Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: LePera Manufacturing Appointment Today.  (Read 3608 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
LePera Manufacturing Appointment Today.
« on: April 05, 2006, 08:22:04 AM »

Greetings my friends. I have made an apppoitment for tomorrow April 5th to visit the LePera manufacturing facility in North Hollywood, CA. I heard they can really "hook me up" a custom seat for my favorite new ride.

I have to agree with most on this site: the FatBoy seat looks nice, but sucks for anything over 30 minutes of riding between bars, beers, pool or whatever.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
Re: LePera Manufacturing Appointment Today.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 08:42:49 AM »

I want a custom look, yet not necessarily with an exotic skin like Ostrich or [highlight]Buzzard's Tush[/highlight].

I love that - made me laugh out loud

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

This is the Lepera I was waiting for

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:28:09 PM »

That's great Kona, Christine told me well over a month ago that they were doing a fitting for a replacement seat for the SEFB that would fit within the chrome trim but I have not heard back from her. Let us know what you can find out about it.
Thanks,
noVee

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 01:29:08 PM »

this was my 2nd choice

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »

Hey Tuned, looks great.
what's the logo or design they put on that for you?

noVee

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:35:24 PM »

No, Thats not mine, She told me they were about 2 weeks away from production for the 200mm
06"s. I cant believe they dont have anything for the 05's yet. I was all set to wait till I saw that Brawler in the spring catalog on the FatBoy. I dont know how comforatable it is but it looks good. I think Im gonna wait for Kona's pics at this point... really hard decision. Corbin is also 2 weeks away from having the FastGun done....

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 03:57:28 PM »

What's the FastGun? Don't see it on their site.
Corbin confirmed to me last week althought they have new seats to fit the 200 fender, they also don't have a replacement seat to fit the chrome trim of the SEFB.

noVee

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 04:34:05 PM »

Fast gun

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 04:34:46 PM »

fast gun

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 12:28:45 AM »

My appointment went well with LePera Enterprises, Inc. I met with Christine LePera and her lead sales person Ashley. We took some time and selected what I think is a super combination of materials for a rightous new saddle. I went with a Black Leather LX-900 "Sorrento" with an exotic custom carbon fiber inlay in Charcol Grey with Black/Grey threads in a pattern called Inferno.

This is hopefully a unique combination of LePera components for a custom looking seat. According to Ashley, the final product will be available in 2-3 weeks.

Also in my negociations, I requested the design staff look into a solution for the stock Chrome Seat we all love to look at but hate to ride on. I am going to leave the stock SEFB single saddle with them when I pick up the new one. Ashley said they would see what they can do with it, which would be great because I don't always want a two up seat. I really wanted to keep it a solo seat but with the existing one, who can live with that uncomfortable pain in the (6 hour max) ass?

So, in 2-3 weeks I'll post up my latest "creation" for the 2005 FLSTFSE CVO. Doing business with LePera (so far) has been great.  
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 09:35:16 PM »

Kona, cant wait for a pic of that... the new website has some real nice stuff.. The old site left you wondering. I couldnt have left there without one of those solo's...

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 11:38:37 PM »

Kona, great idea on getting LePara to modify the original pan in the chrome shell. I'm pretty happy with what I did to my seat but am iterested in seeing what LePara comes up with. They have a very nice seat with a gell insert, I've seen one of their $700 seats taken apart for modifications and the seat looks to be high quality. They are able to get a good ride on a thin seat like the one on our bikes.

I also love the Corbin seat as I had one on my BMW, logging many miles. I would throw caution to the wind here for any one considering the Corbin: No Rain (aka: Rain Man) had a Corbin stinger on his red sefb and he found it had damaged the paint on the rear fender.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 02:12:31 AM »

[highlight]Kona, great idea on getting LePara to modify the original pan in the chrome shell. I'm pretty happy with what I did to my seat but am iterested in seeing what LePara comes up with. They have a very nice seat with a gell insert, I've seen one of their $700 seats taken apart for modifications and the seat looks to be high quality. They are able to get a good ride on a thin seat like the one on our bikes.[/highlight]

I heard of Butt Buffers (I think that is the company name) and I was close to shipping my stock seat to them for gel insert and recovering. My only thought was shipping 2500 miles back to the East Coast when California has resourceful manufacturering right here in the SFV. I agree with you, I think the LePera seats have the appearance of very high quality products. You would never come to this conclusion if you had seen the facilities: total old school downtown LA style building with no business name on the outside anywhere and no address as well. Some times you can get the very best from operations like this. But, let's just see how well they do before I go "all in" with my reputation and appraisals.

I am really hoping they can come up with an alternative to "Butt Buffers" method; not knocking "BB", just want more options for my ass. I love the chrome shell looks. I'm willing to put up with some pain just to keep it, for now that is. I'll post up the PIX and LePera's answers to this issue asap.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2006, 07:20:46 AM »

I heard of Butt Buffers (I think that is the company name) and I was close to shipping my stock seat to them for gel insert and recovering. My only thought was shipping 2500 miles back to the East Coast when California has resourceful manufacturering right here in the SFV. I agree with you, I think the LePera seats have the appearance of very high quality products. You would never come to this conclusion if you had seen the facilities: total old school downtown LA style building with no business name on the outside anywhere and no address as well. Some times you can get the very best from operations like this. But, let's just see how well they do before I go "all in" with my reputation and appraisals.

I am really hoping they can come up with an alternative to "Butt Buffers" method; not knocking "BB", just want more options for my ass. I love the chrome shell looks. I'm willing to put up with some pain just to keep it, for now that is. I'll post up the PIX and LePera's answers to this issue asap.

I agree you need to find a local seat company you can work with to get the seat to your liking. I did a lot of reserch before deciding what to do with my seat last year and I found that I live about ten miles from Alligator Bobs and about five miles from Wholly Cow. I drew up a design in photoshop from a scan of the sreamin eagle emblem and brought my seat in to Wholly Cow last year. He installed memory foam at that time and did the stiching in the original skin. Here's a link to the thread covering the work I had done last year.
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1114356542
Here's a pic.

The seat looked great but on rides when not making stops in 100 mile streches it became unconfortable. I got a gell insert kit made from a dry polymer from Pro Pad and had my seat guy re-do the seat again, this time he put the gell on top of the memory foam in the area I was having problems with and put a 1/4 inch foam on top. I haven't ridden more than 150 miles since due to inclement weather but it has a better feel so far. Here is a link to the Pro Pad kits.
http://www.thepropad.com/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=74&strPageHistory=cat
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.