Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Enigne upgrade help - Dyno Attached  (Read 3972 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
Enigne upgrade help - Dyno Attached
« on: June 14, 2016, 12:41:33 AM »

Here is my current build

2011 SESG
Fuelling 574 Cams
Fullsac B X-pipe
Fullsac 2.5" baffles (had 2.25 baffles when tuned, but wanted more sound)
TTS Tuner
Stock Air Cleaner

I was told when I did the cam install that my exhaust with the big baffles was hurting me, so what did I do, went bigger.... I am pretty happy with the sound, but I just feel like I have killed my bottom end.

The question is, what would you do to wake this thing up? I want exhaust that is as loud as my 2.5" cores but better performance. I would also like to have the flexibility to go to a 117 kit at some point and not have to replace the exhaust again... is that possible? What else do I need to do? Bump up the compression? Heads? I really have no idea, I just know the bike feels like it has no bottom end.

Someday I may want to do the 117 kit.

I have 2 years left on my extended warranty, would prefer not to completely void it.

Thanks in advance for the advise.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:05:33 AM by FAST380 »

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
Re: Enigne upgrade help - Dyno Attached
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:58:02 AM »

Different cam would help. Here is my build with 2.5" baffles. A little more work than you want to do, just something to give some ideas. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=107650.0
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 10:10:11 AM »

I would follow what CVOStu did and that is the 24d, a little compression to say 10.5 to 10.6 to 1, some headwork, lifters, new cam bearings, gaskets and tune and turn in it loose.

be sure to check the compression and leak down before you tear it apart as well as check the crank runout, cylinders and piston to wall,.    if needed 5/10 over on the pistons to start out right.

Should be reliable, quiet and run well.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »

The endless quest for power, torque, and the right sound. Best of luck. Do whatever makes you happy and your wallet can handle.  8)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 10:51:33 AM »

The endless quest for power, torque, and the right sound. Best of luck. Do whatever makes you happy and your wallet can handle.  8)

Isn't that the truth right there.... we wouldn't have anything to talk about if everybody's bike was fast and sounded good.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 04:59:33 PM »

Have you tried any of the 2:1 exhaust systems?  Several of them have plenty loudness, and it might help get some of the low end back.  As it is, you're fighting against the laws of physics--the loud, wide open pipes just won't develop low-end TQ.  It's one of those either/or choices.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 07:51:18 PM »

big speakers to make the sound? with pipes that make power? and time the noise to match the rpm.

that is the only way i can imagine to get obnoxious noise - and power at the same time.

might be worth a shot - besides you can install a "quiet" switch for when you see a cop

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 12:10:07 AM »

Running the 574...Port the heads, set the squish to 10.5, add a 58 TB, along with a Dragula 2 & most important a spot on tune, Will yield exactly what you're looking to accomplish.

2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 12:18:10 AM »

Running the 574...Port the heads, set the squish to 10.5, add a 58 TB, along with a Dragula 2 & most important a spot on tune, Will yield exactly what you're looking to accomplish.

Thanks for the reply!! Would you do this to a stock bottom end? I assume if you do the bottom end after it breaks will cost a lot more than before it breaks.

What needs to be done to the bottom end, weld and ballance the crank? The bike runs fine now, ballpark, what does it cost to make the bottom end last? An extra $2k? I really have no idea.

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 12:38:14 AM »

Looks like replacing the crank with an S&S might be the better way to go.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 08:09:02 AM »

Thanks for the reply!! Would you do this to a stock bottom end? I assume if you do the bottom end after it breaks will cost a lot more than before it breaks.

What needs to be done to the bottom end, weld and ballance the crank? The bike runs fine now, ballpark, what does it cost to make the bottom end last? An extra $2k? I really have no idea.

If the crank run out is within specs, yes, I would do the mentioned above.
IMO, if you're splitting cases to get to the crank, I'd R&R for a 120
All what you want to spend  8)
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 09:08:55 AM »

Looks like replacing the crank with an S&S might be the better way to go.

That's what I did on my 14 Limited build. Head work, 10.5 to 1 STD pistons. TC-24D cams, 58MM TB and a D&D Fat Kat exhaust. It runs great and gets 40 mpg when I don't twist it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 11:35:36 AM »

X 2 on a good 2-1 as it will give you sound and performance. I've had a similar issue with soft bottom end with an improper exhaust. Anything less than a 120 or 124, you shouldnt go with larger than 2.0 baffles if you want max low end tq.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Beak Boater

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Progressive Mono Tubes, Klockwerks 8.5; Heads By TMan, Rinehart True duals, TTS Mastertune By Doc's
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG Hard Candy, Crusher Tridents, Fulsac X, TTS Mastertune by Docs Performance
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 12:41:54 PM »

Beautiful bike....I love that year CVO Streetglide. I went through what you are doing with a 2012 CVO Street Glide. TMan Heads, Cams, Pistons, tuned by Doc's Performance Made 123/120 Fulsac Head Pipe and 4 Inch Rineharts. (yeah I know they aren't the best choice for HP but I liked them.) Crank was plugged and welded by Dark Horse. Was a blast to ride had, a few things that I was warned about, throttle body noise, HPI 58 MM, and valve train TMan 660SM cams. Just the way it is.
If I was to do it again, I would go big cubic inches and mild build, for me. If you split the cases to address the crank then you might as well go 120 or 124, with mild compression and cams. Later if you want more than up the compression, and different cams. Even the 117 kit from Harley with you stock heads will give you a little more but with head work will really wake up.....but you still have the stock lower end. You know your riding style are you building it to baby it or will you twist it up? Its pay me now or pay me later.....good luck.
Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, Live for Today.

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 12:59:26 PM »

I tend to ride the bike pretty hard... I mean it's a toy, why baby it. I am leaning towards ordering new exhaust and see what that does for me. I read a lot of good reviews on the Dragula 2 with the 2.55 cores. And correct me if I am wrong, I can change the cores at a later point if the engine crows correct? Opinions on that exhaust with the build I have? I just hope I am happy with the sound, I have never heard them in person.

How would you compare the Dragula 2, to Fullsac X pipe with 2.5" cores?

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.