Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hydraulic clutch adjustment?  (Read 10063 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Hydraulic clutch adjustment?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 08:41:52 AM »

I'm not running the Barnett, but the Bandit. I have the same issue as do most of the hydraulic setups. The aftermarket units seem to make the arrangement even worse than stock.
I don't believe taking those pieces out is going to help, but I'm hoping for your success.

I've seen other reports about removing those components that indicated it resolved the problem, so I suppose it's worth a try.  However, those parts are included in the clutch for a reason, and I'm not very keen on removing parts that in fact have a function, just to "fix" a problem that should have been addressed in the design of the clutch kit.  In other words, to me it's a Mickey Mouse response to a real problem that has a real root cause, and no one seems to want to fix the root cause, be it Harley or the people selling aftermarket stuff it seems.

JMHO -Jerry
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:43:45 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

roadkingray66

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus, Antique Gunstock
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 02:39:45 PM »

He didn't say anything about fluid. I am running red line primary. The amount is whatever the manual called for, I think it was 45 oz. There is no squawking. It shifts great, smooth through the gears and neutral is easy to hit. Much better than stock. The point of engagement is my only problem with this set-up. I am going to remove the damper seat and spring tonight, hopefully that helps.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 06:27:48 PM »

I'm guessing that the engagement was good to go when it was stock?

It's good that you don't have to run ATF to have a proper neutral :2vrolijk_21:

Let us know how it works out... :2vrolijk_21:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

roadkingray66

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus, Antique Gunstock
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 02:33:58 PM »

Yes, stock it was great. I really liked the feel and the operation of the hydraulic clutch. The engagement was right in the center of lever travel before the scorp.  I would never have messed with it but it would break loose and slip until I let off the throttle. It only happened when I got on it hard, like getting on the expressway. I will report back when I get it back together.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.