Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: someone please explain....  (Read 5205 times)

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
Re: someone please explain....
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »

WHERE IS LARRY?

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 10:37:03 PM »

Been through too many windshields to even mention, however, waiting for a 10.5 dark gray Clearview, everyone with a UC that has one seems to speak highly of them.  Love the look of the short shield, hate the bugs.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 08:51:11 AM »

I may have found the set up for me. I bought a windshield on ebay for $35.00.(It was in great shape) It looks like it was cut down to 15 1/2 inches. I am getting use to the look. And then put on a half helmet with the comm. system installed. Much better with the buffeting. I may try something with the windshield to make it look more like the stock wind deflector. Stand by for the picture when I get it done.     

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 03:22:22 PM »

I had the same problem with the windshields. The stock shield looked cool as hell but was absolutely useless. So I bought the 15 1/2 cee bailey sheild. Looked good but still way to much buffeting. So then I bought a 12" windvest, again totally useless. I then went to Clearviews web site and found they had discounted windshields. (SCRATCH AND DENT SO TO SPEAK) Anyway they had a GT xxl available for 179.00 and I bought it. I installed it. It was an 1 1/2 too tall. So I cut it down. The top of the shield is now about the same level as the bottom my nose. I like to see over my shield. No buffeting at all. I can hear the stereo crystal clear. No wind noise. With or without the lowers on. The only draw back I feel is that it is ugly as hell.(Old mans windshield) I have a Mustang seat on the bike, customized only so I can sit 1 1/2 futher back. I'm 6-4 32" inseam. So I sit pretty tall in the saddle. You can buy the slickest looking windsheild but if it dose not work what good is it. Unfortunately You have to buy a few shields untill you get it right. I still do have the windvest and Cee Baileys in my garage. One day I'll get around to selling them..................Fuzz
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 10:31:49 PM »

Thanks for the info, and I agree with everything you mentioned. I came off a UC and I'm not going back. I have hopefully found the right combination for me. I think the SERG is the best looking bike in Harleys line. It's unique. 

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 12:05:35 PM »

With 6.1 feet tall and 33 inseam and the 1" push-up signature seat i ended with the Clearview GT standard ( it is flat angled ) and works pretty well . The look is not killing me but function and performance is acceptable . With straight angled shield and same length you won`t get the same result .
 The point is that you have to bring the upper line of the shield nearer to your head so that the recurve at the top of the shield affects as it should .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »

Got the Clearview, it was a second.  They even marked the bad spot and I'll be Da!!m if I can see it.  can't wait to ride with it.  Snow today, -1 in the morning, think I'll wait a few days.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 11:52:54 AM »

I think you'll like it. I'm 6-4, 240 with 34 inseam and have a Clearview GT med. Love it. No buffeting
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.