Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Crap Now I HAVE a leaker.  (Read 2535 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Crap Now I HAVE a leaker.
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »

11,222 miles cleaning up the bike and to my surprise I have oil running down the rear cylinder. I was hoping it wouldn't happen to me. Went to dealer and they were shocked that this could happen. Told them of what  of the forum and they started with Oh the Internet. But did agree that it leaks . Whet will call Moco next week. With all I have read i just would like to know What i should ask for to be checked when the bike is in the shop for 2 days as they said that is all it will take to make the repair. Thanks for all the help in the past the bike is just great  and all of you have helped to make the mods easier and cheaper.  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Crap Now I HAVE a leaker.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:32 PM »

Sorry to see another Illinois rider joining the Leaker's Club. But you are in good company.

JW

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:30:57 PM »

11,222 miles cleaning up the bike and to my surprise I have oil running down the rear cylinder. I was hoping it wouldn't happen to me. Went to dealer and they were shocked that this could happen. Told them of what  of the forum and they started with Oh the Internet. But did agree that it leaks . Whet will call Moco next week. With all I have read i just would like to know What i should ask for to be checked when the bike is in the shop for 2 days as they said that is all it will take to make the repair. Thanks for all the help in the past the bike is just great  and all of you have helped to make the mods easier and cheaper.  Billy

Billy if it is not leaking too much I might just wait. If the leak is only cosmetic at this point and not pooling under the bike, it may be better to wait a week or two. A rumor is afloat that there might be a "fix" in the works but haven't been able to confirm. Chief has posted that something maybe happening soon. His has been leaking for the last several months with no real problems (yet).

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:35:09 PM »

Billy here's some more information on the 07B gasket.
AJ

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »

Sorry to here about the leak..  My rear cylinder started to leak a little over 5k MoCo replace the whole top half of both cylinders...  Knock on wood... just turned 10k today and still clean as whistle.  Good luck
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 07:46:54 AM »

Billy if it is not leaking too much I might just wait. If the leak is only cosmetic at this point and not pooling under the bike, it may be better to wait a week or two. A rumor is afloat that there might be a "fix" in the works but haven't been able to confirm. Chief has posted that something maybe happening soon. His has been leaking for the last several months with no real problems (yet).
Just had my 08 in for the infamous gasket replacement a few weeks back. I would certainly agree with AJ's advice and wait if your leak is in it's initial phase. We already have seen 07B gasket failures and there is that "rumor" in regards to a fix. Just my .02 Ride it like ya stole it!!!  :2vrolijk_21:  Let em fix it later.

Howie

pcarr1701

• Junior CVO Member
  • The Switchblade Guy

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 09:06:27 AM »

I have had the FXDWG2 in for a small leak (a few drops on the garage floor under the bike) and they have worked on it 7 times.  I paid the first $50.00 for the extended warranty repair, but now they have done all new seals in the motor, transmission and oil areas as well as new gaskets everywhere else, but still has a little leak.  I'm hoping that it will go away eventually as it may be just some overrun from all the repair work.  Still, $50.00 to redo all the seals in the motor is a deal, though.
Patrick Carr
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Wildfire

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 09:07:53 AM »

When you do eventually get the leak serviced, open up a call with Tech Support and demand that the crank be checked on their dime while aart.  You have an earlier motor and may need a new engine.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 09:10:08 AM »

I have had the FXDWG2 in for a small leak (a few drops on the garage floor under the bike) and they have worked on it 7 times.  I paid the first $50.00 for the extended warranty repair, but now they have done all new seals in the motor, transmission and oil areas as well as new gaskets everywhere else, but still has a little leak.  I'm hoping that it will go away eventually as it may be just some overrun from all the repair work.  Still, $50.00 to redo all the seals in the motor is a deal, though.
Some would have been told that each leak was different and charged the copay seven times. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 09:14:58 AM »

Some would have been told that each leak was different and charged the copay seven times. 

I would refuse to ever go to that dealer again.  That would be in violation of the extended service contract.  The $50 is per visit, not per problem, unless the repair is a repair to a previously covered issue and is still under warranty from that repair, then there is no charge.  When you get into the extended service contract period, it's best to "stack" up your issues and get them repaired in one visit, that way it only costs you $50 to get it all repaired.  If they try to charge you $50 for each issue, throw the red flag and penalize them for flagrant BS and take the bike to another dealership.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 01:16:01 PM »

Dealer said that they are only replacing rear gasket is that OK and i think I will need the HD Tech 3 if someone has it Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »

Dealer said that they are only replacing rear gasket is that OK and i think I will need the HD Tech 3 if someone has it Thanks Billy

If they are replacing your gasket with the 7B gasket, I would tell them to replace both.  It is a different material than the multi-layer 7A gasket. (Composite vice stacked metal gaskets).  Just to be consistent...that's what they did with mine when I had the read head gasket leak...no questions asked, they just replaced both.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 01:31:02 PM »

Billy, sorry about your leak.  Make sure they look microscopically close for cylinder liner movement.  That has been the cause of most failures.  If there is any liner movement, insist on new jugs with the "new fix" that's supposedly coming.  According to other posts I've read here it was announced at a dealer meeting within the last couple weeks.  Your dealer should be aware that something is coming.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »

Well it only took 1 week to get the parts and 2 days to fix the leak. Then one trip to have them tighten up the exhaust heat shields. everything seems fine Hope it lasts.  The same day that I brought in my bike a o8 ultra came in with the leak with 1100 miles on it. At least the service dept fixed the bike fast. Thanks Billy

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 09:42:36 PM »

Well it only took 1 week to get the parts and 2 days to fix the leak. Then one trip to have them tighten up the exhaust heat shields. everything seems fine Hope it lasts.  The same day that I brought in my bike a o8 ultra came in with the leak with 1100 miles on it. At least the service dept fixed the bike fast. Thanks Billy

And they probably told the guy his was the first leak they have seen or heard of...hehe :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: ::)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.