Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: What Constitutes a Deal?  (Read 3441 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: What Constitutes a Deal?
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 11:34:53 PM »

I've been out all afternoon and missed all the fun!
2LN, I'll make the deal and trade you even up, Cybil for 103's SERG.  :D  :2vrolijk_21:
Miker, you'd better not give away all the cigars, I'll need one when I get there Tuesday night.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 11:39:01 PM »

I've been out all afternoon and missed all the fun!
2LN, I'll make the deal and trade you even up, Cybil for 103's SERG.  :D  :2vrolijk_21:
Miker, you'd better not give away all the cigars, I'll need one when I get there Tuesday night.

Need to clarify the terms AJ.  Is this before or after Cybil is all buttoned back up?

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 12:44:31 AM »

Need to clarify the terms AJ.  Is this before or after Cybil is all buttoned back up?

I'd have to say, just to be fair, "as is, where is".  ;D

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2008, 09:13:09 AM »

Well let me explain this a little bit.......I put a Zumo 550 up for sale while I was at my Uncle's house for Thanksgiving in South Carolina. On the way home I received a call regarding the sale of said item, and informed that individual that I would contact them after settling in. After returning home I immediately left for our family farm in Va to do some work and deer hunt, after work...

My wife contacted me that there were a few individuals interested in the Zumo. I had not informed her of the previous call that I received on the Zumo. Where in lies my not communicating with her....

The individual who believes that the item should be sold to him/her took it on for themselves and others that the item was his. Now lies my delima...since I had verbal communications with another individual and this individual said they would take the item....I did not want a situation to develop and I decided not to sell the Zumo.

I thought it would be best for me to post this in the for sale category and not my wife....on the farm we only have dial up service that is at best, piss poor and while I tried to post the service internet would go off line.

I posted a very short notice that the item was no longer for sale on the site. I also called back the individual that contacted me by phone and informed them that because of my delima that I was not going to sell the unit at this time.

I hope this explains about the corner that I felt that I was in and the only way to be fair was to not sell it to anyone.

Thank you for your understanding and let's hope that it does not happen to me or anyone again.

Hogasm

I receive

Thanks Brian.

I knew there was more to it than appeared.

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 09:27:04 AM »

Well, I for one think the way Brian resolved the dilemma was the most fair and logical method available to him. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2008, 09:40:47 AM »

Well, I for one think the way Brian resolved the dilemma was the most fair and logical method available to him. 

Jerry

Agree.  I wasn't sure what had happened to cause this thread (that's what happens when you don't spend as much time here as you onced did) until I went looking in the Selling section.  But even after reading there, I didn't really see anything to get upset over . . . a little understanding of the situation on the prospective buyer's part would've gone a long way.

Now, having said that, I've changed my mind about all you guys selling/trading my bikes!

>:( ::) :P

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2008, 10:57:50 AM »

Well let me explain this a little bit.......I put a Zumo 550 up for sale while I was at my Uncle's house for Thanksgiving in South Carolina. On the way home I received a call regarding the sale of said item, and informed that individual that I would contact them after settling in. After returning home I immediately left for our family farm in Va to do some work and deer hunt, after work...

My wife contacted me that there were a few individuals interested in the Zumo. I had not informed her of the previous call that I received on the Zumo. Where in lies my not communicating with her....

The individual who believes that the item should be sold to him/her took it on for themselves and others that the item was his. Now lies my delima...since I had verbal communications with another individual and this individual said they would take the item....I did not want a situation to develop and I decided not to sell the Zumo.

I thought it would be best for me to post this in the for sale category and not my wife....on the farm we only have dial up service that is at best, piss poor and while I tried to post the service internet would go off line.

I posted a very short notice that the item was no longer for sale on the site. I also called back the individual that contacted me by phone and informed them that because of my delima that I was not going to sell the unit at this time.

I hope this explains about the corner that I felt that I was in and the only way to be fair was to not sell it to anyone.

Thank you for your understanding and let's hope that it does not happen to me or anyone again.

Hogasm

I receive

Let me understand:

The reason you decided NOT to sell your Zumo is because you had 3 buyers (1 phone & 2 this forum) & didn't want to cause a problem?  Rather than decide who the first offer was, you'll just keep the Zumo in order to avoid a problem. 

OK, I'll take your word for it, but that's a first in my book. 

I can only speak for myself and say what I would have done.  If I remembered or knew the time of the call, I would have checked the forum to see who reached me first.  If the phone call said "I'll take it" before the post, I would make a post on this forum to that effect & let all parties know the item was sold.  If the "I'll take it" post on the forum was before the phone call, I would get back to the phone caller & let them know the item was already sold on the forum before the two of you had spoken.  I don't know of anyone who would be offended by a first come first served sale.

As to what constitutes a sale, or a deal, we need to remember that we're on a public forum.  An item was posted for sale with specific terms.  Description of item + delivery, for a specific price.  In this case it was $400 for a Zumo, delivered.  To my understanding a legitimate offer of sale was made.  An interested party on the forum asked a few questions, but did not commit.  Another interested party read the ensuing posts & said "I'll take it".  At that point, an offer was made & an acceptance of the offer was made.  To me, that's a deal (with the exception of a previous sale). 

If the seller had offered the item for sale, with specific instruction & price, but said "call for details", then I wouldn't think a bona fide deal could be struck until further conversation took place. 

That's my opinion, like it or not.  As to all the attention this situation has garnered, it certainly was not my intention to cause such a ruckus.  As I said in the previous thread, I hold no grudge, nor do I judge the seller.  He made a call, which, as some of you noted I could have just let lie.  But, I didn't because I felt it should be noted as... let's just say... uncustomary.

For the record, I'm a businessman, and in my book a deal was struck.  If an earlier deal was struck (from the phone caller), THAT deal should be honored.  If not, the deal on this forum should have been honored.  Simple.  Withdrawn indicates intent other than to sell the item (true or not).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:01:48 AM by PR3VS56 »

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2008, 11:26:39 AM »

There was a reason the other thread was locked down (and the reason this one is now locked)... to move on from this.

Bottom line members are allowed to sell/buy remove from sale, or remove their intent to buy at their will. If you don't like the way sales are handled here I would suggest you not participate and you will not feel offended or slighted.

This is not like eBay or any other auction service. Members are only offering items to other members as a courtesy so if they decide not to buy or sell we must extend them the courtesy of their decision.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.