Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 [All]

Author Topic: Sta Bo bushings  (Read 58613 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Sta Bo bushings
« on: February 07, 2007, 08:33:02 PM »

Has anyone used the Sta Bo swingarm bushings? If so, how do you like them?

Along those same lines I remember a thread on front motor mounts. It had something to do with the newer mounts were better than the older mounts, or close. What is the better front bushing to use?
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Sta Bo bushings
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 08:51:57 PM »

Has anyone used the Sta Bo swingarm bushings? If so, how do you like them?

Along those same lines I remember a thread on front motor mounts. It had something to do with the newer mounts were better than the older mounts, or close. What is the better front bushing to use?

No experience with the swingarm bushings you mention.  There were many complaints about the new motor mounts though. 

The "old" motor mounts have occasionally broken.  Several have had this happen.  Some repetitively.  I broke a front one once.  It happened before the new "A" revision came out.

The revised front motor mount was complained about by many for being too stiff/hard.  It apparently transmitted a LOT of vibration back through the bike.

Seem to remember reading of a revision to the revision also.  A "B" part number.  Don't remember any great lot of discussion about that part though.  In the context of "no news is good news" perhaps that means it solved the problems.

There is at least one very good aftermarket alternative though.  Check out "Velva" motor mounts.  They offer stabilizers too if you want to change it all.  For many years they have  been perceived as about the best option out there.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »

Are the "Velva" motor mounts replacement mounts or an add on like the stabilizer kits out there?

I'm after upgraded mounts for the motor and swing arm.

EDIT: found the Velva ride front motor mount.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 09:00:07 PM by Puzzled »
2023 CVO Road Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 09:00:58 PM »

Are the "Velva" motor mounts replacement mounts or an add on like the stabilizer kits out there?

I'm after upgraded mounts for the motor and swing arm.

The Velva mounts are a replacement for the original mounts and stabilizer arms.  Not an add-on to the OE system but an improving bolt-in direct replacement for it.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 09:07:07 PM »

That is what I'm going to use for my front mount. :2vrolijk_21:

Just need a discount source for the Sta Bo rear bushings. ::)
2023 CVO Road Glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:18:15 PM »

I use the Velva mounts and stabilizer on my Pro Street, which is like the FXR, which is like the FLH/FLT. They are fantastic! I'll be replacing the stock ones on the SERK with them by 20k miles probably. Much better quality than the stock crap. That's been my experience anyway. ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »

Don, I seem to remember an issue about interference with the oil cooler on the SEEGs/SEUCs.  Did you have any issues with your installation?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 09:23:13 PM »

That is what I'm going to use for my front mount. :2vrolijk_21:

Just need a discount source for the Sta Bo rear bushings. ::)

When looking at the Velva mounts at least take a look at their stabilizer links too.  I always thought they were more of an improvement over stock than was the front mount.  The front link will be in your way anyway when doing the front mount.  Upper one means moving the gas tank.  But even that's a simple enough chore if one were so inclinded.

The sta-bo bushings you mentioned were new information to me.  Did not find any quickly digestable bits of good info on them but there are some threads on chat boards discussing them if one wanted to wade through.  There is very limited information at the mftr's website but, for what little it is, that can be seen here:  http://sta-bo.com

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 09:34:28 PM »

I'm finishing up a wide tire kit on a Ultra Bagger and after having the swing arm off of the bike I realized there isn't much holding all of this in place thus the Sta Bo thought.  ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »

I'm finishing up a wide tire kit on a Ultra Bagger and after having the swing arm off of the bike I realized there isn't much holding all of this in place thus the Sta Bo thought.  ;)

Anything that's as easy to change as swingarm bushines and also tightens up the ass end of these things will certainly catch my interest too.  Will do the appropriate homework on these things.  Then if they're all they seem to be cracked up to be will have a set waiting for when the next back tire gets changed.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 10:34:31 PM »

A good thread to read on the Sta Bo. I guess I'll inquire about dealer pricing tomorrow. http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74006
2023 CVO Road Glide

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 01:20:59 PM »

A good thread to read on the Sta Bo. I guess I'll inquire about dealer pricing tomorrow. http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74006

Interesting...and seems to address the problem where it occurs rather than an add-on device.  Having not had the rear end of the bike apart, how difficult would these be to install, if you already had the rear wheels off anyway?  Seems like a simple solution, and inexpensive as well.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 02:39:31 PM »

Interesting...and seems to address the problem where it occurs rather than an add-on device.  Having not had the rear end of the bike apart, how difficult would these be to install, if you already had the rear wheels off anyway?  Seems like a simple solution, and inexpensive as well.

I really didn't get that much effective or informing information out of that thread Terry.  Was mostly people discussing the various options to include True Track and Ride Str8.  Three or four actually put on the part but it seemed all but one of them was commited to the idea that it would be a good idea and have a positive benefit even before they put the parts on.  All in all an interesting thread.  I'm just not sure we really learned anything from it.  It had a pleasant aroma; but there wasn't a lot of meat there.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 03:07:43 PM »

I really didn't get that much effective or informing information out of that thread Terry.  Was mostly people discussing the various options to include True Track and Ride Str8.  Three or four actually put on the part but it seemed all but one of them was commited to the idea that it would be a good idea and have a positive benefit even before they put the parts on.  All in all an interesting thread.  I'm just not sure we really learned anything from it.  It had a pleasant aroma; but there wasn't a lot of meat there.

Yea, Don...I've read a bunch of stuff on different forums about both the ridestr8, true-track, etc, and a lot of it is inconsistant, as was the thread on this product.  No doubt, it is sound engineering (the add-on products), and a well made product...and it certainly would not hurt a thing in the world to add it.

Honestly, I think the POS shocks that come on the bikes cause more issues than anything...but that's just my opinion.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 03:12:53 PM »

Yea, Don...I've read a bunch of stuff on different forums about both the ridestr8, true-track, etc, and a lot of it is inconsistant, as was the thread on this product.  No doubt, it is sound engineering (the add-on products), and a well made product...and it certainly would not hurt a thing in the world to add it.

Honestly, I think the POS shocks that come on the bikes cause more issues than anything...but that's just my opinion.

Too true.  Going to the Progressive and dumping the Showas was a night and day difference on the red bike way back when.  It was terribly surprising how much of an improvement could be had so quickly and easily and, conversely, how much of a handicapping compromise you suddenly realized Harley was willing to send us out the door with.

My biggest (initial and as yet uninformed) concern about the Sta-bo parts was the nearly universal reports of considerably more powertrain and road vibration transmitted back through the frame to the rider and the bike's systems.  Granted, they all said it seemed to abate over 1500 miles or so.  But in that much time you're rear end would be well in getting used to it too.  I don't want all the bike's systems and connections (and me) shaking a lot more than normal.  It's just something that needs some more homework before I'd proceed to installation.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »

Too true.  Going to the Progressive and dumping the Showas was a night and day difference on the red bike way back when.  It was terribly surprising how much of an improvement could be had so quickly and easily and, conversely, how much of a handicapping compromise you suddenly realized Harley was willing to send us out the door with.

My biggest (initial and as yet uninformed) concern about the Sta-bo parts was the nearly universal reports of considerably more powertrain and road vibration transmitted back through the frame to the rider and the bike's systems.  Granted, they all said it seemed to abate over 1500 miles or so.  But in that much time you're rear end would be well in getting used to it too.  I don't want all the bike's systems and connections (and me) shaking a lot more than normal.  It's just something that needs some more homework before I'd proceed to installation.

Agreed...I did not like what they were saying about the addtional vibration, and wonder if it's "just got used to it" or if it actually dissipates over time because of wear.

Here's what I think...If you have crappy shocks on the rear end of a bike that already has questionable rigidity in the geometry, and you put the bike in difficult (for that set-up) situations so that the function of the shocks ability to help hold the geometry comes into question, and they allow the swingarm to twist in the bushings...more importantly, if they allow it to be in a constant state of flexing without dampening of that effect...then you've got the tail wagging the dog a bit more than it should.  Those of us who have changed out the rear shocks to a better product, whatever that may be, know that the stock shocks leave much to be desired in all kinds of ways, and I personally think this is just another example.  The front forks don't help the situation either, as you then have two things not working together...

TTS Mastertune

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 04:33:32 PM »

Sorry Don, I just couldn't resist...

I thought that you were "done" modifying the cherry?  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss: :huepfenjump3:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 04:41:58 PM »

Sorry Don, I just couldn't resist...

I thought that you were "done" modifying the cherry?  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss: :huepfenjump3:

Like that's ever really going to happen.  However......  swingarm bushing are a service item; not a modification  :bananarock: .

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »

I spoke to Kevin at Sta Bo today and he addressed the many question that I had.

First being the vibration. Like he said the product isn't creating any vibration. It is what the bike already has. With the denser bushings in some of this is transmitted to the bike frame. He went on to say that if you a person who can notice a two pound air pressure change in your tires than you'll notice the additional vibration. If your one of those who can't tell you may never know the difference in vibration with the Sta Bo's installed. He finished up with it takes some time for the harder bushings to "seat" themselves. It wasn't a matter of getting use to it as mentioned above.

We also discussed using a softer compound for these bushings. The concern with that is that they will wear faster and not offer as much support. As with anything you have to give up something to get something.

We also talked about the various bolt on devices that do similar duty. There are a few more out there than the common two that always come up. Out of the four he mentioned three use a transmission pan bolt for securing the bracket.

I brought up the Velva ride front bushing and he gave me a tip on installing one. He said remove .04 to .05 off of the center sleeve and it will perform a lot better. Apparently the center sleeve is just a tad long and doesn't allow the assembly to tighten against the bushing. He recommended a company by the name of D&S for the front mount.

The man does like to talk and certainly knows his stuff. Apparently he was a pro bike rider for X amount of years. He is aware of the knockoffs of his product and similar products claiming to do the same thing. He never had a bad word to say about anything, he would just present his perspective on said part.

With that said some of you may remember I was chasing a squeak/squeal last year. Well I STILL haven't found it. Kevin walked me through a few things and offered up some suggestions. I will wait until I can try them before replacing the bushings as I'd like to do one thing at a time so I know what it is/was. Although I will be replacing the bushings and motor mounts to tighten the bike back up.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 06:43:52 PM »

Don, I seem to remember an issue about interference with the oil cooler on the SEEGs/SEUCs.  Did you have any issues with your installation?

I have the velva ride front motor mount insulator also, and you have to grind about 1/8" off the inside of the flat metal mount that the oil cooler bolts to..  I like the mount a lot better than stock, and is a lot easier to change if you ever need to as it is a 2 piece design and just slides in and out.  The bolt goes thru the metal with a sleeve and nut and not like the original 1 piece with immovable studs on both sides.  The only thing i didn't like on the install was:
When you tighten the nut down against the bottom washer, you can still lightly rotate the lower rubber mount.  It does not cause a problem in shaking or anything.  I got a fibre washer that was the same size as the sleeve and tighten the nut against that and the rubber was then snug.  I rode it about 100 miles the other way and the engine idled the same.  Mirrors hardly shake with the velva mount.  (and I took out the old original old style mount with no damage, just wanted something better, and the velva is)..  I don't have their stabilizers.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 07:10:47 PM »

(snip)
The only thing i didn't like on the install was: When you tighten the nut down against the bottom washer, you can still lightly rotate the lower rubber mount. 
That was what Kevin from Sta Bo was talking about. Your post confirmed what he was telling me and that I was understanding it correctly. :2vrolijk_21:

I ordered a set of Sta Bo 1's and they will ship tomorrow. I'll order the Velva ride tomorrow and with a little luck I'll get all of this in for Daytona. ;D
2023 CVO Road Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 08:00:11 PM »

Yes Brian, just a little bit.  Need to take about this  > <  much off.  With everything else removed to change the mount you've already gained access to where you need to work though.  So it's only a couple of minutes time with a portable grinder and a quick squirt with some black paint for touch up.  Not a big deal at all.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »

Here's what I think...If you have crappy shocks on the rear end .......  The front forks don't help the situation either, as you then have two things not working together...

That is what I'm really looking forward to finding out next.  One of my pre-spring tasks for awhile has been a change of the front fork oil.  Either with that Traxxion Dynamics setup or with just a rebuild using a good set of springs and emulators I'll be upgrading the nose when the oil gets changed. 

That will be the first time both the front and the back will have been in some significantly improved state.  Curious to see what it feels like as I know the rear end was very noticably the weak link on that Road King after it got the Traxxion Dynamics stuff installed.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 08:44:26 PM »

I don't have their stabilizers.

Bob, if you're ever just feeling unnecessarily energetic some weekend and are looking for a reason to pull the tank off you might keep their stabilizers in the back of your mind.  How they do what they do is obvious to you already if you've looked at the Velva stuff.  But they do it to good effect too.  Really is a pretty good part to consider if you're going to have the tank off sometime (the other one, of course, is easy to get to anytime).

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 10:07:44 PM »

Anyone have any more information on this company, D&S???
Steve

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 10:15:51 PM »

I don't but I could give Kevin at Sta Bo a call and get a number or web address.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 10:30:36 PM »

If anyone is interested I can offer these bushings at the following prices.

Sta Bo 1 for $179.58 shipped, $204.07 retail, 1986-2001 FLHT, FLHR & FXR
Sta Bo 2 for $89.78 shipped, $102.03 retail, 2002-Present FLHT, & FLHR
2023 CVO Road Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 02:55:26 AM »

If anyone is interested I can offer these bushings at the following prices.

Sta Bo 1 for $179.58 shipped, $204.07 retail, 1986-2001 FLHT, FLHR & FXR
Sta Bo 2 for $89.78 shipped, $102.03 retail, 2002-Present FLHT, & FLHR

Will this be in regular availability or is it a short term deal?

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 07:27:34 AM »

Will this be in regular availability or is it a short term deal?

We'll take that as it comes. For now I'll leave it in place for a month or so. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

SERK03

• Bigger is better
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 05:33:11 AM »

I ran a set of Sta Bo Bushings for about 1000 miles in my 03 SERK.  They make the bike handle great but they do increase vibration.  Yes, the vibration is already there like Kevin says, but you don't feel it until you install them.  I have a friend that loves them and they didn't cause any increase in vibration on his bike.  I took mine out at 1000 miles and will sell them to the first guy that wants them for $35.00 plus shipping.  Email me at cbowman@vabb.com if you are interested.  They sell for $112.00 new and these are in like new condition except for installation marks on them.

SERK03

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »

Serk03 when you installed yours did you loosen the motor mounts as per the instructions? (may not apply to the 03 bikes) After reading them it makes sense but sure adds to the amount of work. I'd be curious if this step gets overlooked or just plain bypassed and that is why some get the vibration and some don't.

There are a handful of guys on one of the other forums I frequent and I proposed the above question to them. One was dealer installed and the other three have yet to reply. Had I not read the directions I would have just installed the new bushings and moved on. :o ;D
2023 CVO Road Glide

SERK03

• Bigger is better
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 08:57:12 PM »

I did not loosen the motor mounts, but nothing in the instructions suggested that I do that.  Maybe that is a recent addition to the instructions based upon vibration complaints.   I talked to the maker about it and he kept saying to keep on riding it and it would limber up.  After 1000 miles, I got tired of the shaking.  I think my hopped up motor made it worse.  They do make the bike handle must better though.

SERK03

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 09:04:19 PM »

I was just curious as it seems like a lot of work to install a set of bushings.  ;)

I'll try them as I'm use to a rigid with a 124" so this can't be nearly as bad. ;D :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »

I ran a set of Sta Bo Bushings for about 1000 miles in my 03 SERK.  They make the bike handle great but they do increase vibration.  Yes, the vibration is already there like Kevin says, but you don't feel it until you install them.  I have a friend that loves them and they didn't cause any increase in vibration on his bike.  I took mine out at 1000 miles and will sell them to the first guy that wants them for $35.00 plus shipping.  Email me at cbowman@vabb.com if you are interested.  They sell for $112.00 new and these are in like new condition except for installation marks on them.

SERK03

Finally installed these this past weekend Charles.  Got the bike out for a couple hours this afternoon.  Fortunately the red bike seems to have picked up none of the vibration that may be a potential issue for some.  You do feel a difference in how "stiffened up" (for lack of a better way to describe it) the rear end feels.  The first thing noticed was actually while weaving through traffic in moderately close quarters.  Completing a turn or a (perhaps slightly too quick) lane change you notice the rear end pulling the bike upright more quickly during throttle application as you drive out of the turn or maneuver.  Thanks again for the bargain price.  Was a great opportunity to try these out on the cheap.  Seems to be worth every penny so far.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »

I'll write up my product review tomorrow when I get back from my ride. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 09:08:52 PM »

I installed the Sta-Bo bushings in my bike a few days ago and was able to throughly test the bike today.

First I'll address the vibration that has been mentioned. I did not have any vibration in the bike in the form of buzzing your butt or hands. I did feel some in my feet but I also had a new pair of boots on so for all I know that was the way it always was. I did not loosen the mounts as recommended simply because I was chasing a noise and needed to do only one thing at a time. I also have a new front mount so when I install that I'll loosen the motor and set it up as described in the Sta-Bo information.

OK now onto the feel of the bike. I had no prior issues with my bike handling wise. Maybe I was just so use to it and was able to compensate....Because this bike handles unbelievably well now. The response is incredible. The bike compares to the handling of my sport bike, just heavier. :2vrolijk_21:

This will become a must do mod on any bike I own or work on. I can only imagine what a ride Str8 would add.
2023 CVO Road Glide

hogasm

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 05:20:08 PM »

Puzzled, did you take any pics of the install of the bushings? Is it a simple install or does the swingarm need to be removed?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 08:40:45 PM »

Puzzled, did you take any pics of the install of the bushings? Is it a simple install or does the swingarm need to be removed?

Brian, on 01 and earlier bikes it's a bit more of a chore.  On ours is 10 minutes per side.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 09:18:55 PM »

Yeah what he said! :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 09:24:07 PM »

Looking forward to getting mine in tomorrow.  I hope they are in, they have been tough to get.

hogasm

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2007, 06:59:55 AM »

Looking forward to getting mine in tomorrow.  I hope they are in, they have been tough to get.

Where did you buy them from?

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

2023 CVO Road Glide

hogasm

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 08:38:29 AM »

Where did you buy them from?

Sorry I missed this yesterday, I got mine through the local HD shop, they give me a discount and treat me right on scheduling etc.

If they don't have them this AM though I'm checking with Puzzled, I really want to get this all done at once along with the Traxxion forks, 440's and True Track.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 03:38:08 PM »

Brian, on 01 and earlier bikes it's a bit more of a chore.  On ours is 10 minutes per side.

Regarding the Stabo install, do you remove 2 bolts on each side that hold the passenger footboards on?  If you have to take out both bolts, on the RH side the bottom bolt would hit the pipe it looks like.

Do the Stabo bushings replace the existing HD bushings or slide over them?

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2007, 04:46:40 PM »

Both bolts have to come out in order to remove the pivot block. Now on that note the right side lower bolt can be backed out as far as it will go with the top bolt removed....it is possible to weasel the new bushing in there.

The bushings for the 02 and up bikes is just an add on. They go inside of the OEM bushings and keep it from being able to sag and move.

The pre 02 bikes also get replacement bushings for the swing arm. These bikes have bushings as opposed to the bearing like setup in the newer bikes.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2007, 07:00:46 PM »

Both bolts have to come out in order to remove the pivot block. Now on that note the right side lower bolt can be backed out as far as it will go with the top bolt removed....it is possible to weasel the new bushing in there.

The bushings for the 02 and up bikes is just an add on. They go inside of the OEM bushings and keep it from being able to sag and move.

The pre 02 bikes also get replacement bushings for the swing arm. These bikes have bushings as opposed to the bearing like setup in the newer bikes.

They add bushings to the existing HD bushings? I'm a little confused here. Do you have a pic? If this is a simple add on, please let me know. I wasn't dropping my swingarm on a new bike, but if it's a simple add-on, I'd like a set. Do I order them from you? Please PM me with the deatails so I can get in on this. I must have missed the boat on this one completely. See, no matter how much you read and post, you can't catch everything on this great site! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2007, 07:04:14 PM »

They add bushings to the existing HD bushings? I'm a little confused here. Do you have a pic? If this is a simple add on, please let me know. I wasn't dropping my swingarm on a new bike, but if it's a simple add-on, I'd like a set. Do I order them from you? Please PM me with the deatails so I can get in on this. I must have missed the boat on this one completely. See, no matter how much you read and post, you can't catch everything on this great site! ;) Hoist! 8)

Howie, noticed that Puzzled isn't on right now.  I've installed these a couple times now.  Unless something changed for 07 it's easy.  Pop the side bushing cover off.  Orient and tap in the new piece.  Put the side bushing cover back on.  Assuming your right cover comes off without having to dink with the exhaust it's maybe 10 minutes per side.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2007, 07:09:14 PM »

Howie, noticed that Puzzled isn't on right now.  I've installed these a couple times now.  Unless something changed for 07 it's easy.  Pop the side bushing cover off.  Orient and tap in the new piece.  Put the side bushing cover back on.  Assuming your right cover comes off without having to dink with the exhaust it's maybe 10 minutes per side.

Thanks Don. How do you like them. This sounds like a simple worthwhile add-on then. There should be no reason not to do this. Does Puzzled have a connection for these? Can any shop get them? My friend should have access to them if that's the case. Do we have a special deal on them. I think he said around $80-$90.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2007, 07:10:39 PM »

Here they are

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 07:11:36 PM »

Hoist Twolanerider is right on.

Sta Bo 2 for $89.78, $102.03 retail, 2002-Present FLHT, & FLHR

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12926.0
2023 CVO Road Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2007, 07:14:50 PM »

Thanks Don. How do you like them. This sounds like a simple worthwhile add-on then. There should be no reason not to do this. Does Puzzled have a connection for these? Can any shop get them? My friend should have access to them if that's the case. Do we have a special deal on them. I think he said around $80-$90.

Howie, the Puzzle-price is a fair bit cheaper than I've seen them advertised elsewhere.  Quite frankly I wasn't going to do them as my first impression was that what little gain they might offer wasn't really cost effective.  I just didn't expect to notice a lot from them.

Then someone here had a set they'd not used.  I got them for less then $40.00 including postage.  So for that gave them a shot.

I've gotten used to them now of course.  But I was surprised.  It's not an Everest sized difference like the Traxxion Dynamics parts make to the front end.  But it's a real and noticable difference nonetheless.

Bike is a bit stiffer (side to side) in the rear.  Rear wheel tracks straight more rather than following road irregularities.  Also noticed that in the curves a bit the bike pulls upright under acceleration more quickly and more responsively.  Especially for such an easy thing to do in the end it proved to be worth doing.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2007, 07:21:17 PM »

I thought for Hoist's 07 SERK that a different rear swing arm set up was one of the improvements in his CVO bike from the MOCO with the different tires??? I could be wrong as usual but that's what I thougth I read at one time.

Anyway, thanks for the swing arm bushing install instructions as there are none on Sta-bos website.

The 07 SERK has a "complimentary color keyed wide swingarm" per the MOCO site.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:28:41 PM by Boatman »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2007, 07:24:13 PM »

Then someone here had a set they'd not used.  I got them for less then $40.00 including postage.  So for that gave them a shot.

Don, you know what you said about me and telling little fibs.  Not that you would and I know you got them for the $40.00, you just needn't keep rubbing salt in the open wounds out here.  We all know we missed out and per usual you scored.

But it does cause someone like Howie or me to go running all over the internet looking for the WWII surplus Jeep for 5 Bucks...............if you get my drift. ::)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »

Howie, the Puzzle-price is a fair bit cheaper than I've seen them advertised elsewhere.  Quite frankly I wasn't going to do them as my first impression was that what little gain they might offer wasn't really cost effective.  I just didn't expect to notice a lot from them.

I've gotten used to them now of course.  But I was surprised.  It's not an Everest sized difference like the Traxxion Dynamics parts make to the front end.  But it's a real and noticable difference nonetheless.

Bike is a bit stiffer (side to side) in the rear.  Rear wheel tracks straight more rather than following road irregularities.  Also noticed that in the curves a bit the bike pulls upright under acceleration more quickly and more responsively.  Especially for such an easy thing to do in the end it proved to be worth doing.

Since I have the TrueTrack on, should I bother with them? Will it make it even better? I have the Urethane Bushings in the Handlebars, I'll have the Traxxion front end and hopefully, the Bitubo Shocks. These things should help make everything even stabler. what do you think? Hoist! 8)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »

Since I have the TrueTrack on, should I bother with them? Will it make it even better? I have the Urethane Bushings in the Handlebars, I'll have the Traxxion front end and hopefully, the Bitubo Shocks. These things should help make everything even stabler. what do you think? Hoist! 8)

Howie, I'm doing them this week with my Traxxion fork rebuild and 440's on the back.  As simple a mod as this is how can you go wrong?  Rog

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2007, 08:23:33 PM »

Howie, I'm doing them this week with my Traxxion fork rebuild and 440's on the back.  As simple a mod as this is how can you go wrong?  Rog

That's what I was thinking Rog. A simple improvement, not too expensive. There should be no reason not to! Hey Puzzled, send me a PM with the info on ordering these things. Thanks!

How's the bike doing Rog? Is it finished? I didn't miss your review, did I? That thing should ride really sweet! Good luck with everything! Enjoy.

Hoist! 8)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2007, 08:28:02 PM »

That's what I was thinking Rog. A simple improvement, not too expensive. There should be no reason not to! Hey Puzzled, send me a PM with the info on ordering these things. Thanks!

How's the bike doing Rog? Is it finished? I didn't miss your review, did I? That thing should ride really sweet! Good luck with everything! Enjoy.

Hoist! 8)

Actually I'm waiting for the shipment from True Track and then we're set, the shocks, forks, lower doors, Street Glide fender light, et al. are ready to go so I hope to have it done by Friday if the postman/UPS gets the final parts here.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »

Since I have the TrueTrack on, should I bother with them?

Howie, I already had the Ride Str8 (I think that's the one I've got) on when my Sta-Bo bushings got installed.  So the description offered was of the difference that was felt with the hardware stabilizer already having been on the bike for a long time.

hogasm

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2007, 06:49:36 AM »

Howie, do some homework. The swingarm is different for the 07's.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2007, 06:57:06 AM »

Howie, do some homework. The swingarm is different for the 07's.
Does the swing arm mount the same as prior years? Rubber bushing with a pivot bolt through it coupled with a pivot block bolted to the frame.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2007, 07:13:16 AM »

Does the swing arm mount the same as prior years? Rubber bushing with a pivot bolt through it coupled with a pivot block bolted to the frame.

No, that's what I was referring to in my description. The parts bokk shows a bunch of spacers and bearings. It doesn't look like the usual set up with the rubber bushings. Can you talk to these folks about the '07 SERK? Hoist! 8)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2007, 07:17:19 AM »

I'll definitely check later when they start answering the phone.

I may venture over to the HD dealer today to look at a new bike and a parts catalog. ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2007, 09:54:33 AM »

I'll definitely check later when they start answering the phone.

I may venture over to the HD dealer today to look at a new bike and a parts catalog. ;)

Thanks a lot. Maybe the design changes result in a stiffer setup and won't require these additional bushings, or wouldn't be applicable at. Finding more and more changes on these '07's every day. Hoist! 8)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2007, 06:04:50 PM »

There were changes to the 07 swingarm but not to the way it mounts on the motorcycle. Same design since early 80's. So the Sta-Bo II's fit the 07's.
2023 CVO Road Glide

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2007, 06:16:22 PM »

There were changes to the 07 swingarm but not to the way it mounts on the motorcycle. Same design since early 80's. So the Sta-Bo II's fit the 07's.

Go Howie, go Howie, it's your birthday...............

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »

Go Howie, go Howie, it's your birthday...............

We're almost there Rog. We need to confirm that it's the same for the '07 SERK specifically, with the wider swingarm. Then it gets ordered! Hoist! 8)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2007, 08:02:43 PM »

We're almost there Rog. We need to confirm that it's the same for the '07 SERK specifically, with the wider swingarm. Then it gets ordered! Hoist! 8)

Got to the HD shop today to find out a mis-communication of OCD proportion.  Check the attached pic, I guess if you're going to go you may as well go all the way...............True Track Tracula bushings et al.

No stinking plastic bushings for me :devil:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 08:06:51 PM by Rjob749 »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2007, 08:25:25 PM »

Look nice are those needle bearing?  Metal sounds better than plastic where did you get them from?  Part #
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2007, 08:45:53 PM »

Look nice are those needle bearing?  Metal sounds better than plastic where did you get them from?  Part #

I was fine with the Sta Bo set up this was a bit of a cluster, but it looks like it will work out.  I posted  link over here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12999.msg202172#msg202172

Not looking to hi jack Puzzled's thread

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2007, 08:50:21 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Will wait for reviews.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2007, 10:45:07 PM »

Got to the HD shop today to find out a mis-communication of OCD proportion.  Check the attached pic, I guess if you're going to go you may as well go all the way...............True Track Tracula bushings et al.

No stinking plastic bushings for me :devil:

Man, that ain't no 10 minute install.  But they weren't scored for 40 bucks either!  Holy shmokes they look sharp though.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2007, 11:02:52 PM »

Man, that ain't no 10 minute install.  But they weren't scored for 40 bucks either!  Holy shmokes they look sharp though.
Oh well, best laid plans Don, should be slick though.  Can't wait to get it on the road.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2007, 11:10:36 PM »

Oh well, best laid plans Don, should be slick though.  Can't wait to get it on the road.

If another person or two suggests an idea or three that bike won't be out of the shop until after Nelson.... :o

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2007, 11:18:04 PM »

If another person or two suggests an idea or three that bike won't be out of the shop until after Nelson.... :o
But it's so much fun. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2007, 11:21:57 PM »

But it's so much fun. :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Not sure but I think I might be more inhibited about some of the "ideas" so willingly tossed around by the brethren.  It's harder to justify another Saturday working on the bike for every good idea when it's your own Saturday getting burned up and your own knuckles getting skinned each time  :huepfenlol2: .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2007, 11:26:09 PM »

Not sure but I think I might be more inhibited about some of the "ideas" so willingly tossed around by the brethren.  It's harder to justify another Saturday working on the bike for every good idea when it's your own Saturday getting burned up and your own knuckles getting skinned each time  :huepfenlol2: .
Truth be told you know you love doing that. Remember we have seen pictures of your shop/garage. A person wouldn't put all that into an area that they didn't enjoy working in. :2vrolijk_21: Plus we know you don't give up all your Saturday's working on the bike your more likely to save doing it for rainy/cold days. Then you put on parts and let your mind drift off on the rides you are going to take with them.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2007, 11:36:06 PM »

Truth be told you know you love doing that. Remember we have seen pictures of your shop/garage. A person wouldn't put all that into an area that they didn't enjoy working in. :2vrolijk_21: Plus we know you don't give up all your Saturday's working on the bike your more likely to save doing it for rainy/cold days. Then you put on parts and let your mind drift off on the rides you are going to take with them.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Too true Gary.  Both the little garage here at the house and the shop are decent places to work.  And at the shop I can just about anything short of machine work.  It does make it easier when the playgrounds are tooled such that you're not having to fuss and futz about always looking for something or wondering if the equipment will be the shortcoming.  Even tasks that require you to get a bit "creative" like, oh...., maybe; power saddlebag locks are a lot easier and a lot less of a headache when tools and common supplies necessary are at hand.

You're also right that a lot of the time out there is relaxing, in its own way anyway.  Granted, some chores are just a pain in the butt no matter what.  But a lot of the things we do to these beasts really is discretionary.  So we're choosing to mess with them.  Nice rainy days or otherwise unoccupied weekends are good for that.  You don't have to get in any hurry.  You can be careful.  You can tinker and experiment a bit if an idea pops in.  And hours can pass with the radio in the background and the only thing that passes your lips are cold beer and the occasional under your breath bad word when something doesn't go just like you wanted it to.

hogasm

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2007, 07:01:33 AM »

Hoping my new bushings will arrive today. Bike is still on the lift so not a problem to install them.

Since installing the 18" rear and the 21" front the bike has a horrible drifting problem. Will try the bushings first then will install the Alloy Art stabilizer.

Will keep you posted

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2007, 09:04:02 AM »

Hoping my new bushings will arrive today. Bike is still on the lift so not a problem to install them.

Since installing the 18" rear and the 21" front the bike has a horrible drifting problem. Will try the bushings first then will install the Alloy Art stabilizer.

Will keep you posted

Sounds like an opportunity for the Traxxion front fork mod to me.  Hope your sta-bo's get there today.  I imagine your weather is looking good this time of year.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2007, 09:07:30 AM »

Hopefully, when the new place is done I'll have a good area to work on the bike, but for now and as long as it keeps returning to the barn for recalls I don't mind having the shop do it.  Besides, the labor rate there is so low it doesn't sting that much, plus I figure if they ever have a warranty question on something they'll ere on my side.

Although I hope I never have to find out about the latter.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2007, 11:17:26 AM »

I assume these bushings are urethane? They are much denser than rubber and this would relate to more vibration. Anything that firms up the suspension componets is going to help, but if these are just two urethane why are the over $80? I can replace all the suspension bushings in a jeep front end for just over $100 and that about six bushings, some with steel sleeve's! I might do it, but think the price is a bit high. 

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2007, 11:38:30 AM »

I assume these bushings are urethane? They are much denser than rubber and this would relate to more vibration. Anything that firms up the suspension componets is going to help, but if these are just two urethane why are the over $80? I can replace all the suspension bushings in a jeep front end for just over $100 and that about six bushings, some with steel sleeve's! I might do it, but think the price is a bit high. 
Good point. No they are not poly bushings. They are made from Delrin or a version of it. Hard plastic per-say. I agree on MC pricing. Why is it 2K for a pair of MC wheels when I can do all 6 on my Dually for that? Why is a MC 32K and a pickup cost the same? Got me! :nixweiss:

On that note CVO Harley pricing is $60 to your door.

EDIT: I misquouted the price. It is  Sta Bo 2 for $89.78, $102.03 retail, 2002-Present including 07 FLHT, & FLHR Plus $10 shipping http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12926.0

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:53:40 PM by Puzzled »
2023 CVO Road Glide

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2007, 12:10:50 PM »

Guess it's a Harley thing, if your putting it on a Harley style bike it's 50% more!!!!!   >:(

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2007, 12:25:26 PM »

Guess it's a Harley thing, if your putting it on a Harley style bike it's 50% more!!!!!   >:(

Might be just numbers, they can mass produce the Jeep or other truck ones and I imagine the run for the Harleys is much smaller.  And as you say, it is for a Harley so what the hell, look at the money a Harley owner spends on Tshirts and chrome. :huepfenlol2:

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2007, 06:01:04 PM »

Good point. No they are not poly bushings. They are made from Delrin or a version of it. Hard plastic per-say. I agree on MC pricing. Why is it 2K for a pair of MC wheels when I can do all 6 on my Dually for that? Why is a MC 32K and a pickup cost the same? Got me! :nixweiss:

On that note CVO Harley pricing is $60 to your door.

Puzzled - Are you serious about the CVO Harley pricing of $60 to your door?  That is a far cry from the price you just quoted me.  Am I missing something? :confused5:

Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2007, 06:52:11 PM »

No I messed up in my reply.

The bushings are  $89.78, plus $10 shipping.

The fork cap is $60. plus shipping
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12928.0

Sorry for the panic and confusion. :oops:
2023 CVO Road Glide

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »

No I messed up in my reply.

The bushings are  $89.78, plus $10 shipping.

The fork cap is $60. plus shipping
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12928.0

Sorry for the panic and confusion. :oops:

No panic, but thanks for the clarification.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

hogasm

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2007, 10:11:36 PM »

Got mine today. Will install them Sunday. I know, why wait till Sunday?     If this friggin breather was not such a b_tch because they dont make one for these larger cylinders, and it did not take so long to fabricate a new breather assembly, then I would do it tomorrow.

Tomorrow I ride........carefully.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »

Thats a good deal on the end caps I guess I better order it.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2007, 03:44:27 PM »

Ever buy a part for a boat that is the same part for a car?

Marine version of a fly wheel - $325
Chevy version of same fly wheel - $25

Go figure............................

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2007, 08:02:55 PM »

You got that right!  Spend $500 on the Harley you get a free picnic bag w/dishes, glasses and silverware.  Spend $500 on the boat and it doesn't even top off the tank.

Dan
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2007, 08:13:07 AM »

Thats a good deal on the end caps I guess I better order it.
I have four 1" chrome available and two 3/4" chrome available. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2007, 08:58:37 AM »

I'm sure you have heard the saying, " a boat is a big hole in the water that you throw you money into!"

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »

Yep Candy, the excuse in the marine world is "it's balanced" or "treated to prevent rust" etc. etc.  And Talon is right, it is a big Friggin' hole, but not like the bike "magnet" my Harley is. :huepfenlol2:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2007, 09:21:49 AM »

When we had our boat, we didn't throw money into that hole, we actually shovelled it in.  Last summer, we were just headin out, that-a-way, and we stopped to fill up.  A young lad next to us had pulled his boat out of the water and trailered it to the gas station to fill it up. He told us, for the third time this weekend.  Yeah!  So glad we sold the boat and now have a couple of Harleys to ride instead.  Never been sorry either.   :cherry:

The two happiest days in the a boat owner's life.  The day he bought it, and the day he sold it.  I think when we sold ours, it was actually happier than the day we bought it.   :cherry:

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2007, 09:31:08 AM »

Well back to the post, new bushings, True track, or both??? To me it looks like the bushings will take up different slop that the True Track doesn't, but the true track will keep the trans/swing arm laterally straight, so I'm thinking both.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2007, 10:21:16 AM »

A fellow on another forum said he talked to the Sta-bo people and they said they didn't recommend the True Track and their product together.    :nixweiss:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »

A fellow on another forum said he talked to the Sta-bo people and they said they didn't recommend the True Track and their product together.    :nixweiss:

Most likely as they sell an alternative to the stock bushing themselves.  Both Sta-bo and the True Track bushings are targeting the same issue, hopefully the True Track solution is better, it costs a chitload more than the Sta-bo solution.

I should find out soon, I am hoping my bike is done and it has the True Track's.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2007, 11:44:37 AM »

Most likely as they sell an alternative to the stock bushing themselves.  Both Sta-bo and the True Track bushings are targeting the same issue, hopefully the True Track solution is better, it costs a chitload more than the Sta-bo solution.

I should find out soon, I am hoping my bike is done and it has the True Track's.

Was wondering what's happening with your ride, Roger...finishing today?  Anxiously awaiting your evaluation of the various products installed.

TTS Mastertune

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »

I read that also and I called Kevin at Sta-Bo to ask about it. This is what I got from the conversation.

Where to start.... Both products are addressing the same problem. However they are going about it with different methods. True-Track and similar devices are keeping the motor/trans combo in place. A great move that the MOCO should look into. However this still allows the swing arm to move in the bushings. They are addressing the symptom not the problem. Sta-Bo is going after the swing arm with the thought that if you keep the swing arm stationary the rest will stay in place. Sta-Bo bushings are limiters more so than bushings. They prevent the swing arm/motor/trans combination from moving side to side. While doing this they also assist in the up and down movement of the combination. Addressing the problem not the symptom.

As to why not to run both products together I was told it may make the bike very rigid. Some guys have not noticed it or just didn't care. Where others state it is like riding a old bike. His suggestion was to try it and if it is to rough disconnect the True-Track or similar device and see if there is a ride or handling difference. (At this point I forgot to ask if the Sta-Bo's were returnable if there isn't a difference. I will the next time I call)

That is what I got from the phone call. I also asked how to respond to the "I spent X amount so it has to be better because it cost more". He just chuckled and said he hears that a lot.

What I can tell you is my bike handles unbelievably well with the Sta-Bo 1 in it. A noticeable difference right from the start. I have not had the chance to test the Sta-Bo 2's on a bike before and after. The Sta-Bo 1 kit comes with the bushings from the Sta-Bo 2 so I have them in my bike. I'll convince someone to let me try them out on their bike locally. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2007, 03:00:07 PM »

I had the TrueTrack on from day one. The rear is definitely more stable than all my previous FL's. The front still sucks, but the Traxxion will take care of that. I'm not convinced to get rid of the TrueTrack yet. Anyone running both? How stiff is it? I'm also planning on installing the Bitubo Shocks if they work out for our bikes. I wouldn't need it ridiculously stiff with a properly set up suspension. If it's too stiff, which one should remain? Are we convinced that stiffening the bushings are a total cure, negating the need for the external stabilizer? Which vendor do we believe? Can the Sta-bos stiffen the bushings enough to completely stop any flexing? :confused5: Hoist! 8)

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »

I don't have either yet, but from looking at them and what people have witten, the Sta Bo Bushing for the new bikes replaces or inserts into the center section of the original rubber bushing? If so it'll tighten up the bushing some in all directions. True Track looks to allow uninhibited up and down motion of the motor/trans, and swing arm, but keeps the trans and swing arm on center from side to side, and stop camber flex in the swing arm and wheel, by applying pressure on the adjustable link between the other two pieces of the True Track.

Anyone have a understanding of both, this is true or not? I'm seeing advantage to both.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 04:08:14 PM by Talon »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »

I don't have either yet, but from looking at them and what people have witten, the Sta Bo Bushing for the new bikes replaces or inserts into the center section of the original rubber bushing? If so it'll tighten up the bushing some in all directions. True Track looks to allow uninhibited up and down motion of the motor/trans, and swing arm, but keeps the trans and swing arm on center from side to side applying pressure on the adjustable link between the other two pieces of the True Track, but I don't think it would stop camber flex.

Anyone have a understanding of both, this is true or not? I'm seeing advantage to both.

That was my thought process too Talon. Although the TrueTrack will limit flexing somewhat, it moreso stabilizes lateral movement. It would seem that doing both would be advantageous. I also don't know why the suspension would be stiffer. The TT doesn't add any stiffness to the bike. I can see the Sta-Bos making it a little stiffer, but I can't imagine it being any more with the TT. We need a first hand assessment I think, and not from competing vendors! 8)

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2007, 04:14:34 PM »

Here's a link from bikernet on the TT, I would think if your worried about the extra viberation from the bushings the TT would be the way to go. I'm still on the fence as to which is better, or both. Hoist, you like yor TT correct?

http://www.bikernet.com/garage/truetrack.asp

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »

Was wondering what's happening with your ride, Roger...finishing today?  Anxiously awaiting your evaluation of the various products installed.

Just called the shop.  SNAFU, electricals screwed up, so they are waiting for the service mgr. to look at it tomorrow.  I'm ok, I am heading to Jacksonville this afternnon anyway, so most likely wouldn't get to ride it for a few days.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »

Here's a link from bikernet on the TT, I would think if your worried about the extra viberation from the bushings the TT would be the way to go. I'm still on the fence as to which is better, or both. Hoist, you like yor TT correct?

http://www.bikernet.com/garage/truetrack.asp

I'm happy with it right now, but the only real way to tell is if it doesn't do those squirrley things my previous FL's did without it. And so far it hasn't. Was running at pretty good speeds yesterday, and the only thing squirrley was the front end, which will be corrected by the Traxxion Cartridges. Will the Sta-Bo's add more or fight the TrueTrack? That's the question I need answered. The bike being a little stiffer doesn't bother me, but I don't want one to counteract the other and make things worse. This is the first I'm hearing of this issue. Like I said, I've had the TT on since day one, and it seems to be doing its job. I have the Stay-Bo's on order. I hope it's not a mistake trying both! Hoist!

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2007, 05:05:05 PM »

I wouldn't think they would fight each other, I think the only thing the bushings will do over TT is stop more of the camber change when hard into the turns. TT probably helps with this, but because the rubber bushing can still move I think the swing arm pivot shaft can still move up and down. So if one side goes higher and the other stays the same or worse moves down, your rear tire will change camber, which will create rear steer. So I think both the TT and the bushings would only complement eachother. the bushings should help reduce the swing arm pivot shaft from changing camber as much, but possibly adding some vibration too. just my uneducated opinion!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2007, 11:12:34 PM »

I'm happy with it right now, but the only real way to tell is if it doesn't do those squirrley things my previous FL's did without it. And so far it hasn't. Was running at pretty good speeds yesterday, and the only thing squirrley was the front end, which will be corrected by the Traxxion Cartridges. Will the Sta-Bo's add more or fight the TrueTrack? That's the question I need answered. The bike being a little stiffer doesn't bother me, but I don't want one to counteract the other and make things worse. This is the first I'm hearing of this issue. Like I said, I've had the TT on since day one, and it seems to be doing its job. I have the Stay-Bo's on order. I hope it's not a mistake trying both! Hoist!

It's not Howie.  On the red bike they're both there.  Or at least a variation thereof. 

The RideStr8 had been on for a long time.  Installed the StaBo bushings and unhooked the link from the RideStr8.  Just to feel it separately.  Was still stiffer and straighter than stock.  But in a way that felt different than was the gain from the RideStr8.

Hooked the link from the RideStr8 back up to run both products together.  Stiffer yet.  More rigid but definitely not feeling like a hardtail.  Not even close.  Just a surprisingly stiff and straight tracking rear end for a modern FL.  I prefer them that way.  So I immediately liked the combination. 

Have looked at the geometry impacted by either.  And the components impacted by either.  They aren't working at cross purposes.  More accurately working from different starting points toward the same purpose.  Fare more complementary than redundant. 

Some may not like the stiffer feel that is gained this way.  I do.  Don't hesitate to use them together and see what you think.  If you don't like the feel it's only another 20 minutes to take the new StaBo parts back out.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2007, 11:40:53 PM »

It's not Howie.  On the red bike they're both there.  Or at least a variation thereof. 

The RideStr8 had been on for a long time.  Installed the StaBo bushings and unhooked the link from the RideStr8.  Just to feel it separately.  Was still stiffer and straighter than stock.  But in a way that felt different than was the gain from the RideStr8.

Hooked the link from the RideStr8 back up to run both products together.  Stiffer yet.  More rigid but definitely not feeling like a hardtail.  Not even close.  Just a surprisingly stiff and straight tracking rear end for a modern FL.  I prefer them that way.  So I immediately liked the combination. 

Have looked at the geometry impacted by either.  And the components impacted by either.  They aren't working at cross purposes.  More accurately working from different starting points toward the same purpose.  Fare more complementary than redundant. 

Some may not like the stiffer feel that is gained this way.  I do.  Don't hesitate to use them together and see what you think.  If you don't like the feel it's only another 20 minutes to take the new StaBo parts back out.

Thanks Don, that's the last word on that! I felt the same way, but wondered why the Sta-Bo boys don't recommend it. Your assessment is exactly what I expected from it. Perfect response man! :2vrolijk_21: That, coupled with a killer suspension, you bike must handle awesome now! Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2007, 11:44:21 PM »

Thanks Don, that's the last word on that! I felt the same way, but wondered why the Sta-Bo boys don't recommend it. Your assessment is exactly what I expected from it. Perfect response man! :2vrolijk_21: That, coupled with a killer suspension, you bike must handle awesome now! Hoist! 8)

It's better than any rubber mounted big Harley I've ever been on.  But it's still a rubber mounted big Harley  :huepfenlol2: .

You'll get to ride it soon.  But if you hang a right down to Georgia on the way home rather than heading on to the city like you're supposed to it's not my fault.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »

It's better than any rubber mounted big Harley I've ever been on.  But it's still a rubber mounted big Harley  :huepfenlol2: .

You'll get to ride it soon.  But if you hang a right down to Georgia on the way home rather than heading on to the city like you're supposed to it's not my fault.

That's what's worrying me! :-\ I'm still trying to figure out a detour there between VA and KY ;) Just not quite enough time. Or is there? ::) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2007, 12:03:01 AM »

That's what's worrying me! :-\ I'm still trying to figure out a detour there between VA and KY ;) Just not quite enough time. Or is there? ::) Hoist! 8)

RIDE FASTER!

(create time!)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2007, 12:21:01 AM »

Two things have to happen for this to work. First, the Missus can't freak out too bad about it. That one might not be too bad. Chuck is down there. Maybe he can get Pinkie to take her out shopping. ::) Second, I have to make it from Front Royal, down SLD/BRP, to I-77 to Charlotte, to I-85 to Atlanta in two days with a group of people. That will be no small feat. Think I can pull it off? Then I can get the work done on the 15th and be in Clinton on the 16th. It's pushing it. It's also assuming Traxxion can work with short notice. It also means I'll wind up doing the 440's instead of waiting for the Bitubos. Oh, decisions, decisions! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2007, 12:28:14 AM »

Two things have to happen for this to work. First, the Missus can't freak out too bad about it. That one might not be too bad. Chuck is down there. Maybe he can get Pinkie to take her out shopping. ::) Second, I have to make it from Front Royal, down SLD/BRP, to I-77 to Charlotte, to I-85 to Atlanta in two days with a group of people. That will be no small feat. Think I can pull it off? Then I can get the work done on the 15th and be in Clinton on the 16th. It's pushing it. It's also assuming Traxxion can work with short notice. It also means I'll wind up doing the 440's instead of waiting for the Bitubos. Oh, decisions, decisions! :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

You've got temptation and envy working against you.  You are so hosed man.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2007, 12:32:06 AM »

You've got temptation and envy working against you.  You are so hosed man.

And don't forget motivation! Motivated by performance! Looks like some phone calls are in order for tomorrow! ;) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »

Ok, I'm now making book on whether Howie gets his front suspension worked over on the way to Kentucky or on the way to Hot Springs.

It's 7:5 for on the way to Hot Springs.  But those odds could change at any moment.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2007, 12:49:26 AM »

Ok, I'm now making book on whether Howie gets his front suspension worked over on the way to Kentucky or on the way to Hot Springs.

It's 7:5 for on the way to Hot Springs.  But those odds could change at any moment.

You'll know the exact odds after I talk to Traxxion tomorrow. It gives them 2 weeks to have everything ready. Do you think I should do the shocks or wait for the Bitubos to be finished testing? My shocks are brand new. Think I should hold out for them?

BTW, would you know how much lower the SERK3 is from stock? I think it's 1". I want to put it back to stock height for the handling. I'd need to tell them what I want, I guess. If I did that, I should probably do the shocks now too, so the geometry stays correct. What height are the stock RK's? Why am I trying to think about all of this now? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2007, 12:49:45 AM »

He's gonna be on the phone 1st thing in the AM. If he only had 1 more day on his pick up trip...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2007, 12:52:55 AM »

He's gonna be on the phone 1st thing in the AM. If he only had 1 more day on his pick up trip...

How about taking Fri off and moving the trip up one day from Sun to Sat? Hmmm... She's gonna kill me for this one! ;D Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2007, 12:55:04 AM »

How about taking Fri off and moving the trip up one day from Sun to Sat? Hmmm... She's gonna kill me for this one! ;D Hoist! 8)

6:5

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2007, 01:00:45 AM »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2007, 01:58:43 AM »

Friday off, 440's now plus one inch, forks and do the bitubo's later if they get them figured out.  You'll have 20 k on the 440's and it will be time to service the Traxx forks so you can ride down and get the new rear set up when you get the front end serviced.

Even money :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2007, 02:01:31 AM »

Friday off, 440's now plus one inch, forks and do the bitubo's later if they get them figured out.  You'll have 20 k on the 440's and it will be time to service the Traxx forks so you can ride down and get the new rear set up when you get the front end serviced.

Planned maintenance. Good idea Rog! This will be sweet if I can pull this off on such short notice. I'll give it a go! ;) Hoist! 8)

hogasm

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2007, 01:15:34 PM »

I don't know about that. Howie doesn't have that much patience. Remember it only took him 3 days to end his 2 YEAR WARRANTY. :coolblue:

10:1 he won't make it

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2007, 01:20:03 PM »

I don't know about that. Howie doesn't have that much patience. Remember it only took him 3 days to end his 2 YEAR WARRANTY. :coolblue:

10:1 he won't make it

Too late. The appointment's made for 5/15! ;) Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2007, 01:36:24 PM »

Too late. The appointment's made for 5/15! ;) Hoist! 8)

Knew he only needed the slightest bit more push to go over the edge.

Then, -
         --
           ----
                --------
                       -------
                             ----------

down he goes like the rolling strolling vroooming parts monger that we all know and love. 

Howie, you're gonna love having it done for the rest of that trip.  Even better is it sounds like you'll have it done for the best part of that trip.

Congrats on making the schedule fit the desire.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »

Knew he only needed the slightest bit more push to go over the edge.

Then, -
         --
           ----
                --------
                       -------
                             ----------

down he goes like the rolling strolling vroooming parts monger that we all know and love. 

Howie, you're gonna love having it done for the rest of that trip.  Even better is it sounds like you'll have it done for the best part of that trip.

Congrats on making the schedule fit the desire.

Anyone want to take odds on how many pages of prose we'll get if Howie gets the front end done on the ride in a couple of weeks? It boggles the mind to count that high.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »

Anyone want to take odds on how many pages of prose we'll get if Howie gets the front end done on the ride in a couple of weeks? It boggles the mind to count that high.

Chuck, it really won't impact this board at all.  Neal is already working on the "Howie Site With Double Deluxe Super High Bandwidth."  No place can handle all of us and Howie at the same time after all.  Not and still allow for the "Emergency Spiderman Binge Capacity" that has to be built in as a redundant backup.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2007, 01:49:29 PM »

Oh yeah, "Mum's the word"! No further posts on this! ;D

Thanks Don, I'm really looking forward to this mod. It's one of the most important things on FL's, that's never been addressed properly before! In like, forever! I hope those Bitubos don't take too long. ::) Hoist!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2007, 03:09:31 PM »

Oh yeah, "Mum's the word"! No further posts on this! ;D

Thanks Don, I'm really looking forward to this mod. It's one of the most important things on FL's, that's never been addressed properly before! In like, forever! I hope those Bitubos don't take too long. ::) Hoist!

I'm trying to get an update on the status of the Bitubo's today...I know they have not arrived, but trying to get a ship date, if possible.

So Howie, is the SERK lowered an inch on both ends, making the rear shock 11"?  Is the front lowered as well?  I ask this because the specs say the SEUC has 6" of ground clearance, and the SERK has 5.5

TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2007, 08:24:34 PM »

I'm trying to get an update on the status of the Bitubo's today...I know they have not arrived, but trying to get a ship date, if possible.

So Howie, is the SERK lowered an inch on both ends, making the rear shock 11"?  Is the front lowered as well?  I ask this because the specs say the SEUC has 6" of ground clearance, and the SERK has 5.5

I've been asking that. I thought I remember the SERK being lowered 1" front and rear. I believe the standard height shocks are 12" on a RK. They said they have specs, and I just told them I want it standard RK height. Hoist! 8)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2007, 07:17:49 PM »

Hoist - Standard height RK shocks are 13", same as the other Baggers except the RK Custom and Street Glide.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2007, 08:00:47 PM »

Hoist - Standard height RK shocks are 13", same as the other Baggers except the RK Custom and Street Glide.

Thanks for that hdfr! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2007, 11:42:29 PM »

I'm going for the 13's on Monday, they ordered the wrong ones originally and that's what they installed.

I just want as much travel as I can get, especially with the new set up if I want to set the 440's a bit lighter when two up to avoid back seater input on how screwed up the ride is since the mods :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2007, 11:48:06 PM »

I'm going for the 13's on Monday, they ordered the wrong ones originally and that's what they installed.

I just want as much travel as I can get, especially with the new set up if I want to set the 440's a bit lighter when two up to avoid back seater input on how screwed up the ride is since the mods :huepfenlol2:

Overall, how's all the other stuff working out? The bike looks great! :2vrolijk_21: It should be right on after the shock change. Have fun man! Hoist! 8)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »

Overall, how's all the other stuff working out? The bike looks great! :2vrolijk_21: It should be right on after the shock change. Have fun man! Hoist! 8)

Wife's relatives in town all weekend, so I should get to ride tomorrow.  Weather is looking good.  I'll get some miles for a good impression and then hold on until the replacement shocks show up.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 [All]

Page created in 0.519 seconds with 24 queries.