Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Klock Werks 12" "Flare" Windshield  (Read 21491 times)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Re: Klock Werks 12" "Flare" Windshield
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 01:27:58 PM »

I've had the Clearview on both the '04 & the '08, can't beat them in my opinion. Call John @ Clearview Shields, he'll walk you through the measurement process. Also if you're not happy w/ it, you can exchange it. (1-800-798-6089)

I agree with Bungy, and 2lane, the 12" Clearview with the recurve was the best for my 03 Road Glide, and now the 9" Recurve for my 04 SEEG is excellent.

geezerglide

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 02:35:37 PM »

I've had the Clearview on both the '04 & the '08, can't beat them in my opinion. Call John @ Clearview Shields, he'll walk you through the measurement process. Also if you're not happy w/ it, you can exchange it. (1-800-798-6089)

I'm 6-3 The Stock Height is a little short and the BSR will get beat up, the Medium Is right in my eyes so>>>>I'm going to a tall or extra tall, I have a Streetglide " Sundowner " Seat on mine, Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »

I tried the 12in  I think they are a flimsy over hyped ineffective good looking unit, at 60mph it felt like someone was beating the side of my helmet with a plastic ball bat, at idle the lip flopped around a good bit they are not sturdy. I sold the KW and got a tall Clearview recurve which for me works much better

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 07:28:30 AM »

Ugh, there has got to be a better solution. IMO, the RG looks awful with a tall shield on it. I don't want my ultra cool SERG to look like a Gold Wing with the shield on it. But I can say that the alternative is just as bad. The wind noise is unbearable from the stock shield - you can't hear the radio or the motor, even at speeds as low as 40 mph. It's a poor fairing design, I guess - I had about the same wind/noise when I rode my Road King with no windshield.

I don't want this to come across as whiny, because I LOVE my bike (picked it up Friday night). I just want a solution that maintains the bike's lines and good looks, but also provides some protection. I wonder if ear plugs will cut the wind noise but still let you hear the stereo...Maybe this explains why all my friends with RG put 200 watt stereos in them (lol).

Brad

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »

Ugh, there has got to be a better solution. IMO, the RG looks awful with a tall shield on it. I don't want my ultra cool SERG to look like a Gold Wing with the shield on it. But I can say that the alternative is just as bad. The wind noise is unbearable from the stock shield - you can't hear the radio or the motor, even at speeds as low as 40 mph. It's a poor fairing design, I guess - I had about the same wind/noise when I rode my Road King with no windshield.

I don't want this to come across as whiny, because I LOVE my bike (picked it up Friday night). I just want a solution that maintains the bike's lines and good looks, but also provides some protection. I wonder if ear plugs will cut the wind noise but still let you hear the stereo...Maybe this explains why all my friends with RG put 200 watt stereos in them (lol).

Brad

Brad, check out the Clearview shields.  Mine is below my line of sight but there no buffeting, wind noise isn't a problem and not even a bug on the helmet. 

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2008, 03:05:02 PM »

Brad, check out the Clearview shields.  Mine is below my line of sight but there no buffeting, wind noise isn't a problem and not even a bug on the helmet. 

Heads up on these shields. The OLD Style stand more "straight up" than the new style Clearview,  It's more laid back and shield is closer to rider. I have the stock height on my '09 too short, BSR got beat up , I ordered the Medium, right in my line of sight. So. I'm going to either get 1/2 " cut off the med and see if that takes care of it or go to the tall shield and look thru it which I,m not wild about. I think the old style pokes a bigger hole in the wind because G.F. and I took the ole' Triple red out sunday and she wasn't getting banged around a bit. The 2000 also has the 14" but it sits up more straight, guess I could use the old style but the cool factor is less, Oh what the hell I'll cut the med 1/2" and If I don't like it...NEXT....Greg       
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:27:32 PM by Texas 103 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008, 03:08:15 PM »

Heads up on these shields. The OLD Style stand more "straight up" than the new style Clearview,  It's more laid back and shield is closer to rider. I have the stock height on my '09 too short, BSR got beat up , I ordered the Medium, right in my line of sight. So. I'm going to either get 1/2 " cut off the med and see if that takes care of it or go to the tall shield and look thru it which I,m not wild about. I think the old style pokes a bigger hole in the wind because G.F. and I took the ole' Triple red out sunday and she wasn't getting banged around a bit. The 2000 also has the 14" but it sits up more straight, guess I could use the old style but the cool factor is less, Oh what the hell I'll the med cut and If I don't like it...NEXT....Greg       

Man, nothing is ever easy :huepfenlol2: .  Ok, to further the comparison shopping from current inventory.

I'm 5'10".  With the stock seat a 12" Clearview was great.  With the Corbin seat it was too short and a 14" Clearview is great.  I'm looking over the top just where I should be.

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 08:34:15 AM »

Anybody have a pic of the newer style clearview on the new SERG, so far I'm with Brad on this I think the RG with a tall windshield makes that shark nose look twice as big as it really is.  My Boss and good friend came down to ride my serg for the day ( the only person in the world I would let ride it)
He was just blown away at how the bike handled.  He rides a Fatboy now and impressed with how nimble the bike cuts the corner.   He is 5'10 and said he the KW windsheild felt good but it took him a while to get use to the windnoise around his ears.  I'm still mixed about it the KW looks good but wish I had a cooler, better, alternative.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 09:55:24 AM »

Anybody have a pic of the newer style clearview on the new SERG, so far I'm with Brad on this I think the RG with a tall windshield makes that shark nose look twice as big as it really is.  My Boss and good friend came down to ride my serg for the day ( the only person in the world I would let ride it)
He was just blown away at how the bike handled.  He rides a Fatboy now and impressed with how nimble the bike cuts the corner.   He is 5'10 and said he the KW windsheild felt good but it took him a while to get use to the windnoise around his ears.  I'm still mixed about it the KW looks good but wish I had a cooler, better, alternative.

Give me a few days, I'm cleaning up the Triple Red to sell and I'll take a pic of both  side by side>>>Greg

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »

I see Kuryakan is coming out with a touring windshield for the RG.   Anyone tried it or is it just a Klock Werks renamed???

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 04:40:35 PM »

It may be a KW but the pic I saw, the top is squared more than the KW which is rounded.  We will have to see when they are released.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

MikeD

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »

I see Kuryakan is coming out with a touring windshield for the RG.   Anyone tried it or is it just a Klock Werks renamed???

I read the description on it and it said something to the effect that the rider/passenger will still feel wind and will not deflect the wind from both.  It look good, but so didn't the stock.  I want something that looks good and takes care of the wind.  I'm still waiting on my 12" KW, and my pipes that Brian Klock said that he was shipping me to try out.  I have to remind him at Biketoberfest if he is there and take the 12" of the WFB!!!

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 09:19:42 PM »

I read the description on it and it said something to the effect that the rider/passenger will still feel wind and will not deflect the wind from both.  It look good, but so didn't the stock.  I want something that looks good and takes care of the wind.  I'm still waiting on my 12" KW, and my pipes that Brian Klock said that he was shipping me to try out.  I have to remind him at Biketoberfest if he is there and take the 12" of the WFB!!!

Please let us know what you find out...  This is a big issue for the SERG gang.

Best regards :worthless:

MikeD

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 06:53:56 AM »

Please let us know what you find out...  This is a big issue for the SERG gang.

Best regards :worthless:

Yes sir,  I will post pics when I get everything in. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.