Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Crap Now I HAVE a leaker.  (Read 2526 times)

kcworks

Re: Crap Now I HAVE a leaker.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 10:23:50 AM »

I just returned from a two weekend 3500 mile trip. Great weather and ride but 2000 miles into it I noticed the oil on the rear head leaking again. First time at 7000 miles and now at 16700 miles. I'm bumming! The first time the dealer put in new jugs, rings, and all upper gaskets including 07A gaskets I was hoping it was over but from what I've read here I didn't think so. My warrantee is done in a month or so. I don't think I'm going to buy the extended warrantee. I tired of their control of me. that two grand or what ever amount I'll put into parts to fix it right maybe. I'm calling the dealer when I done here to see what they'll do this time. I would like them MOCO to extend my warrantee for one more year at least on this head gasket leak. I love this bike but I sure wish it had a different motor.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:36:27 AM by kcworks »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Crap Now I HAVE a leaker.
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 10:35:54 AM »

I just returned from a two weekend 3500 mile trip. Great weather and ride but 2000 miles into it I noticed the oil on the rear head leaking again. First time at 7000 miles and now at 16700 miles. I'm bumming! The first time the dealer put in new jugs, rings, and all upper gaskets including 07B gaskets I was hoping it was over but from what I've read here I didn't think so. My warrantee is done in a month or so. I don't think I'm going to buy the extended warrantee. I tired of their control of me. that two grand or what ever amount I'll put into parts to fix it right maybe. I'm calling the dealer when I done here to see what they'll do this time. I would like them MOCO to extend my warrantee for one more year at least on this head gasket leak. I love this bike but I sure wish it had a different motor.

Don't sweat the leak. I have been told explicitly, several times, by a HD Tech Service mgr that you will be OK regarding the leak after warranty expiration. PM for details and contact if you want one.

:indian_chief:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.