Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Feuling Oil Pump Question  (Read 3309 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Feuling Oil Pump Question
« on: November 26, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »

Which Feuling oil pumps are most of you using, the Race Pump or the Super Pump? Will either work without modifications and be good for everyday use?

Also, the pumps available are for '99-'06 TC engines (except '06 Dynas). Is there an new pump for the new engines? A lot of basic engine parts seem to be different between the '99-'06 TC-88 (95,103) and '07 TC-96 (103,110) engines. Oil pump must be one of them.

Also is the Zippers bypass shim still required for these engines?

Thanks, Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Feuling Oil Pump Question
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 08:18:49 PM »

Most of us are not using the "Race" pump. You can check here - Feuling Oil Pump Corp. for when one for the 07's will become available.

Can't say whether the bypass shim is required, for me it was just added protection. It's a cheap part, and if you doing the oil pump it's easy to add this piece.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 08:23:21 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 08:34:34 PM »

Thanks dOOd. It appears that you would still use the shim unless you use their Cam Support Plate as well. Did anyone use their Cam Support Plate or is there any need to look at this? I'll try contacting them regarding the '07 engines. Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 08:41:49 PM »

I didn't use there Cam Support Plate, and don't know of any others that have. The cost vs benefit after adding the oil pump/shim was found to be not worth it.

I
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »

I didn't use there Cam Support Plate, and don't know of any others that have. The cost vs benefit after adding the oil pump/shim was found to be not worth it.

Just got through putting one in this time around.  Figured what the hell.  Found a couple of simulations that displayed cavitation in the galleys going through the stock plate that were even more prevelant when using it in conjunction with the Feuling pump.  Minor improvements in potential alignment and a couple of other things as well.

Quite frankly all very minor.  But it was going to be apart for (hopefully) the last time for a very long time.  So was just doing anything that might offer some benefit.  Likely would not have done it had it not been for scoring one on a smoking deal on eBay from a guy who bought one, never used, than had trouble spelling Fooling (sic) in his eBay listing.

The fact that the new part is red also helped......

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 10:48:09 PM »

The fact that the new part is [highlight]red[/highlight] also helped......

[smiley=shocked2.gif] Quick!  Slap some blue and black paint on that biatch before you button it back up, otherwise all your head work and new cams will be for naught. [smiley=nervous.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 10:49:55 PM »

[smiley=shocked2.gif] Quick!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 10:54:57 PM »

I

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 11:01:11 PM »

Gary, that is the first thing I noticed on my '07 - the oil pressure is definitely higher than my '06.  As best I can tell it runs about 40-42 psi hot which is 8-10 lbs higher than my '06.  What do you guys run with the Fueling pumps?

Jerry
It has been awhile since I've been on the bike (MV), but if I remember correctly it's about 30+ at idle, and when you throttle up it goes up to act like it wants to peg the needle out. I'm thinking that is in the 50/60-psi range. I know it was a noticeable difference from stock at idle when oil pressure was almost non-existent.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 11:22:07 PM »

I was studying mine a bit today while I was out for a scoot.  It runs around, I'd say, 55 - 58 while tooling down the road at a steady speed.  At an idle, with a hot motor, it dropped off to around 25-27.

At WOT, it appears to pick up another couple PSI (to just about 60), but I was watching the tach closer than the oil pressure during those bursts. [smiley=nervous.gif]  (D@MN, these 575 cams are freakin' awesome!!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif])

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 02:16:40 PM »

It appears that HD did something to the '07 oil pumps if everyone is getting higher pressure from the '07's. Is the higher pressure output of the '07's adequate, negating the need to use the Feuling Oil Pump? I'm contacting Feuling and I'll report back their comments on the '07's regarding fit and part number.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

Just spoke to Feuling. The new HD oil pump is performs about halfway between the old HD TC pump and their pump. The PN for the Feuling '07 pump is 7060. It produces about 20% more pressure volume and 30% more scavenge volume than '07 stock HD pump. You can see that this is about 1/2 of what they claim over the earlier TC pumps. You would still calirate the relief spring or use the Zippers shim if you're not using their cam plate. Their Race Pump provides the same performance as their Super Pump at much tighter tolerances for the heat generated in racing applications. It is not necessary for street use. Hoist!

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 01:04:11 PM »

THe increased oil pressure was one of the first things I noticed about the 07 vs the 06.  Idle is up where it should be on the 07- if you want to believe the gauge in the first place!- and highway speeds are consistant with the old 10 psi per 1k rpm rule.  The 06 never gets there unless it's cold.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 08:36:44 PM »

When I had my 575 cams installed I stayed with the HD pump bu the tech shimmed it so my pressure is about 45-50 psi max.  At hot idle drops to about 20 psi then jumps up immediately when you twist the wick.  No problems!
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 09:11:07 AM »

Hi pete_4854,
Who did the work on your cams?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.