Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 120R, question for those who have one.  (Read 4961 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: 120R, question for those who have one.
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 08:05:46 AM »

Well guess its just a function of these $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 08:21:08 AM »

Well guess its just a function of these $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
how many?  :-\  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »

Should I assume they will no longer be calling these "crate motors"?  For some reason the term "cardboard box motors" doesn't work for me, but I'm sure the marketing whiz kids could come up with a nice nondescript term that doesn't make them sound so cheap.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 09:13:01 AM »

Should I assume they will no longer be calling these "crate motors"?  For some reason the term "cardboard box motors" doesn't work for me, but I'm sure the marketing whiz kids could come up with a nice nondescript term that doesn't make them sound so cheap.

Jerry

Jerry,

It all boils down to ' you get what you pay for '. In the case of a Jims motor, you get a nice fancy sturdy shipping container along with a decent engine stand. And that's what your paying Jims for. Your not paying them for a decent motor because after 3k miles you end up with a useless boat anchor. Hopefully, Harley is putting their attention on delivering a dependable engine that will last well over 3K miles..   I doubt serisouly the motor Fulsac got came from Harley, the packaging looks like 'someone' was very anxious to get $$$$ in ther hands and I hope Fulsac doesn't come out on raunchy end of Craigs list deal.  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:32:31 PM by cvobiker »

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »

I was out of the shop at the time UPS showed. The driver gave us a 24 hour refusal period, and stated UPS would most likely not cover
any damage due to insufficient packaging. The shipper is an HD dealer, also a customer and a very good one. I'm sure we will work it out.
I'm not upset, I need the motor. We already started making the new exhaust flanges for the "C" Pipe that the 120 will get. A little
disappointed that I have to pop the cover off and pull a pushrod out of it to see if its bent. Right now its just a hunk of metal. I won't
have any emotional attachment to the beast until I see it make 135 HP on the dyno and I get to ride it!
Then I will give it a girls name and start polishing it.  :2vrolijk_21:

Steve
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:12:03 AM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

jty

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 11:17:29 AM »

I was out of the shop at the time UPS showed. The driver gave us a 24 hour refusal period, and stated UPS would most likely not cover
any damage due to insufficient packaging. The shipper is an HD dealer, also a customer and a very good one. I'm sure we will work it out.
I'm not upset, I need the motor. We already started making the new exhaust flanges for the "C" Pipe that the 120 will get. A little
disappointed that I have to pop the cover off and pull a pushrod out of it to see if its bent. Right now its just a hunk of metal. I won't
have any emotional attachment to the beast until I see it make 135 HP on the dyno and I get to ride it!
Then I will give it a girls name and start polishing it.  :2vrolijk_21:

Steve
:jack: While we are at it, any idea when you guys at Fullsac have a pipe available for a  pre-2009 bagger with 120R ?

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 11:35:08 AM »

:jack: While we are at it, any idea when you guys at Fullsac have a pipe available for a  pre-2009 bagger with 120R ?
My 2012 SG is due in end of the month. I'm not even going to ride it before the 103 gets yanked and the 120 goes in.
Heading straight into the dyno room from there. Production pipes with fuel mapping by Nov-Dec?
The 09 style exhaust pipe will fit the earlier baggers with an oil pan swap. Helped several do it.

Thanks for your interest. Spending hours in the dyno room and building one off pipes for myself doesn't pay any bills. Quite the opposite.

Steve
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:38:42 AM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

jty

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »

Thanks, great to know, given the price of Wegners, the market is there.

strokerjlk

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »

Thanks, great to know, given the price of Wegners, the market is there.
not to hijack ,but you brought it up. :-\ I talked to Casey today,they (wegner) are testing some diff pipes (non stainless) that will fit under stock shields.
should be interesting.

If you point your oxygen-acetylene cutting torch
at a temperature sensor and adjust it for the highest temp you have found stoichiometric
Ron Dickey

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »

Whoever repackaged that had obviously been eating retard sandwiches.  What a shame.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 01:31:57 PM »

Whoever repackaged that had obviously been eating retard sandwiches.  What a shame.
:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2011, 11:12:57 PM »

My wife's care packages from SATX to Iraq were better than the one on this thread.  Heck, even customs couldn't ruin her packing.  She has game! 
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.