Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: What Constitutes a Deal?  (Read 3448 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: What Constitutes a Deal?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »

CVO test pilot, if he rides it and it keeps running, put it on the show room floor!!  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

Now there's a gig I can get into! Except in stock form, NONE of em will make it to the floor!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »

I want to sell Cybil. Any takers?

Will you trade it for one of 103's bikes?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »

I only buy bikes that are running. (and running 12 months out of 12)
But I will give you 10K for 103's SEEG!
12K if you throw in his SERG!
But he will have to deliver!
Deal?

:2vrolijk_21:

Dammit.  Beaten to the draw.

hogasm

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 07:51:59 PM »

Perfect solution Brian.
Not every deal can make everyone happy, but I think a short PM w/explanation would have gone a long way.

:2vrolijk_21:

Well let me explain this a little bit.......I put a Zumo 550 up for sale while I was at my Uncle's house for Thanksgiving in South Carolina. On the way home I received a call regarding the sale of said item, and informed that individual that I would contact them after settling in. After returning home I immediately left for our family farm in Va to do some work and deer hunt, after work...

My wife contacted me that there were a few individuals interested in the Zumo. I had not informed her of the previous call that I received on the Zumo. Where in lies my not communicating with her....

The individual who believes that the item should be sold to him/her took it on for themselves and others that the item was his. Now lies my delima...since I had verbal communications with another individual and this individual said they would take the item....I did not want a situation to develop and I decided not to sell the Zumo.

I thought it would be best for me to post this in the for sale category and not my wife....on the farm we only have dial up service that is at best, piss poor and while I tried to post the service internet would go off line.

I posted a very short notice that the item was no longer for sale on the site. I also called back the individual that contacted me by phone and informed them that because of my delima that I was not going to sell the unit at this time.

I hope this explains about the corner that I felt that I was in and the only way to be fair was to not sell it to anyone.

Thank you for your understanding and let's hope that it does not happen to me or anyone again.

Hogasm

I receive

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »

Howie, I do not know what this is about, but I go back on my contract law days to understand what is a deal.
Consideration must be given on both sides for a deal to be made.
Like I agree to sell this to you and will not sell to anyone else (My consideration) and in return you will pay me, give some money (deposit) or promise to pay me (your consideration).
If you tell me you will get back to me about it, there is no consideration given therefore no deal in my mind. There is no deal until consideration is given by both parties (oral contracts)
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 07:58:33 PM »

Howie, I do not know what this is about, but I go back on my contract law days to understand what is a deal.
Consideration must be given on both sides for a deal to be made.
Like I agree to sell this to you and will not sell to anyone else (My consideration) and in return you will pay me, give some money (deposit) or promise to pay me (your consideration).
If you tell me you will get back to me about it, there is no consideration given therefore no deal in my mind. There is no deal until consideration is given by both parties (oral contracts)

It only took you a short paragraph to say what I tried saying in a halfa page! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »

It only took you a short paragraph to say what I tried saying in a halfa page! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Does that mean you still want to be a moderator?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 08:00:43 PM »

Does that mean you still want to be a moderator?

HeHe!!! What's this still chit? ::) :P :D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 08:02:09 PM »

HeHe!!! What's this still chit? ::) :P :D ;)

Hoist! 8)

You know, it's the kind that doesn't move :-\ :nixweiss: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 08:06:06 PM »

You know, it's the kind that doesn't move :-\ :nixweiss: .

BWAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!! New keyboard time again! You're rackin em up today Don!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »

BWAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!! New keyboard time again! You're rackin em up today Don!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Thankyewveramuch :2vrolijk_21:

I am soooo glad it doesn't hurt to laugh anymore!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 08:11:11 PM »

Thankyewveramuch :2vrolijk_21:

I am soooo glad it doesn't hurt to laugh anymore!

Yeah, but it's starting to hurt me now!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 08:33:53 PM »

This brings up a question I've had ever since that prostitution sting; once an agreement is made, why doesn't that cute female cop have to put out before they can charge and convict anyone?  Just doesn't seem right.

Jerry

Are we speaking from experience here Jerry???  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2008, 08:48:34 PM »

This brings up a question I've had ever since that prostitution sting; once an agreement is made, why doesn't that cute female cop have to put out before they can charge and convict anyone?  Just doesn't seem right.

Jerry
She only has to put out if she took the money! ;D
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2008, 09:12:45 PM »

Now I know what this is about, there could be a couple of solutions.

1) price was right on Zumo 550, but if you do not need XM or Bluetooth costco had a super deal on 450. It is new and really has all the important features that the 550 has

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11311263&search=ZUMO&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=ZUMO&Ntt=ZUMO&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

2) do not sell at all (as stands)

3) auction off to highest bidder giving any proceeds above original selling price to charity.

just my 2 cents
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.