Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need advice on 2011 street glide  (Read 2241 times)

DrZ

Need advice on 2011 street glide
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:01:05 PM »

Here is my story.....I traded my Heritage Softail for 2010 black FLHX 3 months ago and really wanted a CVO SE in black but of course Harley did not produce one in that color for 2010. THEN Harley decides to produce one in 2011. So I put a deposit on one. I am going to trade my bike with less than 1000 mile on it. My current bike has Rinehart true duals installed. I am pretty sure that the dealer really does not care if I remove them. I have read that the 2011 CVO FLHXs have some heat issues and the "rumble" is not as nice.
Should I remove the Rineharts and put them on the CVO? Thanks

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Need advice on 2011 street glide
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »

Here is my story.....I traded my Heritage Softail for 2010 black FLHX 3 months ago and really wanted a CVO SE in black but of course Harley did not produce one in that color for 2010. THEN Harley decides to produce one in 2011. So I put a deposit on one. I am going to trade my bike with less than 1000 mile on it. My current bike has Rinehart true duals installed. I am pretty sure that the dealer really does not care if I remove them. I have read that the 2011 CVO FLHXs have some heat issues and the "rumble" is not as nice.

Are they the 3.5" or 4" Rineharts?  With the cutouts in the back, anything less than a 4" diameter mufflers, in my opinion, looks small and out of place. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

JPSTREETGLIDE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:15:40 PM »

Agree with Redevil this bike needs 4 inch mufflers, but the headpipes would work fine.  Keep the headpipes, sell the mufflers and buy a new set of 4 inch.

DrZ

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »

The pipes are four inch.....

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 09:31:02 PM »

Here's a different thought.
Your taking the R/H's off the SG so they are basically free.
Install them on the SESG and ride.
SURE, some may say the mufflers are to small but the R/H's will give you the rumble and the time to decide what you really want.
You know, if it's free, it's for me!
When you finally decide buy what you want, install them and sell the R/H's

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:54:50 PM »

The pipes are four inch.....

You're good to go then.  :2vrolijk_21:  Swap 'em out.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 09:55:53 PM »

Now you just need to decide on a tuner.... :nixweiss:

DrZ

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »

Which tuner....also what about warranty issues.....could there be a problem when you use a non-Harley tuner?

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 01:09:33 PM »

Which tuner....also what about warranty issues.....could there be a problem when you use a non-Harley tuner?

Picked up my O/B Monday, August 23rd. Gets better and better everytime out. I'd like to know the answer to this too, as the guy at my dealer said I have to go with a HD tuner--anything else voids the warranty.

Thanks.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »

Picked up my O/B Monday, August 23rd. Gets better and better everytime out. I'd like to know the answer to this too, as the guy at my dealer said I have to go with a HD tuner--anything else voids the warranty.

Thanks.

That's not true....but it sounds like it's time to find a new "honest" dealership.  My wife and I both have TTS tuners, cams, exhaust and Ness Big Sucker.......she just got a new motor under warranty and I just had my comensator replaced.  The mods or the warranty was never part of the discussion.

See this link.....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=52617.0  and this one....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg775235#msg775235
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 02:26:18 PM »

It's only a problem if it is found to be directly responsible for the warranty claim.  The problem you may find is that a lot of dealers would claim that aftermarket pipes, re-mapping fuel, etc...  is the cause of any engine issues.  A dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before they can deny warranty coverage on that basis. However, can you prove it didn't?  That's why we are mostly under the assumption that these mod's will void our warranty.  

Google the Magnuson-Moss Act for the law regarding this matter.

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »

That's not true....but it sounds like it's time to find a new "honest" dealership.  My wife and I both have TTS tuners, cams, exhaust and Ness Big Sucker.......she just got a new motor under warranty and I just had my comensator replaced.  The mods or the warranty was never part of the discussion.

See this link.....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=52617.0  and this one....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg775235#msg775235

Ha, exactly what I just summed up for him. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »

I'd suggest putting the stock exhaust back on the bike (if you still have it), selling the Rineharts, buying a set of 2" Fullsac baffles and a catless head pipe (from Fullsac also) and a TTS (also from Fullsac, already programmed for your bike and your mods, so no dyno necessary) and call it a day.

You get the cooler running motor, sounds like a Harley should and don't spend near as much money in the end. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 02:32:42 PM »

Ha, exactly what I just summed up for him.  

You just type faster than me........doesn't make your bike faster. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

mwbrunette is right.  I've had warranty work (factory warranty and extended warranty (service agreement) on my last four baggers.......modifications have never, ever came into question.  Like I said, I'd start looking for a dealership that really wanted my business (even if you have to travel further). :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 02:36:34 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 21 queries.