Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Street Glide - Which Head Pipe did you choose?  (Read 6721 times)

dean77

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
2015 CVO Street Glide - Which Head Pipe did you choose?
« on: May 06, 2015, 01:27:48 PM »

I have read and reread the many posts and I have nailed my headpipe down to 2 choices either the FuelMoto Jackpot 2/1/2 Head Pipe or The FullSac CX or sportpipe Head Pipe. My number one goal being to reduce the heat on my lower right leg. Sound wise I am looking for a similar sound level to stock. Maybe a slight bit louder but nothing more. I plan on keeping the stock exhaust for now.

I am not looking for a FuelMoto vs Fullsac comment as I feel they both offer a good product. I am looking for those that have the same bike and can offer me their real life input.

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:01:04 PM by dean77 »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: 2015 CVO Street Glide - Which Head Pipe did you choose?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 01:52:21 PM »

While I'm no longer riding a Street Glide, our goals are similar.....I was looking to #1 lower the temp,  #2 not to loud and then #3 performance.  I went with the Fullsac stainless steel, ceramic coated head pipe and the 1.75 baffles.  I am very happy with the fact that the heat is no longer an issue.....even pulling my Bushtec in the mountains last weekend, no burning of my right thigh on the under side!  Here's my review....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=101223.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 02:19:35 PM »

Imo you can't go wrong either way. Both are top notch customer oriented companies with great products.

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:06:45 PM »

I have read and reread the many posts and I have nailed my headpipe down to 2 choices either the FuelMoto Jackpot 2/1/2 Head Pipe or The FullSac CX or sportpipe Head Pipe. My number one goal being to reduce the heat on my lower right leg. Sound wise I am looking for a similar sound level to stock. Maybe a slight bit louder but nothing more. I plan on keeping the stock exhaust for now.

I am not looking for a FuelMoto vs Fullsac comment as I feel they both offer a good product. I am looking for those that have the same bike and can offer me their real life input.

Thanks all!

You will definitely have a louder than stock set up with either one, since the obstruction known as the catalytic won't be present. This is a must do mod though, the bike will run much better and cooler with these headpipes.

I'm with Jswerve- tough decision, as both companies make a top notch product. I'd say go with Fullsac if you wanted to buy the whole package- headpipe, cores, and TTS tuner.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 10:50:57 PM »

I'd say go with Fullsac if you wanted to buy the whole package- headpipe, cores, and TTS tuner.

I would second that.

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

dean77

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »

Thanks for the input guys.... Now to place my order.... Wondering though... does anyone know of a great reputable tuner in the Mass or nearby area?

2015FLHTKSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 07:42:17 AM »

I put on an RC Components tru dual head pipe with their Gatlin slip ons and a PC V tuner. Had it dynoed and went from 84 hp to 104 hp with just that improvement. Not sure where in MA you are but there is a great tuner in Mechanicville NY called Joes Motorcycle Repair.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 11:33:46 AM »

I do not recommend Joe's Cycle for tuning our bikes.  Been there and done that,  I was told the cost was comparable to other shops and did not get an exact cost, my fault.  How does $604.00 sound, and then I had some small issues that went unresolved by Joe.  You may want to consider Rob's Dyno service in Mass.  I have never been there but Steve at GMR recommended them for a re tune for my new 124 with the 640 cams.  I was told that I needed to have it retuned due to removing the Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1 for the Vance & Hines Power Duals along with the Crusher Mellows.  Feel free to PM me.   

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 01:18:24 PM »

I went with the fullsac DX pipe, comes with the full size cross over pipe, Fullsac 2.0 baffles and screens, and finished with the tts tuner which Fullsac provided a map for me to use. No additional spending needed. Did it easily in a day with truly amazing results in performance. Quality of sound (not interested being loud) is superb. Sounds like a down and dirty hot rod without being loud.

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »

Thanks for the input guys.... Now to place my order.... Wondering though... does anyone know of a great reputable tuner in the Mass or nearby area?

Give Rob's dyno in Gardner Ma a call. He's tuned two bikes for me and I've been very satisfied!    Boston Boy

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 11:28:07 PM »

I installed a Fullsac DX header and 4" Rineharts yesterday. I live close to a great Indy shop, Rosa's Cycle in Huntington, LI. They do great motorwork and Andrew is an excellent tuner. I want this bike tuned vs buying a tuner and installing myself. I called Rosa's this morning and dropped the bike off, should have it back Monday/Tuesday. I cant wait!

dean77

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 08:26:56 PM »

Did some more checking on Rob's Dyno.... Very impressive credentials! I made my appointment.... the only thing that sucks is the wait. But then I guess if a tuner is not booked this time of year I would be nervous. I am loving riding the bike as is so I will survive the 2 month wait. Amazing considering all he does is tune and does it 6 days a week. Thanks guys for the recommendation!

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 09:08:04 AM »

Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 12:43:45 PM »

Did some more checking on Rob's Dyno.... Very impressive credentials! I made my appointment.... the only thing that sucks is the wait. But then I guess if a tuner is not booked this time of year I would be nervous. I am loving riding the bike as is so I will survive the 2 month wait. Amazing considering all he does is tune and does it 6 days a week. Thanks guys for the recommendation!

I was there yesterday with my bud and his 2015 violet CVO SG less than 400 miles on it, tuned just for new full exhaust system, S & S true dual head pipe & LOUD American Custom muffs system tuned well no tq dips, but major correcting of the af ratio needed.....   Boston Boy

dean77

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 05:55:06 PM »

I was there yesterday with my bud and his 2015 violet CVO SG less than 400 miles on it, tuned just for new full exhaust system, S & S true dual head pipe & LOUD American Custom muffs system tuned well no tq dips, but major correcting of the af ratio needed.....   Boston Boy

Sounds like your a frequent customer! Maybe you can put in a good word for me and I can get in sooner than August. Looking forward to a good tune!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.