Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Brake light not bright enough?  (Read 15374 times)

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
Re: Brake light not bright enough?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 08:33:11 AM »

Last year I was following a friend on his FLTRXSE and it seemed to me that his lights were a bit hard to see because the angle of the lenses and glare of the sun. Could just be me but anyway, I put on the Custom Dynamics SS-8 and like the effect. My friend saw it and put it on his too.  :2vrolijk_21:

mmcghee

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 06:19:02 AM »

installed the magic strobe today and its going to grab the attention of anyone behind you! Might be the best safety mod for $50 anyone can do and it takes all of 5 minutes to install.

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 07:03:25 AM »

installed the magic strobe today and its going to grab the attention of anyone behind you! Might be the best safety mod for $50 anyone can do and it takes all of 5 minutes to install.

Is it a plug and play or do you have to splice any wires?

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 09:15:57 AM »

Plug and play if you order the one for our CVO bikes. Mine comes in Monday. Had to try it after reading these posts. This site keeps costing me money.  ;D
RETIRED! :fireman:

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 12:13:36 PM »

Perhaps I'm missing something, but do any of you really want to assume that just because no one has walked up and told you your tail lights and stop lights suck that everything is therefore rosy?  I'm a firm believer in checking it myself, not waiting for someone to think to tell me my lights suck or don't work at all.

Here's a simple test.  Next time you're in a parking lot with a bunch of bikes, have some of the guys with regular lights line their bikes up next to yours and everyone fire them up and let them sit idling.  Now walk about 50 to 100 feet back, turn around and look at all the tail lights.  Try also walking to either side to check the off-angle visibility.  If you do this in daylight, I'm going to guess that at least some of you will notice the same thing I have about those lights.  Or maybe not and I'm just a little more screwed up than usual lately. :nixweiss:

Jerry

The FLTRSE3/FLTRXSE/2/FLHXSE/2/3 all have minimal side view of the lights from the rear.

However.. I followed a red hot sunglow (i think) FLHX and this thing was so bright in the sun I couldnt even see the taillights against the bright red metallic paint.

Fortunately I run a TP w/spoiler or backrest with the airwing for daily commute.

Weekend solo cruising it all comes off.

I check each day before I leave the house to assure I have all lighting functional.

Too many idiots here that cant see you when your lights do work.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

prs4guitars

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »

I added the custom dynamics led brake light, front & rear turn signals, with the rear both red for stop and flashing yellow for turns and a license plate frame with the led turn signals and center brake light along with the magic strobe. What a difference. I have had many guys following me comment on how much they like my lights and how bright they are. I can tell you when a cager is too close and I just flash the lights they seem to back off. Custom dynamics were great to work with and very helpful. All this was plug and play on my 2008 FLHRSE. I forgot to mention I had to install the load module to get the flashers to work properly.

Walt

mmcghee

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 01:55:35 AM »

Is it a plug and play or do you have to splice any wires?
I got the unit for the CVO and it is plug and play! Was very simple to install. Just walked in the door 18 hrs and 680 miles today. Friends said the strobe of the lights help to see when i hit the brakes a ton... I was about a mile ahead of them at one point and was getting off the highway and they said they could see the light.

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 05:33:45 AM »

I got the unit for the CVO and it is plug and play! Was very simple to install. Just walked in the door 18 hrs and 680 miles today. Friends said the strobe of the lights help to see when i hit the brakes a ton... I was about a mile ahead of them at one point and was getting off the highway and they said they could see the light.

Thanks, I'll order one up :2vrolijk_21:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 06:40:53 AM »

I ordered one on on Sunday SS8 I like the demo on the web site.
DND

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »

Put it on today. less that 30 seconds to install.....30 minutes to decide what mode to use.  ::)
RETIRED! :fireman:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 10:49:19 AM »

Where does this hook up under the seat or the side panel ????
DND

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 11:32:14 AM »

I already have their signal light balancer (for the LED vs. Bulb front turn signals) in use.  Can this be used in series or should it also take care of the load balancing too?
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 01:57:32 PM »

Hey guys I just purchased a brake light flasher module on E-Bay. It is a custom dynamics SS8 module that works with our newer 2010-2013 CVO bikes. It was from an E-Bay user called easternpc. Hehad it listed as buy it now for 49.95 or best offer. I offered him 40.00 and he accepted it. The module is 50.00 straight from custom dynamics. Just wanted to let ya'll know in case someone else wanted one at a discount. He re-listed another one the same way and the E-Bay item number is 400511560566.

When I looked at the instructions on the website it said it plugs in under the seat but could be mounted there or in a side panel. You still have to do the load balancer for LED's but the flasher unit plugs in between the balancer and the brake lights.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 03:34:20 PM »

Hey guys I just purchased a brake light flasher module on E-Bay. It is a custom dynamics SS8 module that works with our newer 2010-2013 CVO bikes. It was from an E-Bay user called easternpc. Hehad it listed as buy it now for 49.95 or best offer. I offered him 40.00 and he accepted it. The module is 50.00 straight from custom dynamics. Just wanted to let ya'll know in case someone else wanted one at a discount. He re-listed another one the same way and the E-Bay item number is 400511560566.

When I looked at the instructions on the website it said it plugs in under the seat but could be mounted there or in a side panel. You still have to do the load balancer for LED's but the flasher unit plugs in between the balancer and the brake lights.

Eastern Performance is a good sized operation, only part of which is the ebay store.  In my experience they offer good prices, including free shipping, and seem to have good customer service.

http://www.easternperformance.com/

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 03:46:38 PM »

No complaints. I have the LED brake light from Badlands.

This picture really does not show how bright it really is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 21 queries.