Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How Old?  (Read 2607 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: How Old?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2008, 03:12:08 PM »

Amen to that . Guys who are all caught up in I gotta have a son have no idea what they are missing !  :2vrolijk_21:
I've never met a girl who wasn't Daddy's little girl sometime.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2008, 04:15:04 PM »

God bless you Candy!  Coming from a family of 6 guys (Mom moved out when I was 16) I was nervous as hell when I found out I had a daughter.  now I wouldn't trade my gorgeous, loving 19 year old princess for any son.  We have amazing memories together and it's only continuing with my 11 year old princessette.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2008, 05:07:50 PM »

That's what I've commonly done too.  Just looked with no luck but somewhere here on the site is a discussion from a couple years ago on this topic.  Someone posted a link to a vest/harness rig with straps on d-rings that connected rider to little passenger.

It would not keep the small BSR from going to sleep or teetering one way or the other.  Though it could keep them from teetering too far I suppose.  And would certainly let you know if something was going on.  It's advertised benefit was for the time a bike might be put down.  The passenger comes off with the rider rather than staying with the bike.

Quite frankly was never sold on the concept as I recall.  Should such a thing ever happen the kid is likely to come off the pillion and away from the bike anyway.  If that's so a little one would probably be safer (I know, a very relative term in this case) bouncing along on his or her own rather than getting tied up against me.

Basically there is no perfectly safe way to do this.  Lots of "talks" can help.  Reminders of what's hot and what's not when they're little so it sinks in and stays sunk in (Parker reminds me now).  Do what you can to make the naps that will happen a non-event.  Then just decide if you're really willing to do it or not.  If you are then don't dwell on the potentialities in front of the little one.  If that scares them they won't want to ride again.

I agree that it's better they be on their own rather than tied to the rider.  The chances of me landing on them and crushing them or worse would be devastating.  At the same time, I wouldn't go ride just anywhere at any speed with them on the back either.  I definately ride differently and on different roads with them on board than when I am alone.  The purpose of the ride is for their pleasure, not to get there on time.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »

I have a total daddy's girl...she has Daddy Rocks, My Dad Rules and about 5 other t-shirts expressing her devotion to moi in her normla t-shirt rotation.  All picked out by: Her.

She also came by my shop when I had duty on a Sunday last month and wrote all over my white boards, Daddy Rocks, I love Daddy - etc, etc...still there since I have been working around them.

Tough on mom when I am gone - "I want Daddy" is the normal scream when things are not going her way...

My son is just a wet, boogery, farty, nasty, 6 year old knucklehead...but I LOVE him.  :love_3:

Sean

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 05:57:55 PM »

I have a total daddy's girl...she has Daddy Rocks, My Dad Rules and about 5 other t-shirts expressing her devotion to moi in her normla t-shirt rotation.  All picked out by: Her.

She also came by my shop when I had duty on a Sunday last month and wrote all over my white boards, Daddy Rocks, I love Daddy - etc, etc...still there since I have been working around them.

Tough on mom when I am gone - "I want Daddy" is the normal scream when things are not going her way...

My son is just a wet, boogery, farty, nasty, 6 year old knucklehead...but I LOVE him.  :love_3:

Sean

Great description of the average 6 year old boy Sean.  :D

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 06:24:47 PM »

Great description of the average 6 year old boy Sean.  :D

B B

Damn Brian, that's pretty much most of us now :nixweiss: .

Sean M Cary

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 06:40:55 PM »

Damn Brian, that's pretty much most of us now :nixweiss: .

He is learning from the best...testosterone is not in short supply in the circles I exist in.

Sean
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.