Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Comfort Stitch Seat....  (Read 6245 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Comfort Stitch Seat....
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2005, 02:49:57 PM »

Sounds like you got a great deal on the $ out of pocket.  What is Americade?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2005, 05:03:19 PM »

JC, it's a really big rally gathering in Lake George, NY.  Mixed crowd (lots of Wings and other stuff).  A lot more laid back and "family" pitched than something like Daytona or Myrtle Beach.  Been there with GoFastGirl a couple of times and we actually both really had a great time.  

Back when it started about 20 years ago it was called "Aspencade" and was the eastern sibling event to something in New Mexico (don't remember any more details than that).  A few years in around '86 or '87 it became Americade and has been growing ever since.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 05:04:12 PM by twolanerider »

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2005, 01:20:02 AM »

Americade is Worlds largets Touring Rally get togethers located in Lake George NY burried in the middle of the Adirondacks Here is a website to this years event: http://tourexpo.com/04/index2.html . Its based in the Adirondacks of NY State where we have soem of the best riding in the mountians. The Village of Lake George is awesoem and a great summer time place to be. Read the website and let me knwo what you think. This event is held every year and is always the week priro to Laconia in NH whihc is 4 to 5 hours away from Lake George. You would travel  through Vermont into New Hampshire from Lake George Awesome riding roads on that trip.
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

phattey

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's the journey...

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 Sold
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2005, 09:15:01 AM »

Look forward to those pics....

I was looking through the new J&P catalog and pondered the Mustang touring setup...

I haven't ordered a seat yet for the bike (may be getting Wendy her own bike), but I'd love to see that setup...

P

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2005, 11:14:42 AM »

Look forward to those pics....

I was looking through the new J&P catalog and pondered the Mustang touring setup...

I haven't ordered a seat yet for the bike (may be getting Wendy her own bike), but I'd love to see that setup...

P

One thing to keep in mind on the Mustang products Ron.  While they are very nice seats and can look quite good and apparently ride very well they are a vinyl covered product.  That's all they do.  In the last couple of years I've noticed their staffs at shows describing them as "synthetic leather" product and then, of course, it's easy to occasionally accidentally drop the "synthetic."  But they are a vinyl product.

No doubt a good quality vinyl.  I've still never seen on that had ever been ridden very long that didn't look vinyl-ish.  Where the leather will gain one type of "worn-in" patina the vinyl seats get a different look; and they get shiny spots.  Neither look is necessarily good or bad.  But they are different.

phattey

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's the journey...

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 Sold
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2005, 11:25:28 AM »

Good points....I'll consider...

P

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2005, 01:16:03 PM »

One thing to keep in mind on the Mustang products Ron.  While they are very nice seats and can look quite good and apparently ride very well they are a vinyl covered product.  That's all they do.  In the last couple of years I've noticed their staffs at shows describing them as "synthetic leather" product and then, of course, it's easy to occasionally accidentally drop the "synthetic."  But they are a vinyl product.

No doubt a good quality vinyl.  I've still never seen on that had ever been ridden very long that didn't look vinyl-ish.  Where the leather will gain one type of "worn-in" patina the vinyl seats get a different look; and they get shiny spots.  Neither look is necessarily good or bad.  But they are different.

I will post pictures of my 2001 FLSTF with a mustang solo with back rest and passenger pillion seat. As you will see the seat is awesome and has no diffrent look then leather.
2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, Freedom Pipe Pkg, Commander III Mapped, Stage 3, CC Screamin Eagle Heads, Barnett Scorpion Clutch, Screamin Eagle 6 Speed Gear set, KB High Compression Pistons, Gear Drive Adrew Cams, High Flow Filter, 113 HP 116 TQ

01 FLSTF Custom Head Quarters 1550 High Compression kit, HQ CNC Heads with Titanium Springs, Gear Drive HQ38 Cams, Daytona Twin Tech Ignition, B

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2005, 01:59:15 AM »

Most stock harley seats are vinyl I think, at least my FLHTCI was...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 01:59:50 AM by tony1968 »

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2005, 02:44:35 AM »

Well as I stated above here are pictures of my Mustang Solo with back Rest and Passinger Seats that are on my 2001 FLSTF fat Boy. As you will see looks like leather and you don't even know its vinyl . Rode from Chicago to Sturgis on this site none stop and my tush felt great!

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2005, 02:46:40 AM »

Top View

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2005, 02:47:38 AM »

This is the solo view

Rsantucc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2005, 02:50:34 AM »

This is the other side of the seat

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2005, 05:59:52 PM »

Hate to throw a wrench into the fire but was at Americade here in Lake George NY, yesterday and visted with Corbin and Mustang. I was there under the intention to buy a Corbin seat. I visted Corbin and I had them fit and quote me for the full package on SEEG  dual tour seat with tour pack pack bac pad wth arm rest, and a drive and passinger back rests with 10% discount slightly over $1286.00, and shipping was another $25.00 total $1311.00

I then visted with Mustang, (which I have on my 2001 FLSTF) (and had the bike with me at both vendors) and tried thier Road King 1 Piece Tour seat (Which is 17" wide for driver and 14" wide for passinger) and then thier Road King 2 piece Driver Solo with Back rest (Which is 16.5" wide) and the Passinger seat removable Pad at 13.5" wide. Thier leather is softer and the seats felt much better then the Corbin hard pan shelled seats. So the results where I went with a Mustang Road King Solo seat with Back rest, Pasinger seat with Pillion Pad, Tour Pack back rest with arms and also Passinger removable back rest, but it even gets better.

The Mustang team sold me the Passenger backrest with the arm rest mounted and installed to my Chopped tour pac at no charge for isntallaitin for $234.00 Tax included. I then asked them for the part numbers for the Solo Seat and Back Rest the Passinger seat Pillion Pad and also the Passinger backrest for removeable back rest, and advised them that I woudl purchase through J&P Cycles as tey ill offer me a 10% discount. They said no problem as long as I buy the products from one of thier vendors. I did not pucrhase these items direct from Mustang as they are full price (As Mustnag does not under cut thier vendors) and I would have been charged TAX 7%. So I then went and visited with J&P Cycles and I placed the order for the exact Same Seats and items and received a 10% discount for ordering at Americade, FREE Shipping and NO SALES TAX as it will be shipped outside of Iowa. Total cost for entire package Solo Seat with Back rest, Removable Passinger Pillion seat, Passinger Back Rest for removable back rest, and also the Tour Pac Back rest woth Arms installed $926.00, a savings of just over $385.00 Compared to what Corbin was offering for a 1 Piece seat Package. I then took the bike over to the Progressive Shock Trailer that was there and had them mount 2 - Progressive 440 Chrome Shocks on my 2005 SEEG for $481.50, includes Parts, Labor and Tax. So over all I ended up wth a great removable seat Package and new Progressive 440 shocks Installed for $96.50 more then what the Corbin seat would have costed me and I do not have to wait 4 to 5 weeks for Corbin seat as J&P is shipping my order today for mid week next week delivery from Iowa.

J&P also stated that if you place an order through them during Americade and tell them that you where there and this is why you are ordering they will honor the Free Shipping on any order plus a 10% disocunt off Catalog pricing.

Just my two cents as saving money and getting the best is my game.

Regards

Robert

Satisfied 2005 SEEG owner with quality aftermarket products  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

PS: I will post pictures of the entire set up by the end of next week so you all can see the dynomite deal and products mounted on the bike.....

[smiley=confused5.gif]ANY PHOTOS YET???
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 25 queries.