Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 775 km in one day, at -5C (19F) but I got my new SERG home  (Read 2373 times)

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Road Glide
Re: 775 km in one day, at -5C (19F) but I got my new SERG home
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 11:17:08 PM »

Congrats on the SERG.

I scrapped the stock windshield as fast as i could. Went to a 12" Klockwerks and settled on a 14" CB

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 01:23:05 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:  Windvest is the best Ive tried. Check them out. Some of the other shields look like a snowmobile and some just like a goldwing with a 70's Vetter fairing. Windvest has great protection and looks hot rod cool. :drink:  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 01:24:37 AM by Highwaystar »
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 02:38:56 AM »

Yeah , you gotta cool ride , and yes the Windvest looks real cool enough and its function is still ok , better function with Clearview stock flat angle GT but less cooler look , less function with Clearview 5" dark but more cooler look and stones and bees in da face .
For me too , the roadglide is the best functional ride i ever had and harley sells and the FLTRSE3 was the first that was offered official here in germany.
( Two years ago , i thought that the roadglide is the most ugliest bike that harley has - minds and opinions do change)
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 08:24:08 AM »

Thanks guys... going riding today and tomorrow, it will be a warm 45 F LOL

The bike came with the windshield you see in the picture - not mounted, and the original mounted.
The Tour Pack was mounted, and the passenger backrest stored
It also came with the Drivers backrest - not pictured

I have had a steady stream of my buddies coming buy to look at her... they are blown away at how new it looks, and how shinny it is after a long cold ride lol

Yes I will look into that 2010 ride... infact I will be returning to the USA for some rides this summer, the gas is cheaper, and the people are real nice and friendly... course they most likely being polite to the crazy Canuck out riding in the freezing cold LOL (Stay away he is crazy!!)

My daughter, who is special needs, but loves to ride, wanted to ride yesterday, but when she look outside and saw the rain she said " Damn, rain come, no go on bike"... but today is nice and clear and blue skies

Cheers

Andrew "Gank"

To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

Gank

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 09:53:25 AM »

BTW just thought I would add, that once again, I visited the USA, and once again I was treated like a distant family member coming by for a visit... nice, friendly and welcoming.

I have often said the best thing the USA could do would be to give the bad guys of the world a three week vacation in the heartland of the USA (not Vegas or Disney World), its really hard to have a hate on for such nice people.

Looking forward to more trips on the SERG
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 12:25:23 PM »

BTW just thought I would add, that once again, I visited the USA, and once again I was treated like a distant family member coming by for a visit... nice, friendly and welcoming.

I have often said the best thing the USA could do would be to give the bad guys of the world a three week vacation in the heartland of the USA (not Vegas or Disney World), its really hard to have a hate on for such nice people.

Good to see another classic SERG being enjoyed so much.  You guys enjoy the warm (enough) day and extend the new friendship with the bike.  In a couple hours I plan to see some saddle time on mine too.  Have fun.

SID8D2

• Keep the Shinny Side Up
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride, Winter in the Midwest Sucks!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Black & Blue
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black - Spooky
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 08:02:00 AM »

Wait till ya goto your first swap meet now that your riding a Harley, It'll make more sence and you'll fell like theres more stuff there that interests you. Welcome to the Club brother :orange: :orange: :orange: You've got an awsome Hog there.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 08:09:19 AM by SID8D2 »
2009 Road Glide FLTRSE3 110ci;
Fullsac X-Pipe,
V&H Hi Output Mufflers,
Hawg Wired Dbl Shot,
Crank Welded, Trued, Balanced,
H-Beam Rods,
T-Man 110 Thumper Top End,
T-Man 662-2 Cams,
Woods Directional Lifters,
58mm SE Throttle Body,
TTS Mastertune, 
LePera Daddy Long Legs Seat, 
[img]http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4094.0;attach=138042;image[/i

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 06:27:24 PM »

Gank,

Congratulations on your SERG ! !  That's on sweet looking ride.   :2vrolijk_21:   Have been to Canada many times and have frequented the Stampede half a dozen or so times.   The Canadians have always been great to me and my friends.  Very glad to hear it's mutual!

Ride Safe! 

Greg

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 06:35:58 PM »

Have been to Canada many times and have frequented the Stampede half a dozen or so times.   The Canadians have always been great to me and my friends.  Very glad to hear it's mutual!

Grge,

Next time you are in the Calgary Ping me and we can get toether, however not today, I am in Phoenix for a while.

geezerglide

Gank

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 11:49:52 PM »

Gank,

Congratulations on your SERG ! !  That's on sweet looking ride.   :2vrolijk_21:   Have been to Canada many times and have frequented the Stampede half a dozen or so times.   The Canadians have always been great to me and my friends.  Very glad to hear it's mutual!

Ride Safe! 

Greg

Like I said,,,, its family :D

Before 9/11 the border was just really a line on the map... worlds longest undefended border

Cant wait till we return to those days

Damn this having the bike in the garage and not being able to ride it is a killer !!!
To Libs and NDP

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 09:33:06 AM »

Before 9/11 the border was just really a line on the map... worlds longest undefended border

Cant wait till we return to those days

Unfortunately, it never will.  By allowing the politicians to take away our freedom, the terrorist won the war.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Gank

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 01:25:53 PM »

Well this should help speed up things :D

To Libs and NDP
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.