Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: replaced a belt yet ??  (Read 3025 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: replaced a belt yet ??
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 01:28:54 AM »

Don,

Optomistic only way to go and hell 5 bucks is 2 beers during happy hour.   Besides what are friends for if not to give ya grief, least ya know they still care  ::)

Damn right :drink: .

hogasm

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 07:54:30 AM »

Too likely Harry.  One of the brethren here now has five bucks hanging on whether the new belt will break within three months of being installed.  Just to be optimistic I took the bet though.  But you know your buddies love you when they're betting that your chit will break :drink: .

But will Twolane tell us the truth when his new belt breaks :nixweiss:

Let's have a poll :coolblue:

CVOjunkie

• cvojunkie
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »

I made it to Sturgis and back three years (850 miles each way)with a small rock hole in the belt on my first seeg pulling a trailer and two up fully loaded. I replaced the belt and within 500 miles a lady texting someone turned left in front of me back in march and I took a header at 45 mph its all good now and I loved the bike so much I bought another o/b seeg just like the old one.The mechanics I have talked to say as long as it is in the center and is just a hole not tearing it will be okay and I can attest to that the old bike had 48k on that belt I just changed it on a winter maint. schedule.

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 10:27:16 AM »

Dealer replaced the belt 2.5 months and 5K miles, after my off frame rebuild.  Better safe than sorry!
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

opee6969

• Senior CVO Member
  • RUMSPRINGA!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 03:16:20 PM »

I had a hole in the center of the drive belt on my 00' UC. The dealer kept pressing me to replace the belt, but I was on a mission to get over 100k miles on the belt before replacing it(don't ask my why). I ended up putting another 30k miles on the belt without any breakage and the hole never got any bigger. I ended up trading the bike on my 09' SEUC, so I may never know how long it went without breaking.

Opee
'01 FLSTF
'03 FLSTS
'05 K1200LT
'15 FLTRXS
'16 FLHTKSE

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 07:14:13 PM »

I had a hole in the center of the drive belt on my 00' UC. The dealer kept pressing me to replace the belt, but I was on a mission to get over 100k miles on the belt before replacing it(don't ask my why). I ended up putting another 30k miles on the belt without any breakage and the hole never got any bigger. I ended up trading the bike on my 09' SEUC, so I may never know how long it went without breaking.

Opee
The new owner has probably replaced it already.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

nsrider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 01:11:05 PM »

I had to replace the belt on my 04 SEEG this summer. Pulled out of the driveway to go for a ride with a couple of buddies and it broke as I shifted into 2nd. On inspection, there was a slight 1/4 in tear in one side and the stress ripped it in an "L" pattern. Mileage was about 75000 km (46000 mi). My last 3 Harleys all had belts go around the same mileage. Repairs were not covered by extended warranty and cost $800 to have fixed.

nsrider
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.