Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 113

Author Topic: Harley 117 Kit  (Read 471750 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: Harley 117 Kit
« Reply #960 on: July 07, 2016, 02:06:58 PM »

Ed,

I guess I could slow down and wait for him and let Ole Hub know  :oops:   Better yet I will just have Pete slow down a little bit and let him know.   

Oh, so now, Pete has outrun me, too?  Are you high?  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #961 on: July 07, 2016, 02:09:02 PM »

:znothingfunny:

You and Harry are both chit-stirrers.  And you know what they say.......the more you stir it...the more you smell like it.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #962 on: July 07, 2016, 05:25:57 PM »

Dewey,

I never said it wasn't possible I said its rare.   

My bike isn't a 110 nor is it run of the mill nor is it what I or most would consider street compression at 11.6 to 1 nor is it stock castings of the heads.  It is an expensive cash sink that is custom at almost every turn including what S&S did on their part of the build sheet and took several iterations to get to where it is.    Completely  apples and oranges and irrelevant here to the 110 discussion and yes I ride it all the time all over, but would never consider it for someone else looking for a touring bike as it has concerns I have to mitigate, like snapping belts if you get to heavy handed, wheel stands, spinning the tire at 50 mph etc.   As far as numbers go I run it with whoever wants to run their twin cams.    1 up 2 up we hit and go, just ask around the site some even call me out on the posting of the numbers which is their opinion thinking I am duping them.   I would never post low numbers just to mess with ole Hubbard what fun would that be.   Maybe its his numbers that are actually lower  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

The Zippers extreme muscle isn't a run of the mill street build either it is 220 cranking with 680 lift cam with adjusted rockers making it a 730 lift cam.    A Confusing and mixing the 2 to try and make a data point where there is none beyond they started with a  110 build and went nuts.    Note above I said streetable compression, non pms.  You cant just put 87 or 89 or 91 fuel in there without having issues.    93/94 octane is what that is going to take, ohh wait with a thundermax you don't have knock retard so guess you hope for the best or to find a good tuner that can detune it for the gas you run when not in an area that doesn't have it.   Do that and whats the point of spending the money for a 5200 kit that you have to be aware of.   To me that is not a streetable upgrade.   For a little more you get a complete S&S 124 at 10.25 to 1 compression and it makes you smile.

Again with all the bikes on this site posted you wont find but a couple of bikes at 125/125 and the ones you do have generally spent big big money ...  Ask 110 Thunder what it took to bullet proof his and get 125/126 doubt many will go that far and that was TMan.   You bring up the ones you rattled off, how bout Jessies 116 HP bike with your headwork if it were that easy why didn't he make 125 / 125 you did all this 3 years ago his wasn't all that long ago and within that window.

ohh well beating a dead horse, buyer beware of numbers without guarantees is all I can say.    120/120 is a reasonable goal that you should be able to get to or close, beyond that its a crapshoot.   

I honestly hope everyone gets there, but too many variables and too few have the results to say its easy.

As another data point GMR's own build done in house by him his tuning going from 110 to 113  makes the torque has all the bells and whistles and still doesn't make 125 hp.  Easy to get to the 125/125 not thinking so.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=103314.msg1332843#msg1332843

OUCH!  Later--HUBBARD

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #963 on: July 07, 2016, 05:43:53 PM »

Hey, it's 125/127:huepfenlol2:

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #964 on: July 07, 2016, 06:10:19 PM »

Dewey,

I never said it wasn't possible I said its rare.   

My bike isn't a 110 nor is it run of the mill nor is it what I or most would consider street compression at 11.6 to 1 nor is it stock castings of the heads.  It is an expensive cash sink that is custom at almost every turn including what S&S did on their part of the build sheet and took several iterations to get to where it is.    Completely  apples and oranges and irrelevant here to the 110 discussion and yes I ride it all the time all over, but would never consider it for someone else looking for a touring bike as it has concerns I have to mitigate, like snapping belts if you get to heavy handed, wheel stands, spinning the tire at 50 mph etc.   As far as numbers go I run it with whoever wants to run their twin cams.    1 up 2 up we hit and go, just ask around the site some even call me out on the posting of the numbers which is their opinion thinking I am duping them.   I would never post low numbers just to mess with ole Hubbard what fun would that be.   Maybe its his numbers that are actually lower  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
The Zippers extreme muscle isn't a run of the mill street build either it is 220 cranking with 680 lift cam with adjusted rockers making it a 730 lift cam.    A Confusing and mixing the 2 to try and make a data point where there is none beyond they started with a  110 build and went nuts.    Note above I said streetable compression, non pms.  You cant just put 87 or 89 or 91 fuel in there without having issues.    93/94 octane is what that is going to take, ohh wait with a thundermax you don't have knock retard so guess you hope for the best or to find a good tuner that can detune it for the gas you run when not in an area that doesn't have it.   Do that and whats the point of spending the money for a 5200 kit that you have to be aware of.   To me that is not a streetable upgrade.   For a little more you get a complete S&S 124 at 10.25 to 1 compression and it makes you smile.

Again with all the bikes on this site posted you wont find but a couple of bikes at 125/125 and the ones you do have generally spent big big money ...  Ask 110 Thunder what it took to bullet proof his and get 125/126 doubt many will go that far and that was TMan.   You bring up the ones you rattled off, how bout Jessies 116 HP bike with your headwork if it were that easy why didn't he make 125 / 125 you did all this 3 years ago his wasn't all that long ago and within that window.

ohh well beating a dead horse, buyer beware of numbers without guarantees is all I can say.    120/120 is a reasonable goal that you should be able to get to or close, beyond that its a crapshoot.   

I honestly hope everyone gets there, but too many variables and too few have the results to say its easy.

As another data point GMR's own build done in house by him his tuning going from 110 to 113  makes the torque has all the bells and whistles and still doesn't make 125 hp.  Easy to get to the 125/125 not thinking so.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=103314.msg1332843#msg1332843

I'm really pi$$ed!  You have insinuated to the entire Site, that I would misrepresent the numbers on Maybelle's Motor.  The insignias on my Motor clearly reflect it's a 110.  Can't you see?  All I did was tear it down and powder-coat it back black, for more color contrast.  Ask anybody....I always tell the truth.......except when I lie.  Hehehe.  Later--HUBBARD   

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #965 on: July 07, 2016, 06:25:52 PM »

This post smells like chit for sure!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #966 on: July 07, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »

This post smells like chit for sure!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hehehe.  Smeller's the feller!  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

98fxstc

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 FXDFSE
« Reply #967 on: July 07, 2016, 07:48:53 PM »

Why don't you wankers go and play somewhere else
instead of filling up these pages with chit ?

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #968 on: July 07, 2016, 08:08:42 PM »

Yeah!!!! :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:10:26 PM by SHRADER »
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #969 on: July 07, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »

As I don't see "Moderator" attached to your name, kiss my a$$.  Furthermore, you calling me, and others here "wankers", is personally offensive to me.  Chit is part of the fun here, whether it be much or little.  If the little bit of chit put out here sticks in your craw, I suggest you go somewhere else and play.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD     

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #970 on: July 07, 2016, 09:12:30 PM »

I did not know we had to seek your permission before posting here.  :confused5:

Just what is it you expect to have grace page 65 that hasn't been said in the previous 64 pages?

Were your other 149 posts this insightful?

98fxstc

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 FXDFSE
« Reply #971 on: July 08, 2016, 01:31:23 AM »

If the little bit of chit put out here sticks in your craw, I suggest you go somewhere else and play. 

I come here to read the technical posts not play
Isn't that what the social pages are for ?

Furthermore, you calling me, and others here "wankers", is personally offensive to me. 

If the hat fits...

98fxstc

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 FXDFSE
« Reply #972 on: July 08, 2016, 01:36:56 AM »

I did not know we had to seek your permission before posting here.  :confused5:

Just what is it you expect to have grace page 65 that hasn't been said in the previous 64 pages?

Were your other 149 posts this insightful?

Nobody needs my permission to post here
But most come to this thread to look at aspects of the 117 kit upgrade
not read the carry-on from those who are full of themselves

Were my other 149 posts this insightful?
Not sure
I try to make a positive contribution.
You should stick to the social pages too

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #973 on: July 08, 2016, 06:51:30 AM »

Nobody needs my permission to post here

You should stick to the social pages too

Thanks for clarifying.  Your positivity is overwhelming.  Meanwhile, I'll continue to post wherever and whatever the hell I want, f$%* you very much. :2vrolijk_21:

KC2GIW

• RUB
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 White Amethyst CVO Street Glide
« Reply #974 on: July 08, 2016, 06:57:34 AM »

#wankerpostsmatter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt - Syracuse, NY

2016 White Amethyst FLHXSE.
117 SE drop-in kit.
Jackpot 2:1:2, V&H 450 Titans.

2018 Arctic White Corvette Grand Sport
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 113

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.