Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Quick ? WASHING  (Read 3008 times)

jmorton10

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Quick ? WASHING
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 09:04:12 PM »

For anyone planning on buying an air force dryer(or any of the similar units), you can get them a lot cheaper if you find a place that sells dog grooming supplies.  Dog groomers use those exact same units to dry off dogs they are washing.

I have one I use on my bike(works great, the hot filtered air is the key)& I saved over $75 on it by buying it from a grooming supply house.  I don't remember where I got it, but I found it doing a google search for grooming supplies.

~John

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2005, 01:11:19 AM »

Yo All,
I purchased one of the spot free Mr. Clean car wash kits, store offered me money back if I was not satisfied.  I gotta tell ya, it works pretty darn good.  Trick is, use regular hose and such to wash the bike, then hook up the Mr. Clean to apply some Mr. Clean soap then spot free rinse.  Reason is that Mr. Clean uses a filter that cost bout $6 and only last 10 washes, if ya use the above method, you can use it a lot longer.  The filter removes any impurities and minerals in the water.   Also the Mr. Clean has very little jet spray even in the wash mode.  Funny to think bout that after spendin $30k on the darn cycle!  he he ..........Anyhow, you wash the bike good, follow the spot free rinse directions, and in bout 15 minutes to 30 minutes later, dang near spot free.  I do take the leaf blower and do a quicky on the dash area and motor.
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 04:36:02 AM »

For anyone planning on buying an air force dryer(or any of the similar units), you can get them a lot cheaper if you find a place that sells dog grooming supplies.  Dog groomers use those exact same units to dry off dogs they are washing.

I have one I use on my bike(works great, the hot filtered air is the key)& I saved over $75 on it by buying it from a grooming supply house.  I don't remember where I got it, but I found it doing a google search for grooming supplies.

~John

If you remember where you got it please post it here so we all can get the same deal. Stay safe.

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

jmorton10

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 10:35:34 AM »

If you remember where you got it please post it here so we all can get the same deal. Stay safe.

I have no idea DAWG, I just did a Google search on dog grooming suppliers(or something like that).  I bought the thing a couple years ago & didn't save any of the info.

~John

jmorton10

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 10:37:20 AM »

This wasn't it, but it was a place like this:

http://www.dog.com/search.asp?skw=div_05,dog,dryer

~John

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 03:58:41 PM »

The force dryer sounds like something I want to buy.  Does anyone have experience with the 8hp and think it is worth the extra money or not?

I've got the 4hp unit.  Car club buddy has the bigger one and I've used it.  I prefer the smaller one.  Works great.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.