Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Seat Pictures for GH  (Read 9881 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Seat Pictures for GH
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2008, 06:34:20 PM »

Not sure about the fitment and spacing on the '03, but I just put the CVO Corbin Dual Tour on my '08 and it gave me significantly more leg room over the stock seat.  My guess is that the seat position moved me back somewhere between 1/2" - 1". (It also robbed a little seating space from Martha in the back, but no problem there).  I found that I had to relocate my highway pegs as I now was stretching a bit further than before.  I now have about 800 miles or so on the seat and it is really coming into it's own now.  I ordered mine through Jenni and Corbin custom made the seat to my Ht., Wt. and Inseam numbers and it was worth the wait.

Craig
Great news Craig, thanks. That post is exactly what I'm hoping for!!  :2vrolijk_21:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2008, 06:48:51 PM »

Do the HD extenders move the floorboards FORWARD?  Or just out/away from the bike?  I see the spacers, guess you got them and the bolts from McMaster Carr (been using them for quite a while).

Only out.

The McMaster Carr warehouse is only 1/2 hour from me. You want to see a big operation - that is one big sum bitch!
I think they have EVERY part in their huge catalog (4" thick with thin paper)
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Sean M Cary

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2008, 08:35:16 PM »

Only out.

The McMaster Carr warehouse is only 1/2 hour from me. You want to see a big operation - that is one big sum bitch!
I think they have EVERY part in their huge catalog (4" thick with thin paper)

Found these two items - going to check this out tomorrow...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442292311&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309227651&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309227651&bmUID=1209860197446&bmLocale=en_US
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448767806&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309227651&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309227651&bmUID=1209860016134&bmLocale=en_US
First this then the seat...gotta make the SERK so I am comfortable riding it.

Sean
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:38:42 PM by Florida Marine »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »

Howie

Check out my thread on floorboard extenders

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=7720.0

Don't limit yourself to what HD sells

And again, you should have sat on my bike (seat and now floorboards and just for the heck of it WO 575's).

I have two inch extenders on the right side, world of difference. I do scrape that side a bit more, but the improvement in ride comfort is worth it. Although I haven't scraped since changing the suspension height.

Note, because of the kickstand on the left side it uses a different combination of extenders (mine came with a 3/4 version)

The link above has a link to the supplier for both the extensions and longer bolts required.
I used the stainless Allen screws.

I might still have the 1 1/2" version I'll have to look around.

And for those attempting to take these floorboard screws out.

My method is to use a 3/8" Allen wrench with the long side cut down to about the short side length.
I then use a 1/2" deep impact socket (3/8" drive) with a 12" extension as my wrench. There is very little room to work if you have an oil cooler as most of our bikes do.
Missed this one somehow  :nixweiss: I am definitely in search of a fix for the knee in the A/C cover and foot hanging off the floorboard thing. I sometimes feel like that woman (that wicked witch) who takes Toto away from Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz movie riding her bicycle.

Duane, your quite a bit shorter than I which would lead me to believe I would require at least the same length extension  :confused5: I am open to any and all sugestions here. Would prefer a chrome extension but not neccessary. Don't know if I ride hard enough to scrape the boards anyway. I'll leave that to the Evil one  ;)

Thanks,

Howie

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2008, 11:26:32 AM »

Missed this one somehow  :nixweiss: I am definitely in search of a fix for the knee in the A/C cover and foot hanging off the floorboard thing. I sometimes feel like that woman (that wicked witch) who takes Toto away from Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz movie riding her bicycle.

Duane, your quite a bit shorter than I which would lead me to believe I would require at least the same length extension  :confused5: I am open to any and all sugestions here. Would prefer a chrome extension but not neccessary. Don't know if I ride hard enough to scrape the boards anyway. I'll leave that to the Evil one  ;)

Thanks,

Howie

Howie, scraping the boards or riding where you might isn't the primary consideration for the extenders.  A little bit of difference there just makes the ride a lot more comfortable.  Especially the right side.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2008, 11:34:55 AM »

Howie, scraping the boards or riding where you might isn't the primary consideration for the extenders.  A little bit of difference there just makes the ride a lot more comfortable.  Especially the right side.
Just taking a poke at my buddy from the Big Apple  ;) At 6'4 the legroom has been a problem from day one. Now that the seat has been ordered board extensions seem the logical next step  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »

Just taking a poke at my buddy from the Big Apple  ;) At 6'4 the legroom has been a problem from day one. Now that the seat has been ordered board extensions seem the logical next step  :nixweiss:

And unlike windshield height or handlebar position the extenders are a good idea no matter where the seat puts you.  So you don't even have to wait to do them :2vrolijk_21: .

(The above is a budgetary benefit allowing $$$ for extenders this keeping handlebar and windshield $$$ saved for another budgetary cycle  :2vrolijk_21: .)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »

Thanks for the pics and different angles...

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2008, 08:48:12 PM »

I am definitely in search of a fix for the knee in the A/C cover and foot hanging off the floorboard thing.

a bit shorter than I which would lead me to believe I would require at least the same length extension
prefer a chrome extension but not necessary. Don't know if I ride hard enough to scrape the boards anyway.

The extenders I posted above will make a world of difference. From having your right foot half off to resting comfortably, huge improvement.

Height has nothing to do with, it is the air cleaner.

Chrome is on my list, when I remember to order another pair I'll send them out. Have thought about ordering several sets and chroming them and then eBaying the kits.

Half the time my "scraping" in on the tight turns I have coming up my street, nothing to do with riding hard.

Although, there is that Dragon  :-\
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.