Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Extended Saddlebags  (Read 11256 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Extended Saddlebags
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 04:42:39 PM »

They all look nice.....really like that look.  But Puzzled's bike is over the top, saddlebags and fender, front wheel and fender, the little detail items (to many to list).....very, very nice! :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 04:44:35 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 04:46:46 PM »

I agree with puzzled,  the fiberglass bags I looked at were all a little rough.  the ones I have are also the RTM (smooth plastic).  like I said storage all the way down.  if you get them carpeted, they put a carpeted removable cover inside that actually covers the lower extention inside. I keep tools and a few rags, flashlight , things like that in the lower extentions.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 09:14:03 PM »

The usable extension space is nice. I'm surprised at how much stuff fits in that area.

Yes I'm running skid plates on the bottom of my bags. I had to as I was riding the bike way to aggressive last year and touching the bags going through hard sweepers (with the bike aired up). This year I picked up a Buell 1125R so now I'm aggressive on it and just cruise on my Bagger. I don't think I hit the bags at all this year!
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 10:32:16 AM »

I have the Milwaukee Baggers bags on my bike. I looked at several sets of bags when I was shopping and IMO NONE of the others even came close to the MB bags. Most of them are fiberglass and rough at that. This IMO is why most of them are carpeted. The RTM bags from MB are like the new style HD bags, smooth. I run air ride on my bike so I'm able to air the bike up while riding to prevent them from scraping, for the most part. I originally had the bag extensions but could not handle how in certain temps you could see the seem while other days they looked great.

how do u like the boom cans.............Keith

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 11:38:34 AM »

Keith, they are actually tips I rolled from sheet stainless. A little tig welding, some buffing and I was good to go. The actual mufflers are Bassani's with the ends cut off after the baffle.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 11:56:05 AM »

Nice......job...I need something to fill the hole on the spice rum bags,,,,,thanks Keith

Dkleinr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »

Well I pulled the trigger. Went with Milwaukee Baggers (although they're shut down for 2-3 weeks cleaning and reworking the mold), and spoke w/ Gene about a paint scheme. Should be about 6-8 weeks total. Can't wait. Thanks to all for your input!!
"Live good while you're alive, 'cause when you're dead.....you're dead for a long time."
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.