maybe a tv small enough to fit in trailer then you get both :huepfenlol2:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2009, 11:44:52 AM »

Paint looks really nice Matt, can't wait to see the pic of it behind the bike. Then you and Don can do a mirror pic with both bike and trailers together. :2vrolijk_21:

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »

Rooster,
   It's gonna be a work in progress for a while, I'm hammered at work for a while and won't have much time to work on it, besides, Lou and Terry are off on vacation again.

Hum, vacation????  If you're retarded..um, er...I mean retired and you take a trip somewhere, does it still count as vacation????? :nixweiss:

Have a great time kids if I don't get to see ya on Saturday!!!!!!
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2009, 08:45:17 PM »

That's it exactly.  The big spring clip was probably used on the pin that goes through receiver and hitch when they're installed together.  The ones I've got from Bushtec didn't use a big Jesus clip like that but a clip with a bail type handle on the end of it.  Probably easier to grab hold of.

The newer pieces are supplied with the hitch pin and hitch as an assembly that can't be simply unbolted.  If you get anything from them now it'll probably be something like this:

When the hitch is installed, do you leave the spring clip as Don has shown or you do it the hard way and flip the spring clip over on the back side of the receiver????

Didn't know if the way the spring clip is shown if it could ever flip up rub on the tire???

See page 2 reply#42 showing the receiver and hitch pin.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:48:01 PM by Boatman »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2009, 09:16:33 PM »

Didn't know if the way the spring clip is shown if it could ever flip up rub on the tire???

It couldn't (rub the tire).  Would clear either way.  It also can't flip over the top and change orientation when installed.  The receiver is taller than the hitch as shown in the photo.  So even if the pin could clear the top while uninstalled in the receiver (don't now if it could or not) it can can not clear the center bracket when installed on the bike.  I remember be curious when it was new and discovering that it would not clear.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2009, 09:24:47 PM »

When the hitch is installed, do you leave the spring clip as Don has shown or you do it the hard way and flip the spring clip over on the back side of the receiver????

See page 2 reply#42 showing the receiver and hitch pin.

On my 03 the clip was installed facing the tire, once you snugged up the anti rattle nut and bolt the pin has pressure on it and wouldn't move.

On my new Bushtec hitch they did away with the clip and use a pin style Masterlock instead, they said some customers were concerned about someone removing the old style clip and stealing the reciever and/or trailer.  

i know i know   :worthless:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2009, 09:32:41 PM »

On my 03 the clip was installed facing the tire, once you snugged up the anti rattle nut and bolt the pin has pressure on it and wouldn't move.

On my new Bushtec hitch they did away with the clip and use a pin style Masterlock instead, they said some customers were concerned about someone removing the old style clip and stealing the reciever and/or trailer.  

i know i know   :worthless:

Oh great.  Tell me about new stuff I don't need but didn't know about :huepfenlol2: .

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2009, 03:15:54 PM »

I figured before I leave for the week, I'd give you an update on the trailer.  My bro Ian is working the trailer in between jobs, so it's coming along when he has time.  I don't mind, the price is right.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2009, 03:24:04 PM »

He is going to be pissed about that plan change.  :D  Doc

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »

That Amber bike is da kind..........
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.