Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Which ones D & D 2-1's or TD  (Read 2321 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Which ones D & D 2-1's or TD
« on: January 24, 2008, 10:54:19 AM »

Thinking about going with the D & D exhaust on my 08 SEUC. having a hard time deciding on whether to go with there new True Duals or go with the fatcat 2-1's with quiet baffle. Iam running the stock headers with V & H ovals rite now. Any opinions appreciated...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Which ones D & D 2-1's or TD
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »

Thinking about going with the D & D exhaust on my 08 SEUC. having a hard time deciding on whether to go with there new True Duals or go with the fatcat 2-1's with quiet baffle. Iam running the stock headers with V & H ovals rite now. Any opinions appreciated...

Some recent or current threads that migh help on this:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=19645.0

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=19570.0

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=19570.0

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:09:44 PM »

The answer is;

:drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

2 into 1  :2vrolijk_21:

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 02:14:45 PM »

The answer is;

:drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

2 into 1  :2vrolijk_21:

DITTO. I have The D&D 2into1's in my 07 & luv them. Good power great sound.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 02:26:38 PM »

Do you have the quiet baffle or regular baffle. Wonder how loud the standard baffle is compared to the quiet baffle.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 02:33:07 PM »

Do you have the quiet baffle or regular baffle. Wonder how loud the standard baffle is compared to the quiet baffle.

Unless you really like loud, you would want the quiet baffle (and it's not quiet).  On a 110 that isn't heavily modified, they perform better with the quiet baffle from what I have read here.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 02:51:07 PM »

Unless you really like loud, you would want the quiet baffle (and it's not quiet).  On a 110 that isn't heavily modified, they perform better with the quiet baffle from what I have read here.

Unless you've done a decent amount engine mods, and substantially increased flow, get the Quiet Muffler for it. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 03:01:11 PM »

Iam running the stock headers with V & H ovals rite now. Any opinions appreciated...

A lot of people run the Ovals with TD headpipes and are quite happy and it should run quite well.
If you want the very best performance,  then go with the quiet baffles in the D&D..

Talk with Hoist as he has tried several combo's with his 110 plus. 

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 03:23:18 PM »

I have the performance baffle in mine which I think is too loud. I did purchase an extra baffle #436 which is the quiet I believe. I may install that one before the spring.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 06:49:36 PM »

Will i have to get a re- tune if i go with 2-1's. Iam running the SERT at the moment. Iam just ready for a change in exhaust's. Not sure if iam gonna like just the 1 pipe on a bagger. I know they make a ghost pipe but it really has no function other than looks... I did have a dyno done.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 07:04:41 PM »

Will i have to get a re- tune if i go with 2-1's. Iam running the SERT at the moment. Iam just ready for a change in exhaust's. Not sure if iam gonna like just the 1 pipe on a bagger. I know they make a ghost pipe but it really has no function other than looks... I did have a dyno done.

OK, so explain this to me.  You do not like one pipe, even though if you do not go for a 2 into 1, the left one does not do so much and the pipes you  would use will not give you the best performance.  If you are into performance, looks or function...... for looks get the ghost pipe.  For function and performance get the 2 into 1.  This is not really complicated, is it?   :nixweiss:

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 10:50:01 PM »

OK, so explain this to me.  You do not like one pipe, even though if you do not go for a 2 into 1, the left one does not do so much and the pipes you  would use will not give you the best performance.  If you are into performance, looks or function...... for looks get the ghost pipe.  For function and performance get the 2 into 1.  This is not really complicated, is it?   :nixweiss:
What Mrs.We said  :2vrolijk_21:, I think!! :nixweiss:

:huepfenlol2:  :huepfenlol2:

tysndys

• Full CVO Member
    • UT

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 (sold)
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 06:05:17 PM »

Having just installed 2 into 1 Fat Cats on the Fat Boy,  I can reccomend the D&D's shine and fit.  Sound quality was also greatly enhanced over stock.  I think to cut a little of the sound quantity quiet baffles would be my suggestion.
Tires just don't last long enough

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 10:13:39 PM »

Just a little more imput on the D&D. I bought my 2 into 1 before they had the quiet baffle,
only because they told me that when it was ready they would send me one. Needless to say
it took almost a year before the quiet baffle was ready for production. The standad was, to say the least, RFL!  When they were ready for production, they called me and had me send my pipe
in, for a free retro fit, (had to pay for the baffle). Well the QB, not only lowered the noise level, but also increased my HP & torque. Everyone loves the nice rap it gives, and I'm not afraid to
drive past the man! By the way, it's on a 06 103 SE Ultra!
The "TAZMUN"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 10:23:14 PM »

Just a little more imput on the D&D. I bought my 2 into 1 before they had the quiet baffle,
only because they told me that when it was ready they would send me one. Needless to say
it took almost a year before the quiet baffle was ready for production. The standad was, to say the least, RFL!  When they were ready for production, they called me and had me send my pipe
in, for a free retro fit, (had to pay for the baffle). Well the QB, not only lowered the noise level, but also increased my HP & torque. Everyone loves the nice rap it gives, and I'm not afraid to
drive past the man! By the way, it's on a 06 103 SE Ultra!

That is exactly the kind of before-and-after comparison that is especially helpful.  Thanks very much.

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 10:33:45 PM »

Sir Mike 113 has a D&D ghost pipe for sale.... don't you mike?
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 10:54:39 PM »

Sir Mike 113 has a D&D ghost pipe for sale.... don't you mike?
Nope, it sold saturday!! :o  A cash offer was made that I couldn't pass up!! :2vrolijk_21:

MIKE :coolblue:
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.