Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SEEG IN SHORT SUPPLY  (Read 2650 times)

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
Re: SEEG IN SHORT SUPPLY
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 02:44:41 PM »

now a colletors items would have been those baseball cards I threw away when i was 6 years old that came with that flat bubblegum - made cool sounds on the spokes on my (collectors item) schwinn stingray blue bicycle with slick and apehanger's - my yellow - clicking off miles and won't look back - never gave a thought to it as a collectors item to make money on it - riding the HE-- outa it and put it away dry

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 09:37:03 PM »

I'm ridin' the &^%* outta mine in the here and now! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Amen brother Mobe; amen.  [smiley=7.gif]

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 01:25:58 PM »

I personally have NEVER lost money on harley purchase, irregardless of the mileage on your  scooter the longer you own a LIMITED PRODUCTION model it will appreciate, obviously condition is a factor. Look at the history for all harley LIMITED PRODUCTION models and you will see what I say is true. Now if you own the scooter for a very short time and you paid more then MSRP you're F@#Ked so keep it for years.  The electric glide model is 40 years old this year ('65 first year) cost about $1800, what's that worth today in good condition with a million miles, 15-20K and believe it or not the production numbers for those bikes are  higher than CVO's. I bought my first sportster in '77 for $1600 I sold it a year later for $2000 with a bad tranny (the buyer knew). [smiley=confused5.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 10:52:22 PM »

I have had several Harleys and the ones I kept longer, I made money. I sold my 03 Ultra
(to buy my SEEG) on consignment and still broke even. As long as I am planning on keeping my SEEG, it should be worth MEGA bucks. [smiley=laugh.gif]

bruz

• YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A HARLEY
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2005, 09:52:52 PM »

My friend thinks that when they are all gone for 2005 that is when someone would really want one and he thinks that they would pay a good premium price for it. But who would know the answer to this? Harley may decide to make another 1000 or so. He wants to know how to find this out and I told him he would have to call all the Harley dealers to know what they have left.
LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE!

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 01:30:17 AM »

My friend thinks that when they are all gone for 2005 that is when someone would really want one and he thinks that they would pay a good premium price for it. But who would know the answer to this? Harley may decide to make another 1000 or so. He wants to know how to find this out and I told him he would have to call all the Harley dealers to know what they have left.

Read my post on page 1, when they are gone, they are gone. H-D is getting ready for 06 models. The "Limited production" part of the CVO bikes is partly what makes them so desireable. I wanted an 04 SEEG, couldn't find one, then saw the new 05 cherry color and went for it. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 01:31:13 AM by tonys »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.