Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Close to 3k Miles in Five Weeks!  (Read 4272 times)

sled dog

Re: Close to 3k Miles in Five Weeks!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 08:58:51 PM »

Congratulations on the 450 and the 85. Neither one are easy to do. Gotta love them " Sharknoses" 
2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red/Slate Black
Fullsac X-pipe 2.25" cores TTS Mastertune

2008 FLTR 103 V&H True Duals
Custom Solo Seat

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 07:33:16 PM »

You owe it to yourself to at least try an AirHawk seat pad. Have one I use for rider longer than 500 miles in a day and it makes a huge difference. I'm riding a Wide Glide so my ride isn't nearly as nice as yours. Try one out, I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

We have one as well. I find when riding long distances in a day, I swap off. Ride without any seat pad at first until I feel the "need" creeping on, then ride with it for a tank, then without it again. Works for me. YMMV.  :2vrolijk_21:

2010 FLHX

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 03:27:08 AM »

Fair play. I have mine only 2 weeks, and have only managed 650K so far, work and foul weather got in the way. Love the brute. Fixed fairing is super, handling is light, goes great, stops everyone that sees it....perfection on wheels and I agree with you on the seat. I have had two Road Zeppelin seats on the last two Electra Glides, one a 2007 and the other a 2010 FLHTK. They were absolutely fantastic seats for long runs,the older version being much better than the later model.

This bike, I think I'll hang on to the stock seat as it is, so far, very comfy and my lovely wife adores her heated backside. Perhaps next summer on my solo trip to Europe I might swap over for the Road Zep again as I find the stock seat about an inch too low...but I'll put the stock seat back on again afterwards. (Keeps momma happy.)

We're looking at the Road Zeppelin -- on a Street Glide. The specs say it is compatible w/ the grab rails and standard backrests (I have both.) It's 20" wide. The stock SG seat is 16" wide. Seems like that 4" would help support hips on the long runs. I'm looking at an Iron Butt 1000 mi. / 24 hr. run in the spring. But more than that, I tend to ride in the realm of 500 mile days a lot.

I have no issues w/ the $729.95 price. I just put $500 into the LED headlight, and it was worth every cent. The Windsplitter 10" windshield solves a lot of problems too: I can hear the radio and my head doesn't buffet like it's in a washing machine at 70 mph.

And so . . . let's talk about this new Road Zeppelin seat?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »

We're looking at the Road Zeppelin -- on a Street Glide. The specs say it is compatible w/ the grab rails and standard backrests (I have both.) It's 20" wide. The stock SG seat is 16" wide. Seems like that 4" would help support hips on the long runs. I'm looking at an Iron Butt 1000 mi. / 24 hr. run in the spring. But more than that, I tend to ride in the realm of 500 mile days a lot.

I have no issues w/ the $729.95 price. I just put $500 into the LED headlight, and it was worth every cent. The Windsplitter 10" windshield solves a lot of problems too: I can hear the radio and my head doesn't buffet like it's in a washing machine at 70 mph.

I can't get past the looks of that seat...looks like a lumpy pillow.  On an Ultra with the King TP, it's not quite so bad, but I still don't like the look.  On a SG, it would be downright Fugly, but that's just my opinion.  The new HD Hammock seat is pretty comfortable for me thus far on my RG.

If you want a long distance seat, get a Corbin Dual Tour w/heat.  Or a Classic Solo.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »

I had one on an Ultra. As Terry said, kinda ugly for my tastes. However, one of the best if not the best seat I ever had. So many ways to adjust it. Changes to relieve pretty much any pressure point you may have.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.