Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Road Glide Windshield Wide Chrome Trim--Chrome I Don't Like  (Read 8173 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Road Glide Windshield Wide Chrome Trim--Chrome I Don't Like
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 10:42:15 PM »

I did say, "might."     ;)

I actually quite like that both bikes are at a point where I'm not regularly adding trinkets.  "Done" is of course never really the case.  But it's nice to do service as needed, make the fun projects much more occasional and far less regular and just ride the beasties.  The red bike has actually lost a couple of pieces of chrome this year that I just liked it better without.  Whodathunkit :nixweiss: .

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 10:52:31 PM »

I stripped down LD today as the weight of the tour-pak with the Corbin passenger backrest, the junk in the trunk and the speaker pods were a big strain on my back. (had to be about 60 lbs total) The tall Clearview windshield looked dumb with nothing on the back so I went down to Uptown Cycle and bought an 8" Clockwerks black windscreen. Now that's a cool piece of motorcycle part right there, but the chrome thingamajig that Don's talking about here looked really crappy with the tight windscreen so into the box with the clearview it went. Maybe someday I'll have a magic operation and ride coast to coast again and it'll see the light of day, but not for the time being. Put the stock RG seat back on too as that is quite a bit lighter than the Corbin and for the short rides I can manage is cushy. The stockers bottom out after an hour or so in the saddle, but I can't ride more than an hour without getting off and walking around a bit. I'd forgotten it is a good looking seat. LD looks cool all stripped down.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 11:08:05 PM »

I stripped down LD today as the weight of the tour-pak with the Corbin passenger backrest, the junk in the trunk and the speaker pods were a big strain on my back. (had to be about 60 lbs total) The tall Clearview windshield looked dumb with nothing on the back so I went down to Uptown Cycle and bought an 8" Clockwerks black windscreen. Now that's a cool piece of motorcycle part right there, but the chrome thingamajig that Don's talking about here looked really crappy with the tight windscreen so into the box with the clearview it went. Maybe someday I'll have a magic operation and ride coast to coast again and it'll see the light of day, but not for the time being. Put the stock RG seat back on too as that is quite a bit lighter than the Corbin and for the short rides I can manage is cushy. The stockers bottom out after an hour or so in the saddle, but I can't ride more than an hour without getting off and walking around a bit. I'd forgotten it is a good looking seat. LD looks cool all stripped down.

B B

Get a chance to ride it much after the deconstruction?  If so how much difference is there in the feel fo the bike Brian?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 11:55:42 PM »

Get a chance to ride it much after the deconstruction?  If so how much difference is there in the feel fo the bike Brian?

Oh yeah, a bit at least. I went for a 25 mile lap around North County. LD feels like a Buell without all that weight up high. Handling was quick and easy compared to the FD set-up.Also really liked the short 8" Klockwerks windscreen. The odd shape keeps the majority of the wind off but you get a bit of fresh air in the face which was nice becase when I went out, the heat the day was dropping off and I got some nice cool air in my face. Necessity being the mother of invention, this worked out well.

B B
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:57:19 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 11:58:37 PM »

Oh yeah, a bit at least. I went for a 25 mile lap around North County. LD feels like a Buell without all that weight up high. Handling was quick and easy compared to the FD set-up.Also really liked the short 8" Klockwerks windscreen. The odd shape keeps the majority of the wind off but you get a bit of fresh air in the face which was nice becase when I went out, the heat the day was dropping off and I got some nice cool air in my face. Necessity being the mother of invention, this worked out well.

B B

That's good to see.  So is this version going to be LD Lite?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 12:02:37 AM »

That's good to see.  So is this version going to be LD Lite?

hmmmmm, I'll have to think about that. Obviously, the loss of about 75lbs made it a lot quicker too, so LD Light might be better  ;)

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 12:03:18 AM »

hmmmmm, I'll have to think about that. Obviously, the loss of about 75lbs made it a lot quicker too, so LD Light might be better  ;)

B B

LD Trim :huepfenlol2: ?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.