Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Iron Butt plate from old scoot to new scoot?  (Read 5633 times)

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
Re: Iron Butt plate from old scoot to new scoot?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »

That was one of the first things stripped, definitely not on the old bike...just thought it'd look better on the bike than the wall.  I sent the question to Michael Kneebone (IBA pres.) maybe he'll respond, NOW there's Makers Mark bottle ridin' on the outcome.  I say it'll be OK on the new bike, my bud 7 time IBA rider says don't put it on...REALLY hope he's wrong!

lol... good luck!

As with any large org, there are many "factions." Some IB riders are purists, and believe that you should only submit for one cert per ride, no matter how many you qualify for, and others who think it is OK to rack up as many as you can. To each there own, either is permissable, and it is your ride and your $ for the cert, so as long as you got the ride certified, in the end, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks... even if they are wrong   :P

hogasm

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »

As a holder of 3 different Iron Butt awards my feelings are this...

You could not have made the accomplishment without your scoot...you were a team in the accomplishment so ...display it on the bike that made it happen

The new bike did not make the accomplishment but you did...so ...wear the patch on your jacket with honor....earn one for the new bike

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 09:53:58 PM »

Just read a PM asking "what do you think about this" thread.  After long and considered (ok, maybe two or three seconds) I am of the firm conclusion that my opinion doesn't matter (and I don't have one anyway)!

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 10:33:05 AM »

A meeting of the "bored" was held last nite with a quorum of three and it was decided since no response from IBA, there was a bottle of whiskey on the line, and nothing better to do (other than complain) we would use the thread to tally the sage opinions as votes. I gotta say I loved the outcome...see picture.  In order to not pizz ANY one off, we three decided to Iron Butt back from Daytona to Dallas approx 1150 miles and change.  This pretty well covers all bases.  Upon adjournment we broke the wax seal and drank whiskey till midnight in the garage with the scooter on a rainy nite.  LIFE IS SWEET!
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 03:57:26 PM »

A meeting of the "bored" was held last nite with a quorum of three and it was decided since no response from IBA, there was a bottle of whiskey on the line, and nothing better to do (other than complain) we would use the thread to tally the sage opinions as votes. I gotta say I loved the outcome...see picture.  In order to not pizz ANY one off, we three decided to Iron Butt back from Daytona to Dallas approx 1150 miles and change.  This pretty well covers all bases.  Upon adjournment we broke the wax seal and drank whiskey till midnight in the garage with the scooter on a rainy nite.  LIFE IS SWEET!

BRAVO! Glad you waited to break the seal until AFTER the ride... lol
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 3.855 seconds with 25 queries.