Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: opinions wanted  (Read 2515 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: opinions wanted
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 01:18:43 PM »

Got to agree with Hubbard on this one. Dealer done wrong, but until anything gets shakey from the buyer, I wouldn't worry. Buyer is prob a regular scooter dude just wanting to enjoy his new ride. 2 wrongs don't make it right. With that said, shame on the stealer for bad behavior!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »

You guys been doin' coke?  Little, how you say, "paranoy" ain't 'ya?  Unless the guy was wearin' sandals and had a towell wrapped around his head, what's the big deal?  Can't believe you guys would lawyer up over some chit as this.  :nixweiss: Later--HUBBARD   

EXACTLY!!!
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 06:19:01 PM »

I dont know.... yeah.. the dealer should not have made your service records available to the potential buyer.... he could however tell him what work was done and when... or taken the printed records and permanent marker-ed over your info....

For me, I keep detailed records of all maintenance performed. every receipt for parts that are applied to the vehicle go into a binder that travels with the vehicle when it leaves me....

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 08:43:11 PM »

Got to agree with Hubbard on this one. Dealer done wrong, but until anything gets shakey from the buyer, I wouldn't worry. Buyer is prob a regular scooter dude just wanting to enjoy his new ride. 2 wrongs don't make it right. With that said, shame on the stealer for bad behavior!!
+Agree with 2ksoftail and Hubbard...WTF was dealer thinking!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »

Spoke to the sales manager and general manager today after work. They agreed that this shouldn't have happened and some better 'training' is needed regarding the release of service records and the personal info they contain.

If you feel I'm paraniod I'll have this dude call you... then perhaps you'll have a better understanding of the creepy feeling he gives me. I spoke to him in person at the dealer as a favor to the sales staff there and I WASN'T comfortable talking to him -- not someone I would socialize with to any extent. Therefore, yes it bugs me that he has my address and phone number - just seems to be the kind of person to show up at the door someday --  uninvited. He means no harm of course but it's just wierd....

If I wanted the buyer to know my phone number and where I live and I would have sold the thing privately and taken my chances with the occasional oddball showing up. This is not what I desired and was one of the reasons to trade it in and settle for a liitle less cash and a LOT less bull.

Any way it seems he asked for the service records and while the salesman was getting them - and removing the identifying info - he felt it was taking to long and went directly to the service dept and said "I'm buying this bike, can I see the service history" now remember, at this point he had NOT purchased the bike yet..
The service writter proceeded to give him copies of all the work orders and such without knowing that the policy was to 'black out" any customer info - not to mention technician service notes ect...The salesman knew this happened but didn't feel the need to warn me that the guy had my info - maybe he felt he covered his a** by asking me to talk to the guy, albeit after the fact.

The sales manager said they usually act as a 'go between' if the buyer wants the prior owners phone number or other contact info, meaning they would ask before handing out your number ect..

I guess there is not much I can do at this point, I really suffered no damage other than a queesy feeling and an upset spouse so at this point I'm hoping this is the end.

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Half_Crazy

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 06:46:21 AM »

If you feel like you're gonna be looking over your shoulder for this guy, you should probably just have him killed and get it over with...

Seriously, he's probably not a staker or a serial killer. Just some random dude. It's not a problem until it becomes a problem, right?

The dealership f'ed up, but it can't be undone.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 09:23:44 AM »

You guys been doin' coke?  Little, how you say, "paranoy" ain't 'ya?  Unless the guy was wearin' sandals and had a towell wrapped around his head, what's the big deal?  Can't believe you guys would lawyer up over some chit as this.  :nixweiss: Later--HUBBARD    

Hub, - i dont think its a matter of paranoa but rather the fact the guy is already calling his home - uninvited. Some folks, myself included, prefer to keep things personal and private. In fact there are customer privacy laws that are suppose to protect us in these situations, and here, the dealership broke that law. The point is; the dealership does/did not respect the privacy of their customers..... and that's BS   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:27:03 AM by cvobiker »

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 09:55:31 AM »

I bought a bike from local dealer and a week later I asked for the service records to it as it was a "local trade". Well he did me one better, he said to hangout cause the pervious owner was picking up his new scooter in a few minutes. Well the guy showed and as he was standing there talking to my sales guy I walked up and got an intro and the guy handed his service records to Sales guy who infront of the other guy, handed them to me. Everything but his CC number. So now I have his info, if I do have a question the right thing to do is ask him. How I go about that is really where good form can be shown, or disrespect. I asked at the time if I ever had a ? should I ask the sales guy or him and he said direct was ok. Not having spoken on the subject, I would have gone to dealer. Not my first ride, not concerned as much, having all the service records, whatever the reason, I don't feel the need. The other guy in the OP piece should have gone to the sales guy to ask if he, the excited new Harley guy could have OP speak to him. But come on, unless the OP has some job that makes his privacy a safety issue, this is someone like alot of us, that just loves the Freedom that comes with "being in the wind". Perhaps this should be an opportunity to bring another convert into the family as opposed making him feel less than welcomed if that turned out to be the case. Either way, if u feel unsafe, right or wrong, that needs to be addressed with responsible parties, which I think, has been done here.
I don't mind if people that own my old bikes call or contact me, nice to keep track of them in my mind, but then I live in a transparent way and am easy to find. Privicy from the Goverment is something that I actually fear however.
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »

Personally, i think you let them off pretty easy!  You are a much more patient man than myself for sure!.  I run a car dealership and man we would be giving all kinds of free stuff trying to avoid a law suit, and we are the farthest thing from arrogant.  Maybe you have a great relatioship with the dealer?  If so, I think you did the right thing.  My experience with HD dealers is that their chit don't stink and you follow thier rules.  I would have at least taken the opportunity to make sure they at least address me by Mr.  for the rest of my days...but then again, I suffer from short man syndrome? :bananarock:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

C2CRider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »

I would of told tales, said the bike is a POS, ask to see the records than not give them back, I agree with the guy and I too would be pissed.  The sales person / dealership screwed up.  Don't need a lawyer to kick sand, but I would make their name public and the sales person too. 

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 04:11:51 PM »

The same thing happened to me, but I was on the other end. I was "thinking" about buying an '09 SERG from SoCal. I asked the dealer if he would send me a copy of stuff the guy had added and service work. The sales guy sends me all the dudes personal info, I was pretty amazed. It actually crossed my mind to call the guy because I had some questions, just couldn't bring myself to do it.

This is one of those things that sucks, but can't be undone. You can yell and scream all you want, but that is not going to do a thing. For the most part I think you handled it right. The dealer GM could call the guy and tell him they screwed up and ask him to not call you but the dealer. My concern would be if this thing grenades next week is he going to come knocking on your door.

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 12:33:27 AM »

If the guy calls you again just explain that he purchased the bike from the dealer, not you and not to bother you anymore.

I would also invest in a service such as Lifelock
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 25 queries.