Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: HOT...HOT...HOT...then NOT (running)!  (Read 5327 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: HOT...HOT...HOT...then NOT (running)!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 08:58:37 AM »

Again d00d, stories like Duane's (wedding of saved child) reinforce the good image ... I grew up one block from a small city fire house (engine 9).  Across the street from that house was the land of a hospital where we played baseball and football as pre-teens.  We would always stop in the house and get a drink of water from their fountain/bubbler after the games.  The guys there were always great to us.  That is the image I prefer to know.

Therefore...do we want to change to the Boston Port workers who put their 2year old children on the payroll so that when the kid turns 22 and is actually "working" on the docks, they can claim 20 years experience and get the pay rate for that level of experience?

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 09:00:36 AM »

I didn't know those details but that is one of the big ones...but there is also the one with the FD guy in the FD car caught smokin' a joint...

/Bill

This is in the wake of last year's cover up of the circumstances around the death of the two fireman in the chinese restaurant fire.  The coroner's office reports showed one had twice the legal blood alcohol limit for driving and the other was high on cocaine.  One forgot to bring in his radio and the the other didn't have his Scot pack.  At least their stupidity didn't cause the loss of any other firemen or civilians, but for the union to fight drug testing (should be alcohol testing as well) is ridiculous, especially when the union will accept the testing if the wages are increased?  We pay more for sober firemen?  Aren't they all?
They let the BFD investigate the deaths.  The investigating comnmittee never officially asked to see the medical examiner's report so it was not even considered.  The DA's office later turned it over, post decision.   Total scam.

This is the reason unions have dropped in popularity in the US.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 09:55:11 AM »

and to keep this off topic...here is Fire Station #8:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:21:40 AM by WFP »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »

That is the way it is here, however it's based on your salary which doesn't include OT or any career development pay. We are trying to get it changed to include career development pay (5%, 10%, 15% increments) though. If it were like what you explain here I would've really made out for 10 years I worked 2 city jobs (1 Full time, 1 Part time), and took as much OT as I could.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

In our case, all monies are included in your average. Most of the general employees don't have the option of working unlimited OT to pad their pay like Police and Fire do. Under normal circumstances, a certain amount of OT would be considered normal, but they took avantage of a loophole in a big way. It took an outside audit to expose all the shenanagins, and now our retirement fund is underfunded by millions. We all strive to make as much as possible during a three year period. Personally, I accepted a very nice promotion that I didn't really want, but as I'm already eligible for retirement, it has increased my future earnings nicely, but legally. My hats off to all the P&F guys as they put their life on the line everyday, but a few of them have hurt a lot of people and made all of them look bad.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.