Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: Some New Mods  (Read 42340 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Some New Mods
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2007, 10:01:25 PM »

No dirty motorcycle's gonna take me away from my Chicken Parm! ;) Hoist! 8)
You better eat fast then. Chop Chop!!! :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2007, 10:11:29 PM »

You better eat fast then. Chop Chop!!! :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

dOOd

I'm not sure what his deal is,

His post count is slippin!
His bike is dirty!
He doesn't care about warranty!
He put eating as a higher priority than getting salt off his bike!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Must be gettin ready to move south  :2vrolijk_21:
His brain is fried!

:nervous:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2007, 10:17:56 PM »

dOOd

I'm not sure what his deal is,

His post count is slippin!
His bike is dirty!
He doesn't care about warranty!
He put eating as a higher priority than getting salt off his bike!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Must be gettin ready to move south  :2vrolijk_21:
His brain is fried!

:nervous:

No, he can finally ride his motorcycle, with the mods!!! ;D And he's a friggin happy camper now too! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2007, 11:28:08 PM »

No, he can finally ride his motorcycle, with the mods!!! ;D And he's a friggin happy camper now too! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Congrats on getting this step out of the way Howie.  Know you've been biting the bit to get it done.  Nice to see weather cooperate enough to let you get at it. 

Also was very interested in your first impressions of the SPOs.  Anything else you can think of to share about them?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2007, 12:06:43 AM »

Congrats on getting this step out of the way Howie.  Know you've been biting the bit to get it done.  Nice to see weather cooperate enough to let you get at it. 

Also was very interested in your first impressions of the SPOs.  Anything else you can think of to share about them?

Thanks Don. I was originally supposed to drop the bike off. I thought I'd hang out, since I didn't have a ride home anyway, and they decided to work on it anyway. One part after another, next thing you know, it's 8:30 and we're putting on the PC!

We started on the exhaust system. Stubborn bastard that stock system! The V&H's were uneventful. The bungs aren't in the greatest spots, but had no problems at all. The brake pedal is real close, but nothing had to be done. Then the mufflers. The SPO's are really heavy-duty pieces. Real quality looking and that polished SS is excellent. The inside of the mufflers needed some good clearancing inside to get them fully over the pipe. The weld is so heavy that it left a slight raise inside that we had to grind down. We got them on good though. I see why people had issues fitting them.

Then we did the A/C. That was also pretty straight forward. But there's always something. The threads on breather bolts that screw into the heads, thru the power vents, were never chased at all. They wouldn't even get started. I can't imagine how many people messed up their heads trying to mount this. We had to run these things thru a dye 3 times, not just chase them. I can't understand why these companies make such great stuff, but just miss the mark with the little BS things! Anyway, the rest of the A?C install was simple. You'll see the pics, but I gotta tell you. I'm digging the look with that S&S Slotted Hi FlowTeardrop Cover! The filter is even blue to go with the pinstriping!

Then we did the fuel lines and fuel tank hardware. I even remembered not to fill the tank beforehand!

Then we put the True-Track on. Haven't been able to test it, but didn't feel any difference whatsoever yet.

Then, when I thought we were leaving, he went into the back for fifteen minutes. He came out with the PC. He used a map that he made when he Dyno'd my friends 110" SERK. He said I'll be fine with that until I'm ready to tune mine.

We fired it up after the PC went in. It started right up. It sounded so nice. A deep low rumble. Nowhere near as quiet as stock, but quieter than any other performance muffler. It definitely sounds like a Harley and has a nice growl to it. It's classic S&S sounding, if you're familiar with them. I'm a big S&S fan myself. You can make noise with them too if you want to get on them. Overall. they're pretty much everything you want in a muffler. If the scraping isn't overly annoying. I haven't tested that yet either, as it was starting to ice up and I froze my ass of riding home in the dark with my sunglasses on!

Now to get the 1K on it so I can really get it tuned. I'll wait until S&S comes out with cams. I already have a whole list of chit to do next winter. I'm pretty well done for now. Now it's time to ride the bitch!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2007, 12:17:09 AM »

Now it's time to ride the bitch!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

That's the best epitaph to any day in the shop Howie.  Just enjoy running it.

Had to shake my head when you described cleaning out the threads on the a/c part.  That lack of attention to detail is just rampant.  It seems like everyone's concern is getting it out, not getting it out right.  And close is good enough.  I'm getting to so dread working with vendors and suppliers (especially in this market, but it's bad elsewhere as well) that can easily imagine just saying "enough is enough."  Seeing the same type of nonsense over and over (and over) again can really leave you with a "bah humbug" attitude about tackling the next chore.

Anyway....  Glad your day went well.  Sounds like you made a lot of progress and get to look forward to putting it all to work.  Spring is springing real soon.  Get ready, ride the bitch, and have some fun.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2007, 12:36:58 AM »

That's the best epitaph to any day in the shop Howie.  Just enjoy running it.

Had to shake my head when you described cleaning out the threads on the a/c part.  That lack of attention to detail is just rampant.  It seems like everyone's concern is getting it out, not getting it out right.  And close is good enough.  I'm getting to so dread working with vendors and suppliers (especially in this market, but it's bad elsewhere as well) that can easily imagine just saying "enough is enough."  Seeing the same type of nonsense over and over (and over) again can really leave you with a "bah humbug" attitude about tackling the next chore.

Anyway....  Glad your day went well.  Sounds like you made a lot of progress and get to look forward to putting it all to work.  Spring is springing real soon.  Get ready, ride the bitch, and have some fun.

Yeah, QC is kinda non-existant these days. But at least you don't have to make the parts you need anymore. They make everything now! But bolt-on my ass!  It all usually needs some kind of adjustment. It's frustrating when you just want to do something that should take 10 minutes and you spend an hour on it. But it's all good when you get to spend the day at the shop working on the bike! ;) Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »

Hoist, It's about time You rode her! Congratulations on the mods!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2007, 10:09:48 AM »

Then we did the A/C. That was also pretty straight forward. But there's always something. The threads on breather bolts that screw into the heads, thru the power vents, were never chased at all. They wouldn't even get started. I can't imagine how many people messed up their heads trying to mount this. We had to run these things thru a dye 3 times, not just chase them. I can't understand why these companies make such great stuff, but just miss the mark with the little BS things! Anyway, the rest of the A?C install was simple. You'll see the pics, but I gotta tell you. I'm digging the look with that S&S Slotted Hi FlowTeardrop Cover! The filter is even blue to go with the pinstriping!

Good Morning Howie, Glad to hear that you were finally able to get these last (for now) mods done. I imagine the wait was driving you and/or your nearest and dearest crazy. I received my Doherty power pacc with vents yesterday. Was going to install last night but when I got the a/c off except for the header bolts and back plate I realized I could not find any socket drives. I had to move after our last hurricane and still haven't found everything and some of my tools had not survived the flooding at my former house. Anyway after putting everything back together I read your above posts. Needless to say I got this sick feeling in my stomach and immediately pulled the header bolts I had received. Fortunately they looked ok to me but will know for sure tonight. Anyway I have a question for you if you don't mind. Did you install the hose and nipples on the power vents or just leave them off? If you installed them did you run them to the backplate or where? They give you several options and I wasn't sure what the best way would be.  Hope the weather holds out for you so you can ride this weekend. Of course it is only going to be 78 degrees here today so a little chilly for riding. lol. (As I have to work it really doesn't matter if it is 78 or 28, and as usual they are forecasting rain for the weekend.) Thanks in advance. JJ 

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »

Then an update you shall have! I just got home from the shop (9:30 PM) with the SERK. Was there since noon. Installed V&H TD's w/S&S SPO's, Doherty PowerPacc w/PowerVents w/S&S Teardrop Cover, PCIII USB w/O2 Eliminators, Braided SS Fuel and Crossover lines and The True-Track! The SPO's sound awesome!!! They have to scrape pretty bad for me to get rid of them! My friend dyno'd another SERK with V&H TD's w/V&H Ovals, so we used the map from that bike until I get more miles on mine. Then I'll give it a good WOT Dyno-tune. The bike runs and sounds fantastic as is. I still haven't had it over 3500 RPM, but you can feel it pull from 2000 RPM. Bottom end TQ feels great. Did I mention that it sounds fantastic!!! I also love the look of those big ole ugly mufflers and the S&S Teardrop cover! Now it sounds and looks like a Harley should!!!

Sorry, It's too dark for pics tonight. Plus, the bike is filthy. When I left this morning, the ice was melting and salt residue everywhere. No my new bike is a mess from the road crap! Time to see if that Glare stuff works this weekend. I'll post the pics by the end of the weekend (unless it's so nice, I don't come back!).

That's it for now. ;) Hoist! 8)

Sounds great Howie - lookin forward to seein the pics.

:beerchug:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2007, 02:12:12 PM »

Good Morning Howie, Glad to hear that you were finally able to get these last (for now) mods done. I imagine the wait was driving you and/or your nearest and dearest crazy. I received my Doherty power pacc with vents yesterday. Was going to install last night but when I got the a/c off except for the header bolts and back plate I realized I could not find any socket drives. I had to move after our last hurricane and still haven't found everything and some of my tools had not survived the flooding at my former house. Anyway after putting everything back together I read your above posts. Needless to say I got this sick feeling in my stomach and immediately pulled the header bolts I had received. Fortunately they looked ok to me but will know for sure tonight. Anyway I have a question for you if you don't mind. Did you install the hose and nipples on the power vents or just leave them off? If you installed them did you run them to the backplate or where? They give you several options and I wasn't sure what the best way would be.  Hope the weather holds out for you so you can ride this weekend. Of course it is only going to be 78 degrees here today so a little chilly for riding. lol. (As I have to work it really doesn't matter if it is 78 or 28, and as usual they are forecasting rain for the weekend.) Thanks in advance. JJ 

Hey JJ, how are you? I installed the PowerVent tubing with the black plastic elbows and the clear plastic tubing they furnished. These install in the backplate and on the bottom of the PV's themselves. The clear plastic tubing attaches to the elbows and cross behind the backplate, pretty much as shown in their diagram. You can extend them directly under the frame, like the old crankcase breathers if you want. If it leaks at the A/C, I'm rerouting mine to the ground. Overall, it's a pretty simple. Have fun with it! ;) Hoist!

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2007, 05:22:16 PM »

Then an update you shall have! I just got home from the shop (9:30 PM) with the SERK. Was there since noon. Installed V&H TD's w/S&S SPO's, Doherty PowerPacc w/PowerVents w/S&S Teardrop Cover, PCIII USB w/O2 Eliminators, Braided SS Fuel and Crossover lines and The True-Track! The SPO's sound awesome!!! They have to scrape pretty bad for me to get rid of them! My friend dyno'd another SERK with V&H TD's w/V&H Ovals, so we used the map from that bike until I get more miles on mine. Then I'll give it a good WOT Dyno-tune. The bike runs and sounds fantastic as is. I still haven't had it over 3500 RPM, but you can feel it pull from 2000 RPM. Bottom end TQ feels great. Did I mention that it sounds fantastic!!! I also love the look of those big ole ugly mufflers and the S&S Teardrop cover! Now it sounds and looks like a Harley should!!!

Sorry, It's too dark for pics tonight. Plus, the bike is filthy. When I left this morning, the ice was melting and salt residue everywhere. No my new bike is a mess from the road crap! Time to see if that Glare stuff works this weekend. I'll post the pics by the end of the weekend (unless it's so nice, I don't come back!).

That's it for now. ;) Hoist! 8)

Howie,
So, really, do you like the sound??? :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Good deal, friend.  Glad you're getting things done and happy with the results.  I think this one requires a short video clip when you have the chance - WITH SOUND ;). :worthless:
Be safe and good luck gettin' the miles on her.
Tony

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2007, 08:05:52 PM »

Hey Howie!

Man it was exciting to hear about the mods you had done! Kept scrolling down to see if you finally posted some pics. I love the look of the tear drop cover! Look forward to seeing some pics. I'm so happy for you bro! God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2007, 08:48:52 PM »

Hope the weather holds out for you so you can ride this weekend. Of course it is only going to be 78 degrees here today so a little chilly for riding. lol. (As I have to work it really doesn't matter if it is 78 or 28, and as usual they are forecasting rain for the weekend.) Thanks in advance. JJ 

78 ?  a little chilly ?

DAMN,,  thats t-shirt and sweatin weather up here in the Buffalo area. :apple:

Hell I ride in a t-shirt at 60 degrees.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2007, 09:04:49 PM »

Thanks Don. I was originally supposed to drop the bike off. I thought I'd hang out, since I didn't have a ride home anyway, and they decided to work on it anyway. One part after another, next thing you know, it's 8:30 and we're putting on the PC!

We started on the exhaust system. Stubborn bastard that stock system! The V&H's were uneventful. The bungs aren't in the greatest spots, but had no problems at all. The brake pedal is real close, but nothing had to be done. Then the mufflers. The SPO's are really heavy-duty pieces. Real quality looking and that polished SS is excellent. The inside of the mufflers needed some good clearancing inside to get them fully over the pipe. The weld is so heavy that it left a slight raise inside that we had to grind down. We got them on good though. I see why people had issues fitting them.

Then we did the fuel lines and fuel tank hardware. I even remembered not to fill the tank beforehand!

Then we put the True-Track on. Haven't been able to test it, but didn't feel any difference whatsoever yet.

Then, when I thought we were leaving, he went into the back for fifteen minutes. He came out with the PC. He used a map that he made when he Dyno'd my friends 110" SERK. He said I'll be fine with that until I'm ready to tune mine.

We fired it up after the PC went in. It started right up. It sounded so nice. A deep low rumble. Nowhere near as quiet as stock, but quieter than any other performance muffler. It definitely sounds like a Harley and has a nice growl to it. It's classic S&S sounding, if you're familiar with them. I'm a big S&S fan myself. You can make noise with them too if you want to get on them. Overall. they're pretty much everything you want in a muffler. If the scraping isn't overly annoying. I haven't tested that yet either, as it was starting to ice up and I froze my ass of riding home in the dark with my sunglasses on!

Now to get the 1K on it so I can really get it tuned. I'll wait until S&S comes out with cams. I already have a whole list of chit to do next winter. I'm pretty well done for now. Now it's time to ride the bitch!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
See you decided to go with the V&H true duals.  Any insight to why you opted out of trying the SPOs with the stock head pipes??
Tony
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 22 queries.