Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hell Bound  (Read 5165 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Hell Bound
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 05:58:24 PM »

I wish they would legalize it here. Only the Jap bikes do it in my neck of the woods.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 06:00:11 PM »

Splitting lanes in DC or VA is Illegal so it is a mute point everywhere except Commiefornia
[/color]

That's gettin a wee bit personal don't you think. I'm just having a friendly chat here about riding and you're pullin a Sean Hannity on me

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 06:12:42 PM »

Sorry Not intended to offend :) However it is illegal to do everywhere else  in the  world :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:15:16 PM by VAZHOG »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 07:02:34 PM »

Since when does everyone drive completely legal? You see every infraction in the book on the road! I do my thing and try to be smart or I deal with the man! These rules are to collect money for them, not for my safety. Get the idiots off the road, or give tests, and then give the ones that pass their own lane, so we aren't in the same lanes as the rest of the idiots. Until then, I'll use my judgement and ride the way I want! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 08:04:44 PM »

Since when does everyone drive completely legal? You see every infraction in the book on the road! I do my thing and try to be smart or I deal with the man! These rules are to collect money for them, not for my safety. Get the idiots off the road, or give tests, and then give the ones that pass their own lane, so we aren't in the same lanes as the rest of the idiots. Until then, I'll use my judgement and ride the way I want! ;) Hoist! 8)
Wonder how many people I've had to scrape their remains up and put in body bags thought this same way? Also wonder if people on the road w/you are thinking the same thing about you? The things that make you go.... Hmmmm?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 08:12:14 PM »

Sorry Not intended to offend :) However it is illegal to do everywhere else  in the  world :)

Seems to me that Commiefornia as you call it allows it citizens more freedom than the Great Commonwealth of Virgina. Do I detect some " if I can't have it why should you " in these posts ?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 11:29:37 PM »

Don,
      I've been invited to attend driver reprogramming (traffic school) by the great state of California on several occasions in my 9 years here . On one occasion the class was taught by a CHP LT. He stated it differently than what you're saying, but yeah that's the gist of it. It's funny you say it that way, because I've gotten two tickets for riding in the breakdown lane and on both occasions the motor cop that nailed me said " if I can't do it you can't either "   LOL  

B B

Can't damn the guys for being honest about how they feel about it  :drink: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 11:31:29 PM »

I wish they would legalize it here. Only the Jap bikes do it in my neck of the woods.

Y'know what Q, if that were suddenly made legal anywhere else it'd just be an excuse for creating pasta out of the remains of bikes and riders.  Suddenly start allowing it among a driving population that's not used to it always having been part of their program and we'd be getting squished and swatted on a daily basis.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 08:37:39 AM »

Don it would keep you on your toes for sure.  :huepfenlol2:
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2007, 09:35:07 AM »

until somwone opens a door ( in D.C.) that is common  :vrolijk_24:

It is illegal (for the local folk, not law enforcement) to have, carry, possess ... firearms in DC.  But I've seen a couple of those being branished around there too.  I hate driving in DC anytime.  Maybe if I was better at directions it wouldn't be so bad, but the roads suck, the traffic sucks, people that are in vehicles mostly seem as though they are from other countries and autos were not common, everyone has their hand up to one ear while talking on the cell phone, checking emails on their palm pilot or blackberries, anything but really driving.  I don't think it could possibly be safe in an around DC, Nothern VA if lane splitting was made legal.  We can not only not split lanes, we are not to ride side by side in the same lane.  We are to maintain our own space. 

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 12:07:22 PM »

Thought you and some other VA bikers might find this article interesting.  I read it in the paper last year and was able to find it just now with a Google search.  I can't vouch for it's accuracy, but I do know who Capt. Bowman is.  I am keeping a copy now that I found it just in case.

This was in the May 11, 2006 edtion of the Washington Post. I have posted a link at the bottom of this thread.  If you search the Post archives you have to pay for it, but through Google I managed to get in for free.   ::)

I interpert this as meaning that unless the officer can attest that you were exactly even with the other bike (which seems to me to be an impossible task) you can ride abreast in VA without a problem.

Doug
----------------------------------
Motorcycle Rules
Dear Dr. Gridlock:

I have frequently observed Fairfax County motorcycle police officers riding side by side in a tight formation in a single traffic lane. According to Virginia law, motorcycle riders are required to ride in a staggered manner and keep a safe stopping distance between bikes.

Riding side by side creates a dangerous situation for the two officers and drivers in adjacent lanes. My question is, do the Fairfax motorcycle officers have some sort of exemption from the law?

Clyde Hall
Warrenton

Here is the response from Capt. J.F. Bowman, traffic commander for the Fairfax County Police Department:

"When operating on interstate and secondary highways, officers are taught . . . to ride adjacent to their partner in a slightly staggered formation. The officer on the left is the lead officer. This is done to accommodate communication between the officers and to enhance safety for them.

"When operating on rural or two-lane roadways with little or no shoulders, officers increase the staggered distance to provide an increased margin of safety.

"While Virginia Code 46.2-857 prohibits motorcycles from operating abreast in a single lane, the courts have held that any staggering, however slight, meets this
Code: [Select]
requirement."

Thanks for the clarification, captain.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/09/AR2006050901969_pf.html

"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 08:18:56 AM »

Hey Spiderman, just read your thread on yours and Beags 'hellbound' ride and it makes me wanna fire the ole 103 up today for my ride to the mtns.  Great ride report!  :coolblue: The traffic surfing is exhilarating, but ea. time I do it and live to ride another day, I look back on it as I do on most of my 'stupid' moves and wonder when my lucks gonna run out.  All it takes is one crazy and it's all over.  Ride safe and ride another day.  Also, glad to read the report of the VA side by side law.....I'm always wondering about it when riding thru VA.  That article helps me understand the interpretation. :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2007, 10:18:49 PM »

Love it...

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.