Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Enigne upgrade help - Dyno Attached  (Read 3933 times)

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
Re: Enigne upgrade help - Dyno Attached
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 06:57:48 PM »

You can't compare because with the 2.5 baffles x 2, you don't have enough backpressure. Think about it- the 2-1 uses 2.55" to push the exhaust gas from both cylinders, but a 2-1-2 with the two 2.5" baffles= 5", which is twice the flow- too much.

I would go Dragula 2 with the 2.55" baffle. The Rush Wrath is just as nice and can be found cheaper with on-line discounters, but the Dragula 2 does not have the twisty rear cylinder pipe (as it is not an equal length header), so it throws less heat on your right leg. It is a proven performer, is ceramic coated, and well built.

2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 11:45:28 AM »

Here is my current build

2011 SESG
Fuelling 574 Cams
Fullsac B X-pipe
Fullsac 2.5" baffles (had 2.25 baffles when tuned, but wanted more sound)
TTS Tuner
Stock Air Cleaner

I was told when I did the cam install that my exhaust with the big baffles was hurting me, so what did I do, went bigger.... I am pretty happy with the sound, but I just feel like I have killed my bottom end.

The question is, what would you do to wake this thing up? I want exhaust that is as loud as my 2.5" cores but better performance. I would also like to have the flexibility to go to a 117 kit at some point and not have to replace the exhaust again... is that possible? What else do I need to do? Bump up the compression? Heads? I really have no idea, I just know the bike feels like it has no bottom end.

Someday I may want to do the 117 kit.

I have 2 years left on my extended warranty, would prefer not to completely void it.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

In my experience, an ESP inspector will deny a (motor) claim for the Cams you are currently using...

As others have posted, wanting the bottom end performance with the bigger baffles that you like, requires more inches... You have a decent pipe, and mufflers that you really like the sound of, so Build around that... My '09 came with the Roland Sands Design Tracker Slip-ons, they have a smaller baffle, sound great to me (but sound is so subjective??) they are expensive, don't even know if V&H produces them anymore??

Another way to make the bike more responsive everywhere is to install a Baker DD7... ain't cheap... doesn't do much good if your riding style is to putt around at 2k rpms and want to pass without downshifting...

IMHO piece-mealing a build over time is by far the most frustrating / expensive way of doing things... I've never done it that way, but I've seen many horror stories... It's best to set a goal that fits with the way you ride / use the bike and do it all at one time, so all the Components play well together...

I recommend going to see Jim at Metal Dragon in Heyward, hd-dude here, close to you, Knows his stuff, straight shooter, great guy...

Keep us posted...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 11:52:35 AM »

For now I think I am doing a Dragula 2 exhaust and see what that gets me. I'm not really ready to sink another $6-8K to build the motor I want. I do think you may be right about all or nothing.

Jim did the work so far, I will start with the exhaust and see where he says to go from there.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 12:03:32 PM »

Next time you see Jim, tell him I (the big guy from FLA with the yellow RG) said Hi!
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.