Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Better Brakes for the Softail Convertible?  (Read 9388 times)

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
Re: Better Brakes for the Softail Convertible?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 12:28:44 AM »

Update on the Lyndall Z+ brakes on the ConV. I installed them front and rear and they do make a big difference. It's not just better stopping power, it's how the stopping power is delivered that makes such a difference. It feels much more linear and controlled and the best thing about them I don't think about braking anymore. I can even lock up that big 200 back tire but only after applying deliberate and sufficient pressure to do so but even then it was not sudden. So overall a nice and inexpensive performance safety upgrade that I can easily reccomend.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »

Update on the Lyndall Z+ brakes on the ConV. I installed them front and rear and they do make a big difference. It's not just better stopping power, it's how the stopping power is delivered that makes such a difference. It feels much more linear and controlled and the best thing about them I don't think about braking anymore. I can even lock up that big 200 back tire but only after applying deliberate and sufficient pressure to do so but even then it was not sudden. So overall a nice and inexpensive performance safety upgrade that I can easily reccomend.

MikeV
Which ones did you get? Part numbers would help. Thanks.
John
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 12:27:15 PM »

Z-Plus 7256 for the front and Z-Plus 7257 for the rear.
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.