Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Some New Mods  (Read 42455 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Some New Mods
« Reply #315 on: April 09, 2007, 08:01:08 PM »

Howie,
I trust the primary issues are being covered by the MoCo?  Do they consider the starter as part of the problem?  (Should defray some of the cost of that chrome starter  ;)).  Hope everything works out.
Tony

Yeah Tony, the tech told me that the starter is one piece and if the pinion gear is broken the whole starter gets replaced under w.....ty. I'll have to pay the difference between the black and chrome, and the chrome inner primary. No labor-covered under w.....ty. Speedo will be under w.....ty too! Like I said, hopefully you'll be seeing it in York. I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your new bike also! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #316 on: April 09, 2007, 08:03:51 PM »

Howie,

Hoping it gets fixed soon. Riding season is upon us.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #317 on: April 09, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »

Howie,

Hoping it gets fixed soon. Riding season is upon us.

Thanks Ken. Believe me, it will! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #318 on: April 09, 2007, 10:24:32 PM »

New mods.  What new mods?
Two Lane,
Did you use the factory electric locks?  You'll have to post installation instructions...I know a bunch of other non-07 riders liked the idea of the electric locking bags....was it difficult to do??
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #319 on: April 09, 2007, 10:31:47 PM »

New mods.  What new mods?
Oh chit!!!! I'm glad it wasn't a snake I would have been bit. :o I totally missed that when I looked at this post. :oops: I was thinking you were talking about ignition cover. :-[

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #320 on: April 09, 2007, 11:30:56 PM »

Two Lane,
Did you use the factory electric locks?  You'll have to post installation instructions...I know a bunch of other non-07 riders liked the idea of the electric locking bags....was it difficult to do??
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

Devil, it is using the factory parts.  And to say it's difficult would be an overstatement.  However....  it's not a quick task at all.

Will do an install thread once it's all done.  It's just not quite there yet.

The short and skinny on it would be this:

Surprisingly few part numbers necessary.  Everything inside the saddlebag comes as a kit part number.  The only other parts are the various terminal connectors and plugs you'll need, the switch itself, two relays and a bi-directional diode. 

This would be a dead bang simple thing to do if Harley also made the harness for it available.  They don't.  Apparently, even though the harness pretty much stands alone, it's wrapped in the same wire shield as the main harness on the SEUC's.  So no separate part number for it.  So you have to make your own.

Even that isn't too bad a chore.  It's not a complicated harness.  It would have been more straighforward if they'd carried three legs to each saddlebag for lock/unlock/ground but they only carried two.  Both relays are diode protected internally and you have to add a bidirectional diode that goes between the two leads that go rear to the saddlebags.  Those two leads end up swapping positions for lock or unlock and ground found fuctions.

It's an odd way of accomplishing what could have been simpler (at least to me).  But it works.  Mounting the lock hardware inside the saddlebags is a bit of a jigsaw puzzle the first time.  But not terribly so.

I've got the hardware in the saddlebags, the harness roughed together and the entire mess bench tested.  Have seen it work.  Now just have to make the final version of the harness tidied up and to fit the bike then shove it all together.  Then just put the fairing and gas tank back on.  It's one of those "whole weekend chores" when you do it the first time that would take less than half that time if you did it again.

When all done I'll list the parts needed and some more detailed descriptions that match some photos.  Didn't have all weekend to work on it this past weekend as was doing some other things to the bike and had some outside chores to contend with.  If the world doesn't intrude, however, I'm hoping to be relatively uninterrupted and finish it up tomorrow.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #321 on: April 09, 2007, 11:31:45 PM »

Oh chit!!!! I'm glad it wasn't a snake I would have been bit. :o I totally missed that when I looked at this post. :oops: I was thinking you were talking about ignition cover. :-[

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

It ain't chrome.  But it is stealth  :2vrolijk_21: .

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #322 on: April 09, 2007, 11:53:15 PM »

Yeah Tony, the tech told me that the starter is one piece and if the pinion gear is broken the whole starter gets replaced under w.....ty. I'll have to pay the difference between the black and chrome, and the chrome inner primary. No labor-covered under w.....ty. Speedo will be under w.....ty too! Like I said, hopefully you'll be seeing it in York. I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your new bike also! Hoist! 8)

Howie, Are you saying that dealer is charging you labor for installation of the new  starter and the new speedo which are only being replaced because the original ones were defective?  "....will repair or replace without charge any parts found under normal use to be defective in factory materials or workmanship." p. 159 of owner's manual. Also, I don't see labor listed under exclulsions on p. 160 . ??  JJ

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #323 on: April 10, 2007, 08:26:51 AM »

Howie, Are you saying that dealer is charging you labor for installation of the new  starter and the new speedo which are only being replaced because the original ones were defective?  "....will repair or replace without charge any parts found under normal use to be defective in factory materials or workmanship." p. 159 of owner's manual. Also, I don't see labor listed under exclulsions on p. 160 . ??  JJ

Sorry jj, I could have been clearer. No Labor Cost-Labor will be covered under the w....ty. I only have to pay the extra for the chrome parts. Hoist! 8)

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #324 on: April 10, 2007, 08:52:40 AM »

Sorry jj, I could have been clearer. No Labor Cost-Labor will be covered under the w....ty. I only have to pay the extra for the chrome parts. Hoist! 8)
No problem, just trying to look out for you in the areas that I do know something about. Also was sorry to hear about the problems with your bike. I know that it had to be a real heartbreaker with all the passion you have for hd and your new bike. On the bright side, it was a good excuse to feed your newly acquired OCD. Best of luck, JJ. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #325 on: April 10, 2007, 11:21:44 AM »

No problem, just trying to look out for you in the areas that I do know something about. Also was sorry to hear about the problems with your bike. I know that it had to be a real heartbreaker with all the passion you have for hd and your new bike. On the bright side, it was a good excuse to feed your newly acquired OCD. Best of luck, JJ. 

Thanks jj, but it's still a Harley and chit breaks. Maybe that should be less uncommon with a new bike, but I sure am used to it. My concern is that it gets fixed properly. My work does not normally get done by these folks, although I know them well. With any luck, it'll be better than new! ;) Hoist! 8)

Freja

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #326 on: April 24, 2007, 09:46:19 AM »

It's really,really nicelooking

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #327 on: April 24, 2007, 04:23:33 PM »

Thanks Freja. You make a good straight man, as I can now lead into the newest mods! As most of you know, I had a problem with the clutch shell starter ring gear and starter. So the following shows the latest mods I've done. What follows here is Wild1 Chubby WO515 10" Mini Apes Handlebars (wiring extension and brakeline replacement was required), Chrome Rear Master Cylinder, Chrome Inner Primary, Chrome Starter. What remains cosmetically is the Hard Saddlebags, Roadwinder wheel-matching Floating Rear Rotor, and Chrome Belt Pulley Cover (they don't make a Roadwinder Pulley for the Touring Bikes!). These pics show the way the bike looks as of today. I hope you enjoy them! Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #328 on: April 24, 2007, 04:24:18 PM »

Left side

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #329 on: April 24, 2007, 04:25:03 PM »

Close-up of Chrome Inner Primary

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 25 queries.