Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SEEG IN SHORT SUPPLY  (Read 2666 times)

bruz

• YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A HARLEY
SEEG IN SHORT SUPPLY
« on: March 31, 2005, 09:47:47 PM »

I Have been told by several dealers that the seeg's were getting in short supply. I understand that only 3500 were only going to be built in the 3 colors. Most dealers are out of the blue,some have a few cherry and yellows are just now coming in. Some people think they will be much more valuable after they are all gone and others do not. I would like comments on this subject from you members. If these bikes were numbered I might believe they could be of value,but they are not numbered. How do we know that HD will not make 3500 more if the demand is there. Let me know what you think of this situation and we'll play it by ear.
LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: SEEG IN SHORT SUPPLY
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 09:57:04 PM »

MFG,

This one is for you...bring it on....

Dick

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 10:08:06 PM »

Bruz welcome to the site. [smiley=beerchug.gif]  In short order, the SEEGs are holding there value pretty well.......look at those that are being sold.

Historically, HD makes each model for two years in a row and then changes to another model.  Also, each model they've made more than the model before.

They're defianetly going to keep their value better than any other model of HD. JMHO
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mackcr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 10:11:59 PM »

The CVO bikes will hold their value more than standard bikes if you don't rack up the miles...but what fun would that be.  If you like it, buy it and ride the **** out of it! Forget the resale value.

[smiley=beerchug.gif]

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 10:55:23 PM »

The CVO bikes will hold their value more than standard bikes if you don't rack up the miles...but what fun would that be.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 07:21:01 AM »

Well, I guess I've shot the resale on my SEEG since I put 20K miles on it the 1st year.  But, I'm with you on the reason for buying it ......... to enjoy!  I'll have to find something else to 'invest' in other than the re-sale of the SE.   [smiley=toff.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 07:39:52 AM »

Keeping the miles off might help them hold their value, but I think it'll be a cold day in you-know-where before you'll make money on one of these, no matter how low the miles are.  Yeah, there was a window where you could do that in the first few months when the '04s came out, but those days are over.  Spyder's right, if you want to make a few bucks, better to put your $30K elsewhere and go cruise around in your cage for a few years while it grows.  If you do, you'll probably have more $$$s than the rest of us who are out racking up miles on our great SEEGs, but geesh, what a miserable existance!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 11:57:06 AM »

What he Said!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 11:59:10 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

bruz

• YOU MEET THE NICEST PEOPLE ON A HARLEY
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 10:58:53 PM »

Bruz welcome to the site. [smiley=beerchug.gif]  In short order, the SEEGs are holding there value pretty well.......look at those that are being sold.

Historically, HD makes each model for two years in a row and then changes to another model.  Also, each model they've made more than the model before.

They're defianetly going to keep their value better than any other model of HD. JMHO

I have a friend that would like to find one and store it. What would it be worth with no miles and an Mso?
LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 02:38:32 AM »

What would it be worth with no miles and an Mso?

I think maybe a better question would be "how long before having a bike that's been kept a virgin gains any significant extra value?"

The trouble is for an oddity like it would be it'll be one of those cases for which there is no specific market or market value.  It's "value" will always only be based on the luck of finding the right guy with the right interest at the right time.  Doing as you're describing really makes it stop being a motorcycle and start being a novelty piece of some kind.  And you just can't pre-judge values for stuff like that.

On another spin of this topic; while I guess I can understand intellectually the motivation behind thinking (probably incorrectly) that you're creating some kind of great instrument of appreciation by storing a bike or a car like that emotionally I just don't get it.  With the old cars I completely respect the efforts of the guys that have the trailer queens.  I really do.  But the "fun" of it just escapes me.  If I can't put my butt in the seat I just don't want it.

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 10:01:07 AM »

I think maybe a better question would be "how long before having a bike that's been kept a virgin gains any significant extra value?"

The trouble is for an oddity like it would be it'll be one of those cases for which there is no specific market or market value.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 10:01:36 AM by tonys »

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 10:39:28 AM »

[smiley=dunce2.gif]I fell into the "collectors" mindset with one of my anniversary bikes.  I had bought two (one Ultra and one Fat Boy)  I figured I could retire off of an anniversary Fat Boy with 4 miles on it someday.  

Saved the box and EVERYTHING!  One day I went to the dealer to buy oil and saw 5 OTHER two-tone ULTRAS JUST LIKE MINE parked outside!  In a moment of clarity, I realized how stupid I was being.  Went home chopped up that Fat Boy to the way I liked it, and rode the chit out of it.  And I guess by the fact that 2003 H-Ds tend to sell for less than 2002's I musta made the right decision.  

I'm certain that the 16 months or whatever that they made 03's didn't help (cutting into 04 production).  And why? GREED.    

The way I see it, 04's are the collectables... the only short production year  [smiley=laugh.gif]

LBI-DTW

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 11:41:41 AM »

DJW is right on "Collectors" Bike.

Had a 2003 FLHRCI dumped  few$$$ more thousands into it thinking this would be a collectors bike. My what awaking when I was in Sturgis 2004. I had the bike up for sale to see what I could get for the bike.  How about zero takers,, Lots of offers but not close to what I thought I could get for the bike.  Walking around Sturgis looking at bikes counted 200 FLHRCI in one day. That took care of my thinking of Collectors Bike.
Rode the H out of it the rest of the riding season.
Traded it in on a seeg2.
Buy the bike and ride the h out of it and have fun doing it.
Who cares it's only money.  
LBI-DTW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 01:04:35 PM »

I've been of the belief that the 03 "Anniversary" bikes were the biggest carnival barker's scam seen in awhile.  Before they got close to release the scuttlebutt was that 100th Anniversary bikes were going to be something special and unique.  I'd even put down a deposit for one.

Then we found out the entire production schedule was going to be "special."  There ain't nothing special about everything.  Got my deposit back and didn't worry about it.  Then at state rallies or other HOG events for 18 months it seemed like every other bike you saw was a someone's 100th anniversary bike and I was sooo glad I didn't get one.

They must have lost their panache in a hurry too as the last year or so you don't see nearly as many of them in the crowds as you did two years ago.  If I had one I'd have been painting or tin-swapping just because they looked like every other bike you saw.

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 02:09:55 PM »

I got lucky on mine, (2003 FLSTCI), and got what I paid for it plus a couple of hundred bucks. That was after riding 14,000 miles in a little over a year. Of course I didn't get my money back for the accessories, but I didn't expect to. I don't expect anybody else to pay up for my personal idea of how a bike should be set up.
 I think that the fact that it was pearl white instead of the very common black and silver helped quite a bit.
 My thinking is that if you want to buy a bike and not ride it and keep the miles off of it until its worth a bunch of money, that's not a problem. But by that time you'll be a 90 year old dude and whoever buys it from you will be the one who will actually profit from it. I don't know about you guys but I'm not willing to store a bike at my expense so that some guy can get rich off of it in 50 years.  I'm ridin' the &^%* outta mine in the here and now! [smiley=beerchug.gif]
MObe
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 24 queries.