Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: King Tour-pak Mod  (Read 2996 times)

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
Re: King Tour-pak Mod
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 04:37:55 PM »

Top & bottom.
Darrell

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 05:57:51 PM »

Well cool beans.  I wouldn't be losing any space that I'm not already losing as I've got the liner in there to begin with.  If I'd been paying more (any?) attention I'd have noticed the indents in the liner and realized they were for the lights.  Thanks.

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 06:21:38 PM »

Twolane there is a felt type straight liner without the indents that is available from JP Cycles.  I have one installed in my chopped pack and it is much better than the H/D liner.  I also installed liners from the same manufacturer in the saddlebags for day to day use.
Darrell

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 07:09:30 PM »

I'm familiar with the liners you're describing.  Have just received the saddlebag versions last week.  Didn't notice a tour pak variant of the same product but wasn't really looking either as I'd already installed the HD product.  Good to know there's another option tough.

If the tour pak product is like the saddlebag pieces I've got here now it would definitely lay on top of the lights if used in your King pak with the lights installed?  Right?

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 08:24:09 PM »

It might but I think you would be better off using the moulded H/D version in combination with the lights. It would be much cleaner in the end.  I am pretty sure that the light kit comes complete with the moulded tourpak liner, at least mine did.
Darrell

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 09:39:16 PM »

Hey Darrell - your contributions to this site have been outstanding...no...awesome!!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 09:40:41 PM by pj57 »

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2005, 08:28:18 AM »

Thanks PJ for the kind words.  It is always nice to know the posts are useful & appreciated.  I will try to get to the bike on the weekend so I can see what I did.  I know that I used a seperate adjustable flasher unit for isolation & testing. I set the timing to match the panacea.  I don't remember how I connected it or where I bought it, that I will need to check.  It works fine and is an easy install but my original intent was to tap an output off the panacea for the exact timing and control the spoiler/tail-brake lights on the tourpak directly.  I just never got around to it. I was also working on converting the saddlebag spoilers to combination run & turn signals but ran out of time and decided it was a winter project.  There are at least a dozen more changes that I would like to make to the SEEG but I just cant seem to find the time.  Hopefully after I finish the other bike projects I am working on I will get to it.  In the meantime I will try to post some of the other changes I have made that I have yet to post.
Darrell

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 08:46:05 PM »

DarrellH - Absolutely great job on the full size tour pack. I spent too much on chrome. Will have to wait for a while till I add this great addition for two-up touring comfort.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2005, 03:06:31 PM »

One of the members here asked for some help with getting a paint mask done for the Sreamin Eagle insert on the wrap around light. I found the original art work that was used to make the mask. If anyone else needs it, PM me with your email address and I will email it to you.
Darrell
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.