Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: LePera Manufacturing Appointment Today.  (Read 3578 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: LePera Manufacturing Appointment Today.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 03:10:29 PM »

I got to tell you, I like the looks of that seat. It's semi original (borrowed logo) and unique to the application. I wish it was more comfortable for you.

This picture is testimony to the aftermarket desire to design, manufacturer and market this type of third party solution for the hard ass stock seat.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 09:00:28 PM »

Well Kona, I an still looking forward to seeing what LePera built for you and if someone like this can do a fitment from the SEFB seat you left with them in order to possibly offer us a true replacement seat, which would of course open that seat up to their beautiful custom finishes!!! Would be excellent for LePera, no?, knowing there is a niche market for them, although small?

noVee

no-rain

• Senior CVO Member
  • Man it is good to be a SE Ultra owner
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 09:43:15 PM »

Kona, great idea on getting LePara to modify the original pan in the chrome shell. I'm pretty happy with what I did to my seat but am iterested in seeing what LePara comes up with. They have a very nice seat with a gell insert, I've seen one of their $700 seats taken apart for modifications and the seat looks to be high quality. They are able to get a good ride on a thin seat like the one on our bikes.

I also love the Corbin seat as I had one on my BMW, logging many miles. I would throw caution to the wind here for any one considering the Corbin: [highlight]No Rain (aka: Rain Man) had a Corbin stinger on his red sefb and he found it had damaged the paint on the rear fender.[/highlight]

REO is right.... I would think twice before buying a Stinger Saddle again for my SEFB. I had even placed extra rubber cushions under the seat and it ate through them last year on an iron butt. I clear coated the area since it is not visable with the Stinger on but I cannot use the original saddle without this area showing. I ended up purchasing a matching paint set from one of the members on this site.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 09:44:36 PM by johnb »
--  No-Rain (aka rainman)  --
06 SE Ultra List of UCEG SE mods
05 SE Fatboy

TankerPig

• Full CVO Member
  • Be careful, sobriety can make you do silly things!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 08:54:25 PM »

Looking forward to your upcoming pics, Kona.  I bought a LePera seat to replace the solo saddle on my SEFB and couldn't be happier with the comfort.  I have the silhouette with rider gel.  Haven't gotten anything custom, but that's on the list of things to spend money on.  Can't wait to see how yours turned out.
2005 Screamin Eagle Fatboy
V&H Big Shots Staggered
Zipper's High Flow Air Cleaner
PCIII USB
PM Contrast Cut Gasser wheels, pulley, rotors

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 04:25:13 AM »

Just an update, my custom seat will be available this Friday April 21st, 2006. I will post pictures of the new seat Friday night. I believe the stock saddle questions will be answered as early as next week. I am leaving my stock seat with them, and addressing the possible marketing score LePera might have opened to them.

I think a poll is necessary to really give up a sincere number as to interests in the stock saddle "re-manufacturering". Yes? No? Let me know what you think as I would represent our interested parties and negociate a deal. Keep in mind, I am going to see about this re-manufacturering for personal reasons anyway. If I can show some volume interest, I might just trigger the market score necessary for a business plan.

If I am not mistaken, I would need an interested party of 10 or more for starters. But, lets just see what they come up with first, ok?
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 03:43:49 PM »

Hey Kona, I for one am definitely interested and may already be on a list of contacts for Christine to get back to once they are able to build this SEFB replacement seat. And would like to order one ASAP.
noVee

duck_fan_doug

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »

I'm interested if it will fit the 06 FLSTFSE as well.
FLSTFSE2
Awaiting Dyno Date for Install: Rinehart 2-1, Zippers A/C, Zippers 50MM Throttlebody, Zippers Intake Manifold and SERT

Slick

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 07:36:04 PM »

The stock seat looks so much better than any aftermarket seat out there so I had to have mine customized with a gel insert. It's more comfortable than stock and is fine for day riding. I'll try it out on long distance rides this summer

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 01:19:24 AM »

[highlight]The stock seat looks so much better than any aftermarket seat out there so I had to have mine customized with a gel insert[/highlight]. It's more comfortable than stock and is fine for day riding. I'll try it out on long distance rides this summer

Yeah, couldn't agree with you any more. There is a definitive style that says SEFB to me. Your remanufacturered seat turned out excellent. I am hoping for results that meet or exceed your accomplishment. Plus, who doesn't love a Screamin' Eagle between your legs? I am hoping to have us offered additional graphics as well.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 01:22:31 AM »

[highlight]I'm interested if it will fit the 06 FLSTFSE as well[/highlight].

I will certainly address the various years that the stock CVO saddle applies to, when I meet with the LePera product manager.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.