Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Compensator nut  (Read 7218 times)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
Re: Compensator nut
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 10:44:31 AM »

I believe that this came up before, and there was a service bullatin. sp

Mine came loose before any damage was done. not covered.

[highlight]Harley's stand is that a loose comp nut is service related item. If the nut comes loose and damage is done then all is covered under warranty[/highlight].

So following that logic, it's OK to let it go and trash the motor costing big $$$ to the MOCO instead of $40 or so... must be the same people that determine acceptable paint quality. Sheeesh!! [smiley=zwtf.gif]

SPIDERMAN

Re: Compensator nut
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 10:46:05 AM »

:o :o :o :o :o Damn BB  :o :o :o :o :o :o
       where's the love???????

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

You get the love in my PM's bro. I got a rep to maintain out here on the site  8-)

B B

For what it's worth on the serious side, my first 03 SERK had the nut back off and it damn near left me stranded. Chewed up the whole primary guts by the time I got it to the dealer. They replaced everything that even hinted of damage under warranty. A lot of 03's had this problem and it was my understanding that the torque setting was off on the air wrench they use to wind the nut down on the assembly line. Anyway, as someone else commented it's all good when the warranty covers it, but it ain't so good if it leaves you stranded. I'm something of a sadist when chit like this happens. I ride it till it breaks even if I know somethings wrong. Only had to pay for something out of my own pocket once doing it that way.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.