Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Hell Bound  (Read 5226 times)

SPIDERMAN

Hell Bound
« on: May 05, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »

Stop over to Beagle's house this morning after coffee. Gotta tell you my bro Beags was in need of a ride. He was off on a rant about the boys ( Dutch and Milo ) diggin up a plant or something. So I needed to run over to Moreland Choppers and pick up an Adjure flush axle I ordered for LD and convinced him to come along. Since the Kraken is only a mile from Moreland's we had to stop in for a Bloody. Well we got there and Hell Bound Choppers was having " an event "  After 40 years of this life my idea of an event is somewhat different than what was going on there, but nonetheless there was some nice bikes, nice folks and of course some female scenery to gaze at. After a couple of Bloody's off we went. We hit I-5 above Cardiff and there were 6 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic. Well as Big Daddy can tell you, that's the green light to let your freak hang out and ride SoCal style. Started out easy enough, maybe 60 mph weavin through traffic, then as the gaps between the cars got wider we stepped it up so by the time we got to Sorrento Valley and the exit for Highway 56 we were doing an easy 90 or so. Had to work through a couple of lights before we hit the 20 mile stretch of open highway on 56 between I-5 and I-15, but once we were clear of that it was  Hell Bound for sure. Watched my speedo needle go by 120 till it came to rest on the L of the words Harley-Davidson between 0 and 120 on the speedo. Ran the tach to 6200 in 4th, 5th and 6th just for the fun of it and still with one exception I was mostly hanging back watchin Beags run. Had to run it by him once just for pride's sake. My bro's been down for a bit and it was great to see the smile on his face and share the ride with him. Couldn't have asked for it to be any better

B B
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:43:22 PM by SPIDERMAN »

SPIDERMAN

Re: Hell Bound
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 05:19:04 PM »

Did I mention that at what I would guesstimate was 130+ mph, there was no wobble in Elvis ?  The top of the detachable windshield was bent over, my pant legs were about strippin the skin off my legs they were flappin so hard, the moisture in my eye sockets was streaming clear back to my neck, but no wobble. Didn't hear Beags complaining about his Cherry Bomb wobbling either. Is this an east coast problem ?  :nixweiss:

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 05:30:54 PM »

Did I mention that at what I would guesstimate was 130+ mph, there was no wobble in Elvis ?  The top of the detachable windshield was bent over, my pant legs were about strippin the skin off my legs they were flappin so hard, the moisture in my eye sockets was streaming clear back to my neck, but no wobble. Didn't hear Beags complaining about his Cherry Bomb wobbling either. Is this an east coast problem ?  :nixweiss:

B B

Sounds like a great ride today B B! That's cool that your bikes are fine at speed! Seems like your True Track's at work? I only get some front end wobble at speed around bumpy curves. You got them smooth CA roads! ;) A responsive front end is what these FL's have always needed. Besides, you can't put enough good racing chit on these bikes anyway! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 05:45:04 PM »

Howie,
        Elvis has Progressive 440's on the back and I'm gonna guess if I took the front forks apart they'd be anything but stock. This bike literally tears up the highway as far as handling is concerned. Beags and I weave in and out of traffic, sometimes lane surfing all 6 lanes at 100mph and I always feel like the Big E is there for me. While LD is a super comfortable long miler and has more power on the dyno chart than E, it's not in the same league as a blaster. If I ever punch Elvis up to 113, it'll be a monster. I'm actually afraid to do it because even with the 103 it's a killer bike. I think some of the way this bike runs is probably the DD6. The primary has been geared down and you know with only the leather bags and a windshield it's a lot lighter than a SEEG or SEUC. Whatever it is, it's a fun ride and always puts a smile on my face whether I'm cruisin 50 mph on PCH or blastin the needle off the speedo on a SoCal Freeway.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 06:01:57 PM »

Howie,
        Elvis has Progressive 440's on the back and I'm gonna guess if I took the front forks apart they'd be anything but stock. This bike literally tears up the highway as far as handling is concerned. Beags and I weave in and out of traffic, sometimes lane surfing all 6 lanes at 100mph and I always feel like the Big E is there for me. While LD is a super comfortable long miler and has more power on the dyno chart than E, it's not in the same league as a blaster. If I ever punch Elvis up to 113, it'll be a monster. I'm actually afraid to do it because even with the 103 it's a killer bike. I think some of the way this bike runs is probably the DD6. The primary has been geared down and you know with only the leather bags and a windshield it's a lot lighter than a SEEG or SEUC. Whatever it is, it's a fun ride and always puts a smile on my face whether I'm cruisin 50 mph on PCH or blastin the needle off the speedo on a SoCal Freeway.

B B

And that's all you can ask of it! If it's set up that well, leave it alone. It's tough to get everything just right. Sounds like you nailed it! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 08:01:33 PM »

Stop over to Beagle's house this morning after coffee. Gotta tell you my bro Beags was in need of a ride. He was off on a rant about the boys ( Dutch and Milo ) diggin up a plant or something. So I needed to run over to Moreland Choppers and pick up an Adjure flush axle I ordered for LD and convinced him to come along. Since the Kraken is only a mile from Moreland's we had to stop in for a Bloody. Well we got there and Hell Bound Choppers was having " an event "  After 40 years of this life my idea of an event is somewhat different than what was going on there, but nonetheless there was some nice bikes, nice folks and of course some female scenery to gaze at. After a couple of Bloody's off we went. We hit I-5 above Cardiff and there were 6 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic. Well as Big Daddy can tell you, that's the green light to let your freak hang out and ride SoCal style. Started out easy enough, maybe 60 mph weavin through traffic, then as the gaps between the cars got wider we stepped it up so by the time we got to Sorrento Valley and the exit for Highway 56 we were doing an easy 90 or so. Had to work through a couple of lights before we hit the 20 mile stretch of open highway on 56 between I-5 and I-15, but once we were clear of that it was  Hell Bound for sure. Watched my speedo needle go by 120 till it came to rest on the L of the words Harley-Davidson between 0 and 120 on the speedo. Ran the tach to 6200 in 4th, 5th and 6th just for the fun of it and still with one exception I was mostly hanging back watchin Beags run. Had to run it by him once just for pride's sake. My bro's been down for a bit and it was great to see the smile on his face and share the ride with him. Couldn't have asked for it to be any better

B B

BIG B,  EVERYTHING OK  :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 08:23:34 PM »

BIG B,  EVERYTHING OK  :nixweiss:

yeah Beagle's been on the mend from his back surgery  It'll be 6 weeks Tuesday, so I figured I'd drag him out of the house. He was grinnin from ear to ear when I left him after our " Hell Bound " ride

B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 01:46:12 PM »

Brian and/or Matt,

So the question Beags to ask I mean begs to ask,   Once Beags figured out the new power bands how quick was the bike?   Are you going to attribute all the new found power to the new PIPES hahaha.   Has Matt turned the Hookers into a table or an ornament yet?

Brian, glad you dragged him out and had a good time, thats what its all about isn't it.    Now you need to get Allen out and see if he can keep up with the 2 of you.  Someone needs to put Mackies work to the test.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 02:34:58 PM »

Brian and/or Matt,

So the question Beags to ask I mean begs to ask,   Once Beags figured out the new power bands how quick was the bike?   Are you going to attribute all the new found power to the new PIPES hahaha.   Has Matt turned the Hookers into a table or an ornament yet?

Brian, glad you dragged him out and had a good time, thats what its all about isn't it.    Now you need to get Allen out and see if he can keep up with the 2 of you.  Someone needs to put Mackies work to the test.

It's Hank and believe me we're both itching to have him go at it. Just gotta cut his wife (Matt's sister) off at the pass with the honeydo list she gives him every Saturday.

B B

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 03:32:32 PM »

I can attest to the handling of Elvis.It runs and rides beautiful. Lane splitting at 100 plus is sweet.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 05:35:04 PM »

I can attest to the handling of Elvis.It runs and rides beautiful. Lane splitting at 100 plus is sweet.

until somwone opens a door ( in D.C.) that is common  :vrolijk_24:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 05:48:29 PM »

until somwone opens a door ( in D.C.) that is common  :vrolijk_24:

It's legal, even encourage by the CHP in California between the 1 & 2 lanes. Someone opens a door they're on the hook big time.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 05:51:31 PM »

It's legal, even encourage by the CHP in California between the 1 & 2 lanes. Someone opens a door they're on the hook big time.

B B

Brian, do you know if it's true or just urban legend that the CHP lobbies against the legislature changing this primarily so that they can keep doing it themselves without having to throw on lights and sirens?

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 05:54:50 PM »

B B

Splitting lanes in DC or VA is Illegal so it is a mute point everywhere except Commiefornia

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 05:57:56 PM »

Brian, do you know if it's true or just urban legend that the CHP lobbies against the legislature changing this primarily so that they can keep doing it themselves without having to throw on lights and sirens?

Don,
      I've been invited to attend driver reprogramming (traffic school) by the great state of California on several occasions in my 9 years here . On one occasion the class was taught by a CHP LT. He stated it differently than what you're saying, but yeah that's the gist of it. It's funny you say it that way, because I've gotten two tickets for riding in the breakdown lane and on both occasions the motor cop that nailed me said " if I can't do it you can't either "   LOL  

B B
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 26 queries.