Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Check Engine Light Mystery  (Read 7485 times)

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Check Engine Light Mystery
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 06:49:31 AM »

Thanks Chief and RandySEI2 for the additional feedback.  I'll probably try Jerry's suggestion to disconnect the battery for a few minutes or stop by the dealer and see if he'd do me a favor and reset it as it would be nice to know what it was.

Thanks for all the help,

Blue
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 06:55:51 AM »

Hobo,

Your trailer sounds cool and yes things are getting close for Sturgis.  I am hauling with three other guys from our local club in Northern VA and would be happy to try to catch up sometime.  This is the first time I've gone to Sturgis, the other three have been going together for several years.  It would be great fun to catch up with the CVO forum brethern, maybe you could start another thread with some ideas of times/locations and we can get something set up.  A gathering picture would be great for this forum. 
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

mrigeo

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 11:48:26 AM »

Good idea Blue!! a picture of SERGs from around the country would be great. This will be my first trek to Sturgis also. :apple:

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

Good idea Blue!! a picture of SERGs from around the country would be great. This will be my first trek to Sturgis also. :apple:

I will talk to Scooterhair and we will start a thread, I'm sure that there will be several more of us from the CVO group that may want to join in. This will be my second year, Scooter and his wife have been going for several years and know their way around very well, I have been accused of being directionally challanged, so I just follow Scooter and Val, when they turn, I turn, I can so that without getting lost. Anyway, I'll get him to pick a time and a spot or if someone else jumps in first and picks one we can go with that. See Ya.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 12:12:51 PM »

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14833.0

I guess I should have looked first. Check this thread out. What do you think?

Hobo

mrigeo

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »

Hobo,
I just saw the other thread, guess we can tag along. Would be great to secure some parking for our CVOs and take some photos. Probably not much chance of that happening, given the crowd. Still would be good to meet some of you and put faces to screen names. :2vrolijk_21: Oh, and the beer, can't forget the beer :drink: :drink:
George

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 04:05:36 PM »

Mrigeo,
   We can figure out a way to get some pictures, we may have to go around the corner, off of the main drag, but I wouldn't mind getting a shot of our SERGs all lined up. Hopefully we'll see you there.

Hobo

mrigeo

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »

I'm with you. I'll PM you my cell number.

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 11:11:11 PM »

Thanks to one of my buds from the local Harley club, I was able to "read" the trouble codes (counting the check engine light blinks) and two codes were displayed, first 56 followed by 41.  Does anyone have an Electrical Diagnostic Manual or a table of the codes pertinent to the SERG?

thanks for everyone's input and help,

Blue

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

Re: Check Engine Light Mystery - Reset Historic Codes
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 05:51:48 PM »

Read the historic codes and reset them by disconnecting the battery.  Bike continues to run great, the check engine light is no longer cycling a second time, so all's well that ends well and no $$ to the dealer  :2vrolijk_21: .  Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

Blue

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 05:56:46 PM »

On the Sturgis meet, I'm with HOBO and MRIGEO, it would be nice to have all the SERG's together for a pix if we could pull it off without looking like CVO snobs  ::).  Look forward to seeing a bunch of the finest looking bikes ever made....

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 07:24:13 PM »

Thanks to one of my buds from the local Harley club, I was able to "read" the trouble codes (counting the check engine light blinks) and two codes were displayed, first 56 followed by 41.  Does anyone have an Electrical Diagnostic Manual or a table of the codes pertinent to the SERG?

thanks for everyone's input and help,

Blue
Blue,

Not certain, but I believe the 56 code is for rear cylinder, no combustion. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »

Blue,

Not certain, but I believe the 56 code is for rear cylinder, no combustion. 

Jerry

As I recall that was the same code (56) I got for rear cylinder misfire (no combustion).  Most common code as far as I know for the 02's at least and its an old stored code.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 11:57:19 AM »

it would be nice to have all the SERG's together for a pix if we could pull it off without looking like CVO snobs  ::)

[/quote]

We'll figure sometheing out, and if somebody thinks I'm a snob, well, as it's been said, "F%*kem and feed em' fish heads"

Hobo

mrigeo

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 12:01:32 PM »

with enough beer :drink: :drink: everybody will be happy!!!
No snobs. It's Strugis, let's party :mango:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.