Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Twin Tech for $650 Good deal?  (Read 999 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Twin Tech for $650 Good deal?
« on: December 02, 2006, 03:35:21 PM »

I've got a line on a new Daytona Twin Tech ignition for $650.  Is this a good deal?  

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Twin Tech for $650 Good deal?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 04:40:17 PM »

I've got a line on a new Daytona Twin Tech ignition for $650.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 09:46:13 PM »

Jerry,

Actually, it is the TCFI, Gen II with 2 sensors.  The retail is $850, and dollar wise, it is a good deal.  Why I'm asking is bcuz I don't see many people on this site using them. I understand the attraction of the SERT because is has the HD moniker on it and dealers may be more accepting of it than an aftermarket product.

I also see a strong lean towards Zippers products, and see a bias to the Thundermax with the new Auto Tune.

I'm just trying to convince myself which is the right direction to go.  I really like the idea of the self-tuning, so I guess its a decision between aftermarket units, Daytona or Zippers.  I have no experience with either.

I'm inclined to pull the tigger on the DTT thinking if it doesn't work out in the end, I won't get scrood too badly if wind up unloading it.

Thanks again,

Chuck

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 09:49:28 PM »

Here is the text describing the unit....

<quote>
I PUT THIS DOWN AS USED BUT IT IS ACUALLY NEW IT HAS NEVER HAD A DOWN LOAD INSTALLED ON IT BUT IT WAS GOING TO BE PUT ON A 2002 HARLEY ELECTRA GLIDE WITH A 113 CUBIC INCH MOTOR BUT WENT WITH A MIKUNI CARB INSTEAD. THIS KIT HAS THE (NEW THEY HAVE NOT BEEN USED) DUAL O2 SENSOR WEGO SETUP. SOME OF THE BAGS WHERE OPENED. YOU WILL NEED TO GET 2 BUNGS FOR THE O2 SENSORS FROM A EXHAUST SHOP IF USE THEM. MY DAD HAD WELDED ON HIS RINEHARTS THEN CHANGED HIS MIND AFTER INSTALLED THE BUNGS. TO GO WITH A MIKUNI CARB. </quote>

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.