Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dragon wings  (Read 2088 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Dragon wings
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 07:53:01 PM »

I think that last one would have been good for about 7000,

From 5600 to 7k is an improvement.  Still low though.  The red bike only has just a bit over 10k right now but it's back tire is still a big 4/32.  Sometimes this stuff doesn't have to make sense  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Tires
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2005, 12:09:01 PM »

My rear tire is going to be junk by the 10,000 mile mark.  I thought these larger tires were supposed to last longer, but that is what I was getting out of rear tires on my '02 EG. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2005, 12:18:13 PM »

There is (for a variety of different reasons) just a lot of difference in how long some are getting on back tires.  Mobe seems to be getting about the worst end of the deal.  I've been pleasantly surprised by mine though.  The rate at which it's been wearing it wouldn't surprise me now to get 13,000 out of the tire and then only be down to the 2/32 or so that I usually replace them at.  I've never gotten that much mileage out of a rear tire on a bike before.

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 03:54:28 PM »

I think my rear tire was showing just a bit over 4/32 when I swapped it out this time at 7000 miles. I could have rode it out but I had two big trips coming up this summer and didn't want to hassle with it until the fall.
 I also know that sometime during one of these trips I'm going to get into wet roads and the extra tread depth channels water better. My new tire was showing around 8/32 at installation.
 I've got a scooter at home that has bridgestone battlax tires. I completely toasted both the front and back tires by 4600 miles. So it seems that I am extra rough on tires. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 03:55:39 PM by mobe »
MObe

gvc4

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 07:53:09 PM »

JUst put the Dragon Wings on my SEEG. I like them. Great item & super easy install.

gvc4

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 09:32:22 PM »

Just found out this week that Freedom Wings have redesigned there orginal wings. New ones do not hit tank or lower farings and fit much better than the orginals. There was a rep. from Freedom Wings at Rapid City HD. They swapped them out for me no charge and said they would for anyone else with the old style. That is great service. I like the clean look of the Freedom Wings compared to Dragon Wings.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 11:05:38 PM »

Just found out this week that Freedom Wings have redesigned there orginal wings. New ones do not hit tank or lower farings and fit much better than the orginals. There was a rep. from Freedom Wings at Rapid City HD. They swapped them out for me no charge and said they would for anyone else with the old style. That is great service. I like the clean look of the Freedom Wings compared to Dragon Wings.

If you can how about posting a before and after photo.  Or at least an after photo.  That way those that bought recently will have something to compare with to know if we've got the old ones or the new ones.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.