Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: opinions wanted  (Read 2550 times)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
opinions wanted
« on: May 17, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »

O.K. as some of you may have noticed I recently traded in my 2006 HD Ultra for a brand spankin new 2011 CVO ultra - Love the new ride, thats not the issue. The following is.....
Walk into said dealer to check on some parts I ordered and get some fresh shop supplies. so far so good.

A salesman whom I don't know aproaches me and states " I have this guy looking to buy the bike you traded and he has some questions about it, do you mind talking to him"
So I think ahhh what the heck, this dealership is my semi-regular hangout and they have always done me right so ..."sure I'll talk to him"

Now it gets unnerving --- this guy who I don't know has ALL MY SERVICE RECORDS IN HIS HAND -- AND RIGHT THERE ON THE TOP OF EVERY PAGE IS MY PERSONAL INFO -- NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER ECT...I try not to overreact and answer his questions about the bikes history and how well it served the wife and I and I go home -- FUMING --

Well tonight this clown calls me AT HOME and siaz "I bought your old bike" the whole conversation is basically a blur because at this point and I'm PI****ED off to no end. The wife is LIVID... Not a good time.  I want to calm down before I go back to said dealership and kick someones A** - literally. Perahap a loss of my future service work will reitterate the point....

I'l probably will try and maintain a cool head and tell them that in the future if they want to show a potential buyer a bikes service history they MUST REDACT ALL PERSONAL INFO ---

Christ I really hope this dude is NOT unstable  :nixweiss: - if he shows up at my door I WILL need bail money.

SO how would you proceed from here?????
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: opinions wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »

O.K. as some of you may have noticed I recently traded in my 2006 HD Ultra for a brand spankin new 2011 CVO ultra - Love the new ride, thats not the issue. The following is.....
Walk into said dealer to check on some parts I ordered and get some fresh shop supplies. so far so good.

A salesman whom I don't know aproaches me and states " I have this guy looking to buy the bike you traded and he has some questions about it, do you mind talking to him"
So I think ahhh what the heck, this dealership is my semi-regular hangout and they have always done me right so ..."sure I'll talk to him"

Now it gets unnerving --- this guy who I don't know has ALL MY SERVICE RECORDS IN HIS HAND -- AND RIGHT THERE ON THE TOP OF EVERY PAGE IS MY PERSONAL INFO -- NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER ECT...I try not to overreact and answer his questions about the bikes history and how well it served the wife and I and I go home -- FUMING --

Well tonight this clown calls me AT HOME and siaz "I bought your old bike" the whole conversation is basically a blur because at this point and I'm PI****ED off to no end. The wife is LIVID... Not a good time.  I want to calm down before I go back to said dealership and kick someones A** - literally. Perahap a loss of my future service work will reitterate the point....

I'l probably will try and maintain a cool head and tell them that in the future if they want to show a potential buyer a bikes service history they MUST REDACT ALL PERSONAL INFO ---

Christ I really hope this dude is NOT unstable  :nixweiss: - if he shows up at my door I WILL need bail money.

SO how would you proceed from here?????

That's pretty far out of bounds.  Perhaps a letter sent to them on your lawyer's letterhead would make your feelings clear....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »

That's pretty far out of bounds.  Perhaps a letter sent to them on your lawyer's letterhead would make your feelings clear....

The wife and I thought that also - I wanted to add delivering said letter in person to let them fully appreciate the error of their ways.

I sincerely hope this was a 'new' salesman making a mistake and not 'normal' procedure because if something happens they are really setting themselves up for a whole lot of legal trouble
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 09:15:57 PM »

Whenever I have bought a used bike from the dealer the deal for contacting the previous owner went this way:

I give my name and # to the dealer who in turn calls the PO and has them call me.

Service records are copies with none, zero of the owners information on it.

Your dealers salesman is an idiot, he should have never released your information without written consent.

My take on it.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 09:47:21 PM »

How do you proceed.....Get a lawyer!  That's nuts....theres a federal law, its call sarbane oxley.  If you don't want to go that route, I would call the owner or the General Manager and pin him against the wall and ask him what's he going to do about this!  Hopefully nothing goes wrong with your old bike!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 09:54:18 PM »

How do you proceed.....Get a lawyer!  That's nuts....theres a federal law, its call sarbane oxley.  If you don't want to go that route, I would call the owner or the General Manager and pin him against the wall and ask him what's he going to do about this!  Hopefully nothing goes wrong with your old bike!

I agree!

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:03:24 PM »

I have to agree with all of the above. I can't believe anyone at the dealership would be so stupid because thats asking for a lawsuit. If you saw the guy with your old bike and struck up a conversation with him it would be totally different but for them to give out your info is a breach of your privacy.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »

Nothing like

Waiting for that call on a Friday nite asking if you knew the valve train was making noise?

Not sure if there is any real recourse, but is surely unprofessional.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:14:04 PM by Keats »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »

Its like a recipe for a biker horror movie.  I just watched Cape Fear.
Jesus is Lord

drod2020

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: flhrse3
    • CVO2: 07 flstn
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »

I agree a letter from your lawyer is the best way to get you point across however, I believe you said it best about keeping a cool head.  Hope it all works out.

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 08:37:22 AM »

Shoot, I just wanted to know what oil u used??? From now on I will just call your work or cell number if I have any other issues.  ;)
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 08:44:14 AM »

I'm a little confused here because service records, the way I know them,   :nixweiss: can't be printed with a particular customers personal information. Did the sales guy actually handwrite your personal info on the service records and hand that to guy that bought your used bike??  If so, I would go for blood, that is total BS  >:(

oldrocker

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2011 FLTRUSE Fullsac X-pipe, Andrews 54 Cams, Fu
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »

You certainly are justified in being pissed! It might be a green sales person's stupid mistake (one could hope). When I traded in my last bike the guy that bought it had a few questions of me. The dealer did print out all the maintenance and sales invoices related to that bike but had blocked all my personal information from appearing and acted as the go between. If this happened to me, I would request a meeting with the dealership's owner and GM and raise some major he*%. Let's face it, your personal information has already been compromised so now what are they going to do for you to try and make up for their incompetence. A lawyer is just going to take your money and you may well do better keeping a cool head and getting some closure on your own. Just my opinion. Good luck (and I would be really ticked myself for the record).

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »

I agree with contacting the GM and tell him you want a background check on this guy and explain your situation.  This could make for an uncomfortable/unpleasant time with the new owner or it could mean nothing either way what they did was wrong and they should fix this .  The GM should take care of this ASAP.

Good Luck  

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »

You guys been doin' coke?  Little, how you say, "paranoy" ain't 'ya?  Unless the guy was wearin' sandals and had a towell wrapped around his head, what's the big deal?  Can't believe you guys would lawyer up over some chit as this.  :nixweiss: Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.