Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Trailer Recommendation  (Read 4145 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Trailer Recommendation
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 02:18:48 PM »

Really nice trailer.  But, since it appears the bikes must go in side by side (not staggered), and the interior width is 80", I don't see how two Ultras could fit without the fairings touching.

Dak; the Haulmark Edge must be staggered too..In left to right and out right to left.  The cabinets are nice too.
Do you need any pics?

Miker

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 04:15:33 PM »

Hey Miker,

Thanks for the offer but I don't need any pics.  I've been on their web site.  I'm leaning towards either the Haulmark or Roadmaster low profile 7x12 or 7x14 trailers.  I know that the bikes must be staggered in a 7' wide trailer, that is why I don't see how two Ultras could possibly fit in one of the Ironhorse Trailers.  The chocks seem to be side by side in the pictures.

Dakotazeb

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 04:34:03 PM »

Hey Miker,

Thanks for the offer but I don't need any pics.  I've been on their web site.  I'm leaning towards either the Haulmark or Roadmaster low profile 7x12 or 7x14 trailers.  I know that the bikes must be staggered in a 7' wide trailer, that is why I don't see how two Ultras could possibly fit in one of the Ironhorse Trailers.  The chocks seem to be side by side in the pictures.

Dakotazeb
DZ,
I know it looks like the chocks are equidistant but they are actually staggered and can be positioned by pre drilled holes specifically to the length of your bike (bikes). With two ultras I have the spare tire in front I usually remove so don't have chance for fenders to rub on spare.  I don't have pix of two ultras in carrier, but I will try to get some if you have any interest. john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 08:13:44 PM »

Hey Miker,

Dakotazeb

The 14 can carry coolers, extra beer, gas, tools, tires and whathave you...It is like buying a gun safe...Get one bigger than you think you need.
I kinda wish I had gone to a 4 bike (I have 4) but room in the yard was a issue.

Im sure either is good, is there a big dollar difference between the 2?, my edge was around 45hun I think. I liked the no rivet on the exterior, it is easier to wax.

I do like storing them in the trailer because no dust...They come out clean.  Good luck.

Miker

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 09:11:13 PM »

DZ,
pix from their website, it is close, I usually take the saddle bags off. The offset in mine is 7 inches (front to back) difference. john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 08:21:40 AM »

I have a 7X16 V nose Featherlite all aluminum (including frame).
I had a Pace (1999) before and went through 3 sets of panels which rotted out due to dissimilar metals (aluminum against steel) and the salt they use on the roads in the winter.
I haul 3 bike very easy with it. Whatever you go with, don't skimp on the wheel chocks, I have Bike Pro...they are a bit pricey, but well worth every cent.
The all aluminum trailers of any brand are worth the extra...they last forever PLUS easy to sell when its time to upgrade or get out.
IMHO
JD

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 02:27:17 PM »

I have an 8'x14' Thule Aluminum with v-nose...no Staggering of bikes necessary...except for the third which tucks up nicely into the v-nose...

I have a 7X16 V nose Featherlite all aluminum (including frame).
I had a Pace (1999) before and went through 3 sets of panels which rotted out due to dissimilar metals (aluminum against steel) and the salt they use on the roads in the winter.
I haul 3 bike very easy with it. Whatever you go with, don't skimp on the wheel chocks, I have Bike Pro...they are a bit pricey, but well worth every cent.
The all aluminum trailers of any brand are worth the extra...they last forever PLUS easy to sell when its time to upgrade or get out.
IMHO
JD
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 07:23:45 AM »

I have a Haulmark 6X12 enclosed trailer.  Is just big enough for one Ultra.  Might be able to fir something smaller in there with it, but it would be tight.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 07:49:32 PM »

I also have an aluminum Thule. Living by the shore I wanted to avoid the tin.

Mine is the low model, 6.5 by 12 with a vee.

This is the minimun you need for two ultras. It is snug but sufficient. I had recessed chocks mounted when I bought the trailer, but have since replaced them with Bike Pro chocks. I have two chocks and 3 mounting plates.

Somewhere on the sire here I have several pictures of the trailer.

One of the many options on my trailer was an additional 6" of height, giving me an even 6' on the inside.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 08:02:14 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 08:02:29 PM »

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 25 queries.