Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: Joy to the World!!!  (Read 20757 times)

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Joy to the World!!!
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2008, 10:30:31 AM »

Thanks hacksaw! :2vrolijk_21:

HeHe! Right now, I flip a 3 sided coin! Imight have to invent a 5 sided coin though, maybe even a 6! ;) ;D ;D ;D

And Binx, all I said is that it will easily FIT 6. That doesn't mean there'll be 6, does it? ::) Wut? ??? :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

I've got my EYE ON YOU!  :smart:
wut?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2008, 10:35:54 AM »

Hey Mike, ya wanna help me convince Binx? ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2008, 10:41:11 AM »

Hey Mike, ya wanna help me convince Binx? ::) ;D ;D ;D

If you're talking to me, the answer is not only no, but He!! no.  You're on your own with this one.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2008, 10:43:42 AM »

How would such a warm hearted person say no to a tired old piece of rolling art and history that needs to be nutured?

They are hard to find, I let you know...... ;)

The coolness factor is very high, you know, hand shift?

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2008, 10:43:56 AM »

Howie,

Congrats on the new arrival, she's a beaut!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

Your a lucky guy, 6 bikes and a Binx.   ;)  :oops:

Later,
Travis

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2008, 11:01:55 AM »

Howie,

Congrats on the new arrival, she's a beaut!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

Your a lucky guy, 6 bikes and a Binx.   ;)  :oops:

Later,
Travis

Thanks Travis! And don't think I don't know how lucky I am to have such an understanding loving wife, that will enjoy having 6 bikes as much as I will!!! ::) ;D

How would such a warm hearted person say no to a tired old piece of rolling art and history that needs to be nutured?

If you're talking to me, the answer is not only no, but He!! no.  You're on your own with this one.

Not you Mike, the other Mike! I think we need a multi-Mike list like the multi-Brian list, to keep tack of the Mikes now! ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2008, 11:05:38 AM »

if he gets # 6 his hand will be needed for other activities.......
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2008, 11:07:33 AM »

:D :D You funny!

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2008, 11:34:51 AM »

You should have video'd it with a pic every tenth of a second!

Congrats!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

if he gets # 6 his hand will be needed for other activities.......

You are a very very wise man...wise beyond your years!  ::)
wut?

elvislee

« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2008, 12:50:57 PM »

Well Howie....When ya went to bed last night did ya just lay down and shut your eyes and just say thanks for how good life is? I'm sure ya did and you and Binx deserve what ya have...Congrats on finally seeing your baby home the very best to ya'll...Now....as they say...RIDE THAT BABY LIKE YA STOLE IT!!  ;D

RedFXR2

« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »

here is his secret:

???

Okay, I think this comes under the heading of "too much information". :o :o :o

elvislee

« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2008, 08:50:27 PM »

Well Howie....When ya went to bed last night did ya just lay down and shut your eyes and just say thanks for how good life is?

Blaine........geeez Blaine you are gettin kinda personal....I know, I know....bad weather has a way of......well anyway....nahhhhhhh he worked on his grip to throttle that baby as hard as he could......you just think when he turns off the computer that he goes to sleep......why do you think he runs out of throttle so much.....and he needs MORE compression........here is his secret:

???

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your curser next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo but just remember sometimes objects appear bigger than they really are..... plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your curser on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!  :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :zwtf: Damn!!!...Tim dude; what did we ever do to you?   ;D

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:52:06 PM by elvislee »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2008, 09:49:08 PM »

I agree, way TMI!!! :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27:

Don't even know what to say to these last few responses! Thanks again? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D

Back to real business, continuing to assess Joy for the perfect setup, and today's revised review!

Had her out for a few hours today. Lots of highway and curves. And I gotta say, Tim is pretty spot on with his assessment! The bars are too narrow! But they're also too short. Great for drag racing and bar hopping, but not for rocking and rolling at speed! Now the challenge is those stupid indicator lights in the risers! The bike needs straight risers and taller bars. Actually might need to look at my original combo I thought I wouldn't need on this bike. Now how to get a set of straight 4" risers and maintain the indicator lights in the riser handlebar clamp! But 4" straight risers with 8" tall Flanders #1 bars might be just the ticket. OK, I've got my work cut out for myself on this one!

But the bike as is, tracks like it's on rails! I'm still surprised at how responsive this stock suspension is. But not enough travel. Bike is very stiff over bumps, but that doesn't necessarily mean I've got bitubos back there either. I think I'll be persuing the taller AK-20 and bitubo combo, and raising the suspension at least 1"!

Had the bike over 100 for the first time today. Surprisingly stable and felt good. Not sure I agree with Tim on the gearing. It's geared for highway. But in the stock engine configuration, it can't get out of it's own way below 3 grand! But above 3 grand, this cam ain't too bad. You feel it kick in over 3 grand and it pulls decent to redline! The motor's still tight at higher RPM's, which tells me the PO never pushed this bike at all. It'll be up to me to start stretching it out, which is perfectly fine with me! Cruising at 80 is 3500 RPM, and not 4 grand like earlier Evo 5-speeds. Might be good for gas mileage, which ya'll know how much I care about that! Don't think I'll mess with the gearing though until after the engine mods are done and see how she responds to a more powerful engine first! Cybil's my trip bike, so gearing for the road isn't my priority. Getting her to be quicker is my goal, not necessarily faster!

But the bike is solid! It rides like a new bike. And like all the Evo's, it makes the TC, as some of us have maintained, sound like a pile of junk. Nothing but a smooth sounding engine with these Evo's! Them TC's are junk compared to the Evo! But such is the way of the world. We've made so much progress over the last 100 years, I guess it's time for corporate manufacturing to reverse that trend in the name of profit! I think HD certainly went backwards with the TC replacement of the Evo! Now I have 4 Evo's and 1 TC. Can't see myself ever getting another TC since Cybil will hopefully be with me forever! But the Evos don't give you a damn thing to complain about, Smooth and reliable, just a little small though. And I won't build it radical, so I'll get it up to about 80-85 HP, keep CR under 10:1, and she'll hold together as well as a stocker, without having to whack it all the time like I do now!

All in all, this bike is everything I expected it to be and then some. I'm extremely happy with the way she rides, and not many bikes look better in stock form. Another HD created just for Hoist, and now it's up to me to take it from there, and make a bike HD wished they could build!!! More updates to follow for sure!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2008, 11:46:24 PM »

ok ok ok ok ok.....feels like Joe Pesci!!!

UPDATE:It was funny for a moment....so I didn't want it to be a distraction anymore.....

BUT ALL IN GOOD FUN REALLY!!!!

:bananarock:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 11:44:13 AM by FXR2evo99 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.