Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Bulbs in dual-element headlamp CVO Ultra and similar  (Read 6009 times)

mike55

Re: Bulbs in dual-element headlamp CVO Ultra and similar
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 10:20:08 PM »

I have prepared a package of documents to take to the dealer that sold me the scoot.  Copy of the service manual page, cross-reference info, industry specs, along with a picture of the back side of reflector.  I expect he will be able to get a handle on nature of the issue, and present it to technical resource at HD.  Maybe he is familiar with issue, or can find a relevant bulletin.  I will request that HD provide it's position in writing. I ought to be able to get there this week,  but it might take a while to get response.  I will post the response  here.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 10:56:26 PM »

I have prepared a package of documents to take to the dealer that sold me the scoot.  Copy of the service manual page, cross-reference info, industry specs, along with a picture of the back side of reflector.  I expect he will be able to get a handle on nature of the issue, and present it to technical resource at HD.  Maybe he is familiar with issue, or can find a relevant bulletin.  I will request that HD provide it's position in writing. I ought to be able to get there this week,  but it might take a while to get response.  I will post the response  here.

When I called my dealer today, parts knew nothing about it, but when they asked in service, they knew the answer right away.  You'll likely find out that the guys in your service department know which bulb is which, but they probably never looked to see that the wrong listings are out there.  But, come to think of it, they knew which was which by the Harley part numbers, not by H11 or H8.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »

Thanks guys for all the info
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:47 PM »

If you don't want the expense of the HID's then just pick up 2 H9 bulbs and put them in, a little dremel work to make one of them fit and it'll be fine.  I ran my '06 SE Ultra for 29K miles like this before trading it, no blown fuses, no melted wiring, no overheated lens.  ~$20 and 10 minutes I was done.

mike55

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 09:16:05 AM »

I heard back from dealer.  He discussed issue with HD - seems that HD is aware of the contradiction - but does not consider the issue significant.  Dealer had no reservations when I related that I will install H11 in the high-beam socket per the book specification.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.